Defensive Carry banner

Appendix in Sweats (don't flame me.)

11K views 91 replies 58 participants last post by  Michael000 
#1 ·
Am I the only guy that wears appendix holsters with tied sweatpants? I first started out with the bellybands and the like but, Houston Summer's steered me away from that. Just ordered a clinger and in the mean time I use a Desantis Insider for my P99c in sweats(which I'm in 90% of the time). I slide the holster on, tighten the drawstring, and swoop the waistband under to expose the grip since the insider rides hella low like I like. I'll post pics to explain later. It's actually more comfortable because while it's secure, the flex of the sweats allow the gun and holster to move with me as I sit and is never exposed when I get back up. Also, does not look like a morning wood like some other deep carry holsters I've tried in the past. No problem with retention either. Post your thoughts and concerns.

#3 ·
Ha, I used to carry an appendix Desantis Insider with sweatpants around the house. They were very nice, heavy duty sweatpants with pockets and the strong elastic waist and cord, and it wasn't an issue with the gun weighing them down. I run cold, so those pants were nice and toasty warm. I can't get myself to wear sweatpants in public, though. :laugh2: I do know of at least two others who carry IWB appendix with sweatpants regularly. As long as the waistband can hold the gun without making it flop out, it's ok for general situations. I probably wouldn't do trampoline aerobics, though.

#6 ·
I'm not in Russell, champion, step-parent style sweats. Lol. I'm in my 20's, they're more like the Nike, Jordan, Adidas, silly fashionable style that us "kids" wear these days".

With that said, an active shooter will have a hard time picking me out the crowd amongst the other twenty-somethings.

#8 ·
That was my mindset. Here in Texas, you can spot the carry guys a mile away. You have the guys in the tactical pants /vests or you have the guy mid-summer wearing a short sleeved button-up buttoned to the top and cargos on.oh, and the younger guys still wearing baggy clothes in 2016 to hide the gun.

#69 ·
GC ... While I've gotten used to the sweatpants, I'm still amazed by the number of people out there who think it's OK to wear their "jammies" in public. Seen it recently at the grocery store, gas station and of all places ... at the range. Flannels and slippers at the range :aargh4:

#12 ·
View attachment 123430

These type of pants I mean. Not as tight though.lol. You guys don't follow GQ magazine? I see what they mean when they call us "new age gun nuts" different from the stereotypical gun nuts.:blink:
Uh, no. I don't subscribe to any metrosexual publications or attempt to aspire to the age of the modern man.

And those pants look to girly, IMO. But what the hell, right?
Not much separating the two in this day and time.

#11 ·
Right in your age group. While I don't leave the house in sweats, I have ran errands in basketball shirts.

I do a very similar thing in utilizing the draw strings as a make shift belt and throw a single clip AIWB holster in them with my G 19.

I haven't had any issues drawing or holstering.

#14 ·
I carry IWB in sweats with Remora holsters frequently....

Go ahead... make fun of me... My mother made fun of me..... once.

#18 ·
I know what you me with wanting to get out of uniform. When I was in the navy, as soon as I got home, I put on lounge pants/shorts. I don't wear them out of the house. An Uncle Mikes nylon holster works for me in them as long as they have a draw string.

#36 ·
#21 ·
My own thoughts and concerns about any given holstered method centers on concealment, ensuring it remains in position for an effective draw, and ensuring it doesn't flop around risking either of the first two points. Which (for me) pretty much kills unholstered carry, or a holstered method that changes position, or a holstered method that flops about. Have done the "floppy" thing, with cargo style shorts that had pockets far too large for the task, and so it was somewhat painful (over time) and indiscreet. With my own sweat pants, I can't see getting over those basic hurdles. So, it wouldn't be a carry method I'd use.

#23 ·
Went into a Subway sandwich shop with a cousin the same age as I am. He had a sweat shirt tuck into sweat pants. when we got to the register the girl ask me if my father was paying for the 2 meals. I said yep dads paying and grabbed my food and went to the table. He has never worn sweats out of the house again.

#26 ·
#27 ·
^^ " I am NOT going to share what I wear for casual....NOT.......NOT......NOT "

And we thank you!:tongue:

#30 ·
I don't carry appendix, but I picked up a remora holster specifically so I could carry in sweatpants.

I don't wear sweatpants outside the house all the time, but it all depends on what I'm doing. I can tell you, there's no way I'm getting changed into different pants for a quick trip to the store.

And for the poster with the subway story...It probably had more to do with the fact that your cousin had his shirt tucked into his sweatpants.

#38 ·
I've always enjoyed GQ but it is not in any way,shape, or form concerned with CC. If I need to carry with sweats on I use my shoulder holsters. Besides all I carry are 1911's and there is no way they wont take the sweat pants right off of you, no matter how fashionista you are.

#39 ·
sweat pants !!. Never happen. Same thing with shorts . Nope not me . Be getting in my jeans as soon as feet hit floor . Don't tell me about FL , Texas, AZ , and stayed /worked in all wearing Jeans. FL old men shorts, white socks, and sandals. Looks silly and will never happen .

America has become slobs in dress and manners . My father hauled cars for a living after WWII into late 1960's . He wore nice dress shirt and dress pants, wing tip shoes. When time to load or unload He put on coveralls . He thought was terrible I wore jeans and t shirt when I drove . Look how people dressed in the years before and after WWII .Dressed with pride in themselves Men and woman both. Today most look like the picture's of walmart people . They way we dress and act is heading down hill and the country is following fast No pride in self and no pride in America. Ive only a few years left so I won't see this country in total ruin.

#40 ·
Won't get into any discussion on fashion, maturity, presentation or w/e but i will say of all the "preference" topics i've seen in regards to people that follow the "gun culture" this is the one topic ive seen where there's a line clearly drawn in the sand and no one is willing to see the other sides view.

I will try to say this as delicately and politely as possible and please understand it is not my intention to offend anyone but the "good ole southern boy" isn't the only demographic that's making up "gun culture" nowadays. Most of the new blood coming in are generations that have lived their entire lives in urban and suburban areas and are working professionals, so yeah it's going to be a completely different mindset in terms of clothing, etc. I'm in my mid to late 30s and i do wear basketball shorts around the house, know why? Cause it's comfortable as hell. I leave the house i put on a pair of cargo shorts, jeans, slacks, suit, w/e. Am i an immature slob that needs to grow up? IMO Calling them slobs and telling them to grow up is as close minded as you can be. That being said, anyone that wears skinny pants needs to be slapped upside the head. I mean really, skinny pants?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.