Defensive Carry banner

Appendix in Sweats (don't flame me.)

11K views 91 replies 58 participants last post by  Michael000 
#1 ·
Am I the only guy that wears appendix holsters with tied sweatpants? I first started out with the bellybands and the like but, Houston Summer's steered me away from that. Just ordered a clinger and in the mean time I use a Desantis Insider for my P99c in sweats(which I'm in 90% of the time). I slide the holster on, tighten the drawstring, and swoop the waistband under to expose the grip since the insider rides hella low like I like. I'll post pics to explain later. It's actually more comfortable because while it's secure, the flex of the sweats allow the gun and holster to move with me as I sit and is never exposed when I get back up. Also, does not look like a morning wood like some other deep carry holsters I've tried in the past. No problem with retention either. Post your thoughts and concerns.

#86 ·
I agree with the post above. I see people every day with button up shirts untucked. And I know they are not carrying. And I also know people who don't put away their flannel until temps hit 80, and I know they don't carry.

Likewise, I wear a vest a lot. And that started many years ago, long before I could carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#92 · (Edited)
This exactly. Only time my shirts get tucked in are if i need to look the part: meetings, formal dinners/parties, church (the 2x a year i go...), etc. Basically any shirt that goes to the dry cleaners gets tucked in, i'd never wear them untucked as it just looks funny because i have my dry cleaned button up shirts lightly starched and pressed.

I actually wish more people would wear their shirts untucked, to me there is nothing more awkward looking clothing wise than a guy w/ a good sized spare tire looking like he's bursting at the seams because his shirt is tucked in lol. Personally what i find laughable is that for all the hub bub about how nice your clothes are and how put together you look, how your body itself looks tends to make a far bigger impression on people than those things. Speaking from experience as someone who let himself go for a few years and ballooned up to ~185 lbs and then got back down to ~135. The man makes the clothes not the other way around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.