Alien Gear Holster: Plastic clips won't stay on belt?

This is a discussion on Alien Gear Holster: Plastic clips won't stay on belt? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently acquired an Alien Gear Cloack Tuck 2.0 for my G43 as part of a trade. I've always wanted to try them, but was ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Alien Gear Holster: Plastic clips won't stay on belt?

Alien Gear Holster: Plastic clips won't stay on belt?

I recently acquired an Alien Gear Cloack Tuck 2.0 for my G43 as part of a trade. I've always wanted to try them, but was put off by the long wait. So far it's fairly comfortable and easy to use. Only exception is the clips (the plastic ones). The rear clip seems to be riding up and sliding off of my belt (Wilderness Tactical) when I bend or engage in vigorous activity. This is a big retention issue. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if you found anything that resolved it?
    "In matters of taste, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like the rock." - Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array StripesDude's Avatar
    I've found the same thing. I have several AG holsters and swap out the plastic clips for the metal ones.
    mathiasinthe314 likes this.
    My EDC: Springfield XDS
    My sometimes EDC: Colt XSE LW or G26

I have an new AG Cloak 3 and I do not have that problem. I suggest contacting their customer service and asking for replacement clips. You can return the holster if they will not resolve this for you.

I saw some of these holsters in person at a local gun store and was not impressed. They seem marketed to an odd crowd? Neon green spacers in between the kydex and leather and belt clips. Didn't look worth the $48 or so being asked. They seem bulky compared to others.

Quote Originally Posted by ccwrdaben View Post
    I saw some of these holsters in person at a local gun store and was not impressed. They seem marketed to an odd crowd? Neon green spacers in between the kydex and leather and belt clips. Didn't look worth the $48 or so being asked. They seem bulky compared to others.
    They're a less expensive version of a hybrid holster, I think they're marketed to budget conscious carriers. It's compareable in size to my Galco King Tuks for other guns (probably will be ordering one for the G43) but the difference in materials and build is noticeable - but my King Tuks run from $80-100 new depending on model. The AG Cloak Tuck 2.0 runs $36 from their website and cheaper if you take adavantage of the two holster special.

So, I definitely think if the clips weren't an issue - it's a great value holster. Similar size and comfort at half the price. With a lifetime guarantee. But - the clips Just aren't doing it for me.
    "In matters of taste, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like the rock." - Thomas Jefferson

I opted for the metal clips and have had no issues. Quite the comfortable holster for be price.

However , I've found myself enjoying the appendix carry much more so this has taken a back burner for days appendix may not be a viable option.

I have a have a Stealth Gear with the kydex clips that you can buy on the Stealth Gear site and they are great, no retention issue at all.. maybe they can fit on the alien gear

SGUSA holster hardware ? StealthGearUSA
    "To disarm the people...is the most effectual way to enslave them." - George Mason
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samuel Adams
    G43, NRA Member, CCW Safe

Quote Originally Posted by mathiasinthe314 View Post
    But - the clips Just aren't doing it for me.

Alien gear offers three different types of plastic clips:

a. "Standard" clips.

b. "C-clips."

c. "J-clips."

Which of the three clip designs are you using ? You didn't say.

In addition, they offer metal clips (I've used them on my A.G. holsters and have never had an issue with those coming off.")

They also offer leather loops with snaps. Have you tried those ?

I have two ("original") A.G. holsters. They work just fine. Are there better hybrid rigs out there ? Probably. But most of them cost 3 or 4 times more then Alien Gear.

I'd give A.G. the chance to fix this. If they don't, then complain on the forum.
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

Quote Originally Posted by PhaedrusIV View Post

Alien gear offers three different types of plastic clips:

a. "Standard" clips.

b. "C-clips."

c. "J-clips."

Which of the three clip designs are you using ? You didn't say.

In addition, they offer metal clips (I've used them on my A.G. holsters and have never had an issue with those coming off.")

They also offer leather loops with snaps. Have you tried those ?

I have two ("original") A.G. holsters. They work just fine. Are there better hybrid rigs out there ? Probably. But most of them cost 3 or 4 times more then Alien Gear.

I'd give A.G. the chance to fix this. If they don't, then complain on the forum.
    Not trying to complain - I really like everything else about the holster. My purpose for posting wasn't to flame AG, but to see if the problem was me, my belt, or something else. If I find a solution, I can say they will have earned my future business for holsters. Best value.

That clarified.

I have the standard clips, I'm thinking I will order the metal clips from them and see if those have a positive impact.

Also, a point that everyone may be missing thus far is that I didn't purchase this holster from AG - I got it as part of a trade with my G43. I've never heard of a business solving issues for secondhand customers. But maybe AG is different?
    PhaedrusIV likes this.

mathias - I think they might surprise you. I've yet to hear anything bad about their customer service.

Leather loops are very effective as well.
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

Distinguished Member Array oldranger53's Avatar
    I like mine...both 2.0 and 3.0.

I'm feeling very "odd" and "budget conscious" about it.

Had em for several months now. Have plastic clips (standard style) and no issues even with daily, active use.

YMMV

<Sent from phone. Typos possible.>
    "Only Saints and Warriors are allowed in my world now, and forever."
    OR53 1998

I'd give them a call and do what they recommend.

Ive never had this problem with mine. If anything it can be difficult to pop the clips off of my belt. Its as secure as I could ever hope for.

Quote Originally Posted by ccwrdaben View Post
    Who cares what color the spacers are? They wont be seen even by you when youre wearing it. They also include black spacers if it bothers you so much. I dont find it to be bulky at all. I own comptac, galco, and crossbreed holsters as well, and the only one that even compares to the aliengear is the galco, although at a higher price. The other two dont even come close.

If it's the clips I'm thinking of, nylon C clips with the long bottom. They are probably not engaging that narrow belt well. They seem to be designed for a larger belt. There is a slight gap in them that a thinner belt might work through. They are also dead on 1.5", not give there. I use them and have had one complaint similar to yours. Others love them thought. Try metal clips or snap loops.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

This is why I personally don't use AlienGear holsters: there's only one attach point for the belt clips, so they move. I went with the Galco KingTuk line of holsters because they don't have this problem.
    Master Resiliency Trainer.
    Guns: Glock 19, Glock 43.
    Holsters: Galco King Tuk, MIC holster, Blackhawk Serpa.
    Defensive Load: Remington HTP (Because poor).
    Website

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links