Crimson Trace and Max Con V

This is a discussion on Crimson Trace and Max Con V within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I currently use a Max Con V with a Glock 26, I want to know if I put Crimson Trace on my Glock 26 if ...

Thread: Crimson Trace and Max Con V

I currently use a Max Con V with a Glock 26, I want to know if I put Crimson Trace on my Glock 26 if it will still fit in the Max Con V.

Thats a Good Question hopefully Gary or someone who has tried this setup will be along to answer you could take a few days though

Howdy and welcome aboard!!! To answer your question, I have to tell you that anything that changes the outside dimensions of the firearm will mean that the holster will have to be made to accommodate it. The Crimson Trace products for most guns are not a problem because the are in the grip, and do not even touch the material of many holsters made for the stock guns. However, IIRC, the Glock models are frame mounted just forward of the trigger guard, so in that case the holster would be a custom job. Please let me know if there is anything else that we can do for you. Thanks!

Thanks Gary, that was what I thought and just wanted to check before ordering Crimson Trace grips, as you know they not exactly cheap.

All of the Crimson Trace lasersights for Glocks that I have seen are grip-frame mounted by a cross-pin. The unit wraps around the rear of the grip frame and the laser diode tube lies alongside the right side of the grip/receiver, just below the lower edge of the slide.

Unlike the Crimson Trace models for handguns equipped with grip panels, where the actuation button is situated on the grip's frontstrap (or in the left-hand grip, depending on button style you choose), for the Glocks, the actuation button is situated in the same region as the grip safety on a 1911 model, actuated by the web between thumb and index finger. The only issue I know of would concern holster clearance for the laser diode tube itself. The easiest description I could use woud be for a 1911-style pistol. In that case, the forward-facing, output lens-end of the diode tube extends as far forward, generally, as the region of the top right-hand, forwardmost corner of a 1911's right side grip panel. So the question would be how much does the open top lip of the holster encroach toward or cover that top right corner area of the 1911's right-hand grip panel. If the holster does cover that part of the grip it MIGHT not be an issue if the holster opening is not a "reinforced" one. If the holster doesn't cover up that part of the grip panel there would seemingly be zero issue.

Hard to say whether this would be an issue for Glock model CT units or not because I have no reference point for describing exactly how far forward alonside the right side grip/receiver frame the diode tube would extend on a Glock pistol. The situation described pertains to Crimson Trace model lasersights alone. Where Gary is referencing actuation button or mounting situated forward of the trigger guard, it sounds like and I presume he's talking about comp-style laserlights that mount on a frame rail slot , and/or units like the LaserMax where the replacement internal recoil spring guide rod incorporates the laser diode, and the replacement takedown lever incorporates the activation switch. For a Crimson Trace unit as said the only issue I know of if any is whether or not the holster opening lip would adequately clear the laser diode tube itself, or not. You'd have to determine where that tube sits and eyeball catalog or sample holster pics real careful, or better yet determine where the tube would sit on your gun and then ask the holstermaker directly concerning the particular model holster you'd be using or ordering.

I added CT Grips to my S&W 1911Sc commander after purchasing my MAXCON V, and it did not change the fit or create any problems..
    Lloyd

Eternity is a long time, do you know for certain where you will spend it?

Links