UBG Canute Holster for Kahr P45

UBG Canute Holster for Kahr P45

This is a discussion on UBG Canute Holster for Kahr P45 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thanks to Slimjim, I now own Nate's fantastic Canute IWB holster for my Kahr P45. This is my second holster for the P45. My first ...

VIP Member

Thumbs up UBG Canute Holster for Kahr P45

Thanks to Slimjim, I now own Nate's fantastic Canute IWB holster for my Kahr P45. This is my second holster for the P45.

My first is a Ron Graham Blackbird IWB holster. While it is an extremely well made holster in its own right, it rides too high for my tastes. Not so with the Canute. It rides just right for me. It also is beautifully concealable as I untucked my t-shirt, let it fall over the holstered P45 on my belt only to disappear under the t-shirt.

Some maker's sweatshield equipped holsters have just enough leather that I find it a bit of a challenge to get a comfortable, full, grip around the grips/stocks prior to pulling the gun out of the holster. Not so with the Canute. My thumb (happily) has plenty of room for my hands to wrap around the grip of my P45.

Kudos to Nate for crafting such a comfortable and concealable holster for making a cow look so good! More kudes to Slimjim for the super-easy transaction!

Here's a UBG single magazine pouch for single-stack .45 ACP magazines (with a 1911 magazine). Another solid piece of leather!

By the way, I'll be selling my Blackbird holster (seen below). Details to follow on a follow-up thread.

Last edited by srfl; March 23rd, 2007 at 06:22 PM.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    Just curious; both the Kahr holsters look very similar except there's obviously more leather in the second one you're now selling. Why'd you want the new one and what are it's advantages besides less leather near the grip?

Also, I wonder if UBG can get black snaps?

Gideon

VIP Member
    Gideon...as I stated, the Blackbird rides too high for me. Some folks like high-riding holsters; I don't. I have a Blackbird holster for the Steyr M-series. See how high it rides, which is too high for me:

My P45/Blackbird holster rides just as high.

The sweatshields that are cut a bit too big make it harder (for me) to get a complete grip around the gun's grip during the initial draw. It interferes with my thumb locking on the grip.

The Canute is perfect for me with respects to ride hight and its sweatshield is large enough to protect my "love handles," but small enough not to interfere with my gripping the gun.
    Last edited by srfl; March 23rd, 2007 at 06:35 PM.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

VIP Member
    Dang, UBG has been practicing! That looks really nice!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Looks like the Canute also has a wider footprint where the front loop is further offset than the Blackbird's. That's something I prefer as the wider spacing has always felt more comfortable and secure to me. Nice leather ... and guns too!
    Jack

So, as another owner of the P45, where is the link for that beautiful holster by Slimjim so I can order one?
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Those are black, but they're shiny. I now have flat black DOT one-way fastners.

Thanks for the kudos.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Nice, I got one Nate's holsters and also a belt, very good stuff. Might have get another for my Kahr K40. Wish he would add a line of snap on OWB holsters.

Quote Originally Posted by sass20485 View Post
    Nice, I got one Nate's holsters and also a belt, very good stuff. Might have get another for my Kahr K40. Wish he would add a line of snap on OWB holsters.
    What do you have in mind???

Drop me an email with your ideas. We'll talk.

Nate
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Quote Originally Posted by czman2006 View Post
    So, as another owner of the P45, where is the link for that beautiful holster by Slimjim so I can order one?
    I wish I could make holsters like that! That is a holster made by Nate at UBG Holsters. Looks like people are catching on to his work, his lead time has doubled in the last few months.

http://www.ubgholsters.com/

My wife's eyes widen with each and every order, lol.

This thread convinced me to take the plunge and order an Ugly Bald Guy Canute as well. If this holster performs as well as it looks, Milt Sparks has some serious competition. 3-5 weeks is a very acceptable wait time as well.

Links