New gear from Brommeland.

This is a discussion on New gear from Brommeland. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Went to check the mail today and had a package from Gary and Remy. Inside was a Wilderness Tactical Instructor's belt (1.5" 5 stitch in ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New gear from Brommeland.

New gear from Brommeland.

Went to check the mail today and had a package from Gary and Remy. Inside was a Wilderness Tactical Instructor's belt (1.5" 5 stitch in wilderness coyote color) and a new mag pouch design Gary told me about some time ago - I'd honestly forgotten about it.

Being a diehard leather fanatic I was pleasantly surprised with the Instructor's belt, it's stiff enough to support my steel Mil-Spec without sagging or rolling but not so much so that it's uncomfortable to wear - I can't imagine needing the CSM insert with anything less than full LEO duty gear. It's also adjustable from "barely holding up my pants" to "oh dear Lord, I CAN'T BREATHE! "

The new pouch rides lower on the belt than the Def Con model, roughly 1.75" or so below the bottom edge of the belt (still well concealed under my normal cover shirt) and takes up less lateral space due to the riveted, fold over loop attachment. This one leaves plenty of real estate for a separate light pouch, Leatherman tool or whatever else I decide to carry for the day - I'll definitely be ordering one for the Glock as well (hopefully it'll be listed on the website soon).

As is typical with all the gear I've gotten from Gary and Remy, the fit, finish and attention to detail is simply outstanding. This includes the Instructor's belt as well, it's top notch all the way - guess that's why he sells them, huh? Anyway, a big thanks goes to Gary and Remy for the new gear - and now ... the pics:

2. Remove Ads

Looks good Congrats on the new goodies

Assistant Administrator
    Nice new gear Jack ........ Christmas comes more than once a year!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Nice leather, Jack. Gary strikes again.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

good looking leather. what's their turn around time?

VIP Member
    Man I love artistically crafted gun leather!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Lead Moderator
    Nice set-up!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Very nice!

I really like that mag holder!

Catalina: Tough to answer that one with this order. The belt was only a few days since Gary's a stocking dealer and I wear a pretty common size (36"). As far as the the mag pouch goes, it's been in the works for some time now but I honestly can't recall how long - I'm showing the early stages of CRS as I sneak up on 40. Hopefully Gary will jump on here and give the details on the mag pouch.

The MaxCon V I've had for almost two years, I thought it would help give the pics some visual perspective - plus, I really like that holster .
    Jack

that looks good!!!!!!!!
    "You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

NRA Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    You have great taste, Brommeland and Hakans!
    www.czforum.com

Go RED SOX!

Hi Folks!

Jack - thank's for posting a review - I always appreciate the feedback. I have been working on that mag pouch design for about 9 months or so, a little bit at a time when I get a few minutes. We finally perfected it late summer/early fall. (When we ran into the leather supply problems, I used the down time to finish up it along with a few other designs.)
    I know it is a simple little pouch and there are many makers who do something that looks very similar. The problem that I have found with many existing designs is in the belt loop. The way most of them are made they tend to fall away from the belt a bit, and that really hurts concealment. With my belt loop design, it pulls in nice and tight to the body, and it has a forward rake as well.
    Forward rake? If you ever need to clear a malfunction or perform a reload under fire, odds are that you'll be squatting, crouching or kneeling behind cover. As you do so, your pelvis tends to tilt backwards somewhat. The result is that a mag worn vertically will now be pointd to the rear, creating an akward movement and greatly increasing the potential "fumble factor". Anyone who has been to a pistolcraft school (or in an actual lethal force situation) knows that fine motor skills go right out the window in a gunfight, and you'll only have gross motor skills to work with. This pouch, like our existing Def-Con Single/double mag pouches are designed with this in mind.
    This new design is also much narrower than the Def-Con Single Mag Pouch, and takes up less space on the belt. For really slim guys, or folks who carry a lot of gear, this is a big plus too!
    I dunno what I'm gonna call it. I am certainly open to ideas. Whoever suggests the name that we ultimately decide to go with will get a free mag pouch for their trouble. Thanks!

hey gary nice looking and thaks for looking our for us skinny folks

as fas a the name goes

call it what it is

a mag pouch that works

or the MPW LOL

call me next week when you get a chance i need to pick your brain

JD

I've got a name choice you can consider.

Tac-Con = Tactical Concealment Mag Pouch.

Quite simple, to the point and goes with the rest of your stuff, Def-Con, Max-Con, Tac-Con.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Ti Carry View Post
    I've got a name choice you can consider.

Tac-Con = Tactical Concealment Mag Pouch.

Quite simple, to the point and goes with the rest of your stuff, Def-Con, Max-Con, Tac-Con.

Ti
    The reason I'm laughing is that is exactly what Remy and I have been calling it !

We've been thinking about naming it just that, but the term "tactical" is so over used it just makes me want to :barf:

However, you are "in the running". Thanks for the input.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links