Defensive Carry banner

Lets see your full size set ups.

20K views 119 replies 80 participants last post by  Nebraska12 
#1 ·
I know there is a "How do you carry" thread. But I'd be interested in seeing just some of the holsters folks carry there full size and almost full size guns in. I'm talking of the size of 229,226, 1911, PPQ, G17, 92, etc.

#8 ·
Glock 34/Surefire X300 Ultra.

I carry it in a JM Custom Kydex IWB Version 2.5 Light Bearing holster at 3:30-4 o'clock. If I carry it without the light (which I rarely do) I use a JM Custom Kydex IWB Version 3 SL (Soft Loop). Both holsters are fantastic and set at 20 degrees forward cant.

Here is a picture of the holsters (with a G19 in the light bearing model). Double mag carrier is from Raven Concealment and carried OWB at about 8 o'clock.

#23 ·
The 20 degree forward cant of my JM Custom holsters made all the difference in the world. My G34 in those holsters conceals as well as or better than my G19 did IWB in a Raven Concealment holster (around 10 degree cant if I recall). The JM holsters are a lot more comfortable too due to the smaller footprint.

#20 · (Edited)
FS M&P .40 in N82 pro

been carrying my shield in a Stealthgear onyx lately but today I put 100 rounds through both and I really like shooting the .40
much better so I think I will start carrying this a little more again, while it's still winter and I can get away with concealing it
easier now than I can in the summer.
some comparison shots for size reference

smallest to biggest

#40 ·
What maker did that top holster sir. I've got one for a commander 1911 that looks like it's sister with no maker mark but some symbol [ I picked it up somewhere in an exchange at the shop years ago ].

#26 ·
The PPQ 9mm comes in two sizes: 5" barrel and 4" barrel.

I've got a polymer retention holster on order. Actually, it's long past when it should have arrived. I contacted the seller and they claimed they are sending another. If I don't have it by March 1, maybe sooner, they are getting a scathing negative review.

Anyway, this is the link to the holster I don't have yet:

http://www.amazon.com/Walther-Polymer-Retention-Holster-Black/dp/B008TBCOEW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1455935681&sr=8-2&keywords=PPQ+holster

I found out that one of the employees at the LGS I went to today makes holsters, so that is being done up for me.

#27 ·
OD: What is the make/model of the tan holster in two of your pics?

#28 ·
A few of the holsters I regularly wear

Lobo Leather Combat Classic
Handgun holster Gun Tan Gun accessory Leather

Thad Rybka Rhodesian
Gun Handgun holster Gun accessory Starting pistol Revolver

Milt Sparks 1AT
Handgun holster Brown Leather Gun accessory Tan

Davis Leather Realist
Gun Handgun holster Gun accessory Brown Tan

5 Shot Leather OSSS
Handgun holster Gun accessory Revolver Airsoft gun Starting pistol

White Tiger Game Warden
Gun Handgun holster Gun accessory Revolver Starting pistol

#29 ·
Askins Avengers, Ashman Leather, Bruce Nelson, Taurus Leather, and Galco
Handgun holster Splint boots Leather

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.