Mitch Rosen on order

This is a discussion on Mitch Rosen on order within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; While in Manchester, NH yesterday I stopped by Mitch Rosen's shop to see what there was to see. Which, aside from the placard regarding the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mitch Rosen on order

Mitch Rosen on order

While in Manchester, NH yesterday I stopped by Mitch Rosen's shop to see what there was to see. Which, aside from the placard regarding the rules for bringing firearms onto the premises, was plenty. I wound up ordering a lined, full detail Premier snap on-and-off holster and snapped single mag carrier in black for my P229 in .40. Being the hands-down winner of the annual Buyer's Remorse poster-boy contest, I began to wonder before I left his parking lot what I had done to myself. I wanted a belt-loop holster and mag carrier, but... . My concern is: Is this type of holster at least as secure, close-fitting and concealable as a belt-loop rig? And do they stay that way after use and over time? Mitch says they do, but does anyone have any long-term experience with them? He quoted me 12 weeks so I have awhile to change my order. I know Orangehole just got one, in 6 weeks no less. Mitch said that sometimes happens if he made one in error or was making a couple, so what's one more, etc. I mentioned a recent thread regarding holstermakers here: http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ad.php?t=19507 and here: http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...=274928&page=2 that had to get locked up as it was becoming inappropriately testy, in which he came off as, um, curmudgeonly shall we say. He said "Curmudgeonly? Hahaha! Well, does Macy's tell Gimbels?". Anyhoo, anything I can find out about this particular type of snap-loop rig would be much appreciated!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by LTPhoon View Post
    do they stay that way after use and over time?
    Before I get flamed and run out of town on a rail because of the comments I am about to make, let me just say that I appreciate the LOOK and SMELL and BEAUTY of a quality leather holster as much as the next guy...BUT...because leather does tend to...uh...lose it's shape, luster and retentiveness over a period of time, I find myself SLOWLY converting over to Kydex.

I still love our beloved leather - don't get me wrong!

However...

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Well...exactly what style of snap on holster are you refering to? Just curious...thats a pretty vague description.

Shoot well and god bless
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

Quote Originally Posted by Glock 'em down View Post
    Before I get flamed and run out of town on a rail because of the comments I am about to make, let me just say that I appreciate the LOOK and SMELL and BEAUTY of a quality leather holster as much as the next guy...BUT...because leather does tend to...uh...lose it's shape, luster and retentiveness over a period of time, I find myself SLOWLY converting over to Kydex.

However...
    I'm going to guess that your leather isn't from a custom shop? I have had 3 milt sparks holsters and none ever lost shape or retention. Kydex on the other hand is very uncomfortable IMO.
    Hoplophile

However...
    GED - I'll be praying for you...

I ordered one of his Premiere Lined holsters for my Kimber 1911 and it holds very tight to the body - just as tight as all my belt holsters.
    It is a very nice holster and I really like it. The only drawback I have with it is the fact that my two "Laredo Defenders" from K & D Holsters feel just as good, fit just as tight, and look just as good for $100 less! I ordered it to see the difference in quality - there has to be right? Its $100 more, so it has to be better - The answer is no - I would say they are both the same excellent quality - so for $100 less - Kevin has it beat. This is not a bash on Rosen's work - he does excellent work - just charges too much for it (in my opinion)

K & D's Laredo Defender

But don't have buyers remorse - you ordered an excellent holster that will give you a lifetime of enjoyment. You can't go wrong ordering custom leather from any of these guys on the board here!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Larsen View Post
    Well...exactly what style of snap on holster are you refering to? Just curious...thats a pretty vague description.

Shoot well and god bless
    Eric, see Kevin's post below...

B]BUT[/B]...because leather does tend to...uh...lose it's shape, luster and retentiveness over a period of time, I find myself SLOWLY converting over to Kydex.
    That depends upon the holster you chose. Not all leather holsters are created equal...

The only leather I own is by Galco. And as far as being comfortable, I don't wear IWB, so comfort is as comfort does - IMO, ALMOST ALL OWB holster "feel" about the same, whether it's leather, kydex, nylon - WHATEVER!

But they don't have that luxurious, intoxicating smell!

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Quote....... "GED - I'll be praying for you...!"...... LOL

Quote # Dos..."That depends upon the holster you chose. Not all leather holsters are created equal..."
    AMEN TO THAT ONE~~~

Shoot well and god bless
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

VIP Member
    I love the smell of leather in the morning... it smells like... it smells like victory!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

The only leather I own is by Galco. And as far as being comfortable, I don't wear IWB, so comfort is as comfort does - IMO, ALMOST ALL OWB holster "feel" about the same, whether it's leather, kydex, nylon - WHATEVER!

But they don't have that luxurious, intoxicating smell!
    Right, comfort is a big deal for IWB, OWB kydex works great for me too. I was thinking IWB.....
    Hoplophile

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    Right, comfort is a big deal for IWB, OWB kydex works great for me too. I was thinking IWB.....
    Well...as much as I would ADORE a "Canute" from Nate, IWB holsters are just not for me...I'm just too damn fat!

I own one the Mitch's Premier full detail holsters. I love it.
    It holds the gun securely, is comfortable, and is extremely easy to put on and remove.

I think that you will love the holster when you get it!
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk! --Tuco

I chuckled to myself after reading your post. I was thinking the same thing when I purchased the first full detail premier lined holster for my Sig from Rosen. Why the hell did I just spend $200 for a holster . When the holster arrived, I was put at ease. The quality and fit is perfect. I would have loved to have been able to see or try on a sample at his store instead of going with my instincts. Do not worry, you made a great purchase. Nothing against K&D and I own an nice Dakota defender but Rosen's leather is nicer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links