Blackhawk CQC

This is a discussion on Blackhawk CQC within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been using a Blackhawk CQC holster and magazine/flashlight pouches for quite some time now, and I have a question. Blackhawk offers their CQC line ...

Thread: Blackhawk CQC

Blackhawk CQC

I've been using a Blackhawk CQC holster and magazine/flashlight pouches for quite some time now, and I have a question. Blackhawk offers their CQC line of holsters and pouches in 4 different colors: Tactical Black, Coyote Tan, OD Green and Foliage Green. I have a Serpa holster, a magazine pouch and a flashlight pouch in Tactical Black and a magazine pouch and flashlight pouch in Coyote Tan, that matches my Desert Tan SureFire G2 PERFECTLY! I'm wanting a mag pouch and a flashlight pouch in green for my OD Green SureFire G2 - but...which green? Does anybody know the difference between Blackhawk's OD Green and Foliage Green? Which one will match up with the OD G2?

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    If I understand it correctly, "Foliage Green" is what they're calling the new digital-pattern camo on the Army ACUs (not to be confused with the Marine's two digital camo patterns - they have the "woodland" and "desert" patterns still). So, if you actually want "green." get OD green.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

kpw
    Tactical black? Is that different from regular black? What makes it tactical?
    Ok, seriously. How is the flashlight holder. Does it prevent the G2 from coming on?

Quote Originally Posted by kpw View Post
    Tactical black? Is that different from regular black? What makes it tactical?
    Ok, seriously. How is the flashlight holder. Does it prevent the G2 from coming on?
    If you don't own a Blackhawk CQC flashlight carrier for your SureFire G2 - GET ONE! This little holder, IMO of course, is without a doubt the BEST carrier out there! There is an internal polymer retention device inside of it that I always remove, because the carrier holds the SureFire G2 perfectly without it AND no, the light WILL NOT come on inside it. It is recessed just enouch to keep that from happening.

And I just called it "Tactical" Black because all of the other colors have an extra word describing them - so...I didn't want to leave the black one out in the cold! Folks get sued for lesser *****, dontcha know!

I can't say enough good things about Blackhawk CQC stuff - I ABSOLUTELY love it!
    Last edited by Glock 'em down; April 2nd, 2007 at 01:27 PM.

kpw
    Thanks GED, I'm going to look at one, that's good to hear.
    I was gonna say something about "coyote tan" but didn't. Love the names the companies come out with.

Links