Clothes Make the Man

This is a discussion on Clothes Make the Man within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi All Just a short note to list a few good sources for clothing suitable for CCW use. One good source is Duluth Trading Company ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clothes Make the Man

Cool Clothes Make the Man

Hi All

Just a short note to list a few good sources for clothing suitable for CCW use.

One good source is Duluth Trading Company at www.DuluthTrading.com. This company caters to tradesmen and craftsmen and not to the CCW crowd. However, their stuff is well made and works well for concealed carry use. I especially like their Duluth Presentation Jacket and the Duluth Smoking Jacket. Bothe garments are well made and long enought to conceal a full sized pistol. The Presentation Jacket has a huge number of pockets with 2 hidden security pockets.

The next source s King Size Direct at www.KingSizeDirect.com. Once again, they don't cater to the concealed carry crowd, but their stuff works well for CCW use. They have a vast range of sizes and options to choose from. I like their full elastic jeand and their side elastic triple pleated jeans. I find the triple pleats work well to conceal the outline of a small gun carried in a pocket. Theur prices are super reasonable too.

The last one is The Territory
    ahead at www.territoryahead.com. I list this one last because they are somewhat expensive. Their clothes are well made and work well for our use though. I like their loine of sports jackets and their pants are nice too.

I hope this was a help.

KRobb

2. Remove Ads

I liked the jacket on territoryahead.com, sure would cover stuff very well.
    Thanks for the info.
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by KRobb
    One good source is Duluth Trading Company....
    I received their catalog in the mail last week. I had never seen or heard of them before that. They did have some neat stuff in their catalog.

Quote Originally Posted by FortyFive
    I liked the jacket on territoryahead.com, sure would cover stuff very well.
    I liked that jacket as well, and since I am a jeans and oxford shirt type of guy I may have to buy one.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Being 6'8" and resembling an evil linebacker, I know kingsizedirect real well - their 'fishermans vests' work great for the times you want to be Mr. Tactical without advertising it to everyone. They've also got fanny packs (not partial to 'em myself) in various sizes that work pretty well for guns if you're in their size demographic.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by rfurtkamp
    Being 6'8" and resembling an evil linebacker, I know kingsizedirect real well - their 'fishermans vests' work great for the times you want to be Mr. Tactical without advertising it to everyone.
    I had to chuckle at this one....there is no way in hell, rfurtkamp, that, at 6'8", you can put on a tutu, much less a fishing vest and not look "Tactical"...LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Prospector
    I had to chuckle at this one....there is no way in hell, rfurtkamp, that, at 6'8", you can put on a tutu, much less a fishing vest and not look "Tactical"...LOL!
    Well, I *do* look like I rob gas stations for a living.

It makes the rare occasion that some idiot yokel tries to actually hurt me all the funnnier. :)

Lead Moderator
    Krobb, I saw the catalog clothes too. Seemed like it would work well, but I am hesitant to order clothes, especially with no pictures. I like some of the Royal Robbins clothes. Haven't tried their jackets yet though. Of course up here it is easy to carry a full size pistol due to the cold weather.

rfurtkamp-I would think your concealment problem would be from some shorter person(read all of us) simply looking up and seeing the hardware under your coat.(smile). What in the world do you need protection from??(smile).
    Last edited by FortyFive; March 8th, 2005 at 01:40 PM.
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

If it's under the coat, it might be visible.

As far as what, I seem to be one of the people who is an idiot magnet at times - I rarely go to bars, I don't do anything illicit, etc., but some damned fool tried to carjack me last year with the old lady in the car (and I drive a 17 year old beast).

Criminals are rarely bright, and those whose substance of choice is huffing paint are even dimmer.

Hi All

I forgot to mention Concealed Carry Outifters. They are at www.ConcealedCarryOutfitters.com. At the moment they make strictly vests. But the vests they make are excelent. I have 2

KRobb

Quote Originally Posted by rfurtkamp
    If it's under the coat, it might be visible.

As far as what, I seem to be one of the people who is an idiot magnet at times - I rarely go to bars, I don't do anything illicit, etc., but some damned fool tried to carjack me last year with the old lady in the car (and I drive a 17 year old beast).

Criminals are rarely bright, and those whose substance of choice is huffing paint are even dimmer.
    Let me get this straight:

#1. He attempted to rob a man who could fold me up into an accordion and throw me through 3 plate glass windows for good measure

who was

#2. Driving a car you probably can't buy spare parts for

Pardon my mention of the word French, but what a G.D. moron.

Come to think of it, the whole reason I got interested in the CCW process is because I have no chance in heck against anyone 6'8" tall...

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by FortyFive
    ....some shorter person (read all of us) simply looking up and seeing the hardware under your coat....
    You're scarring me with that mental picture....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

#1. He attempted to rob a man who could fold me up into an accordion and throw me through 3 plate glass windows for good measure
    Yeah, that's what I thought too. He was surprised that said driver pulled a gun worth more than the car. ;)

#2. Driving a car you probably can't buy spare parts for
    Some of them, no - you've got to fabricate or modify. :)

Pardon my mention of the word French, but what a G.D. moron.
    Yes, that's about what I thought. Some people you just can't reach.

Come to think of it, the whole reason I got interested in the CCW process is because I have no chance in heck against anyone 6'8" tall...
    I got one because I can't run much any more due to an injury I sustained in an ROTC class in college - my right ankle is cooked. Well, that and I was carrying a gun for years before I could get one anyway. ;)

Red face

Maybe not worth mentioning (but I usually do anyway), LL Bean and Eddie Bauer have decent jackets for that casual look that I'd think would be good for CC....didn't punch the links here but do a google search. I told Bumper last night that when I saw the mention of "Smoking Jacket"...I immediately had this vision of Hugh Hefner with a pipe in his mouth, a 1911 in one hand, and the other hand on one of his "bunnies"......geesh, I didn't know they even made smokin jackets anymore.

http://www.israelmilitary.com/index.php?cPath=46

This looks interesting for CCW wear.
    Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links