Which brand of belly band is a good one? ?

This is a discussion on Which brand of belly band is a good one? ? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been looking at belly bands for a while now, and I like the general idea. Being a woman on the go with three kids ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Which brand of belly band is a good one? ?

I can see the Smokey Mts from my front porch ;-)

I've been looking at belly bands for a while now, and I like the general idea. Being a woman on the go with three kids that normally wears workout clothes this is looking like a good option to me. The only thing is I'm very new to this. I'm not new to cc, but its very recent that I've started carrying on my person. With that in mind I need some advice. I'm looking for comfort, with the ability to be worn with my usual workout type clothes. My carry is a Smith M&P 9mm I like the one from here: Belly Band Holster in 4" by The Well Armed Woman
    Take a look at that and shoot me some opinions/suggestions of others if y'all don't mind. Tia!

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk
    Coty and BenGoodLuck like this.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principal , stand like a rock."
    ~Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array Floyd D. Barber's Avatar
    Belly band with added shoulder strap. Can comfortably carry a 1911 CMDR for 18 holes of golf.

Kangaroo Carry
    Whome65 likes this.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array StripesDude's Avatar
    I have a Bluestone that I got for $20. I wear it more than any other holster - and it can hold just about anything but a Desert Eagle.
    My EDC: Springfield XDS
    My sometimes EDC: Colt XSE LW or G26

I've only used one, Pistol Wear's PT-ONE. It works well. I used to go running with it, concealing either a Ruger LCR or LCP. I once put a Ruger SR9c in it, but it's a pretty heavy pistol for a belly band.

My wife hasn't started carrying yet, and what to carry the gun in has been her biggest obstacle. She just can't find anything that she's comfortable with.
    Whome65 likes this.

The one that won't double over.
    Coty and Whome65 like this.
    "Threat assessment and situational awareness seems to be the order of the day.
    Why wouldn't physical and mental preparedness be any less of a consideration?"- dmitchsr

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"
    >>>>ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<<<<

http://3speedholster.com/#oid=1003_1

I carried in this for almost 3 years. Have one for my Ruger SR40C and one for my Glock G19/G26.

I really found this to be the best belly band adaptation for me
    Whome65 and dmitchsr like this.

Concealed carry is a genie which will not get back in the bottle, no matter how hard the antis might try. ~ Mike1956

I have a belly band for my FN 5.7 from WRB Holsters. It also holds 2 spare mags.
    Whome65 likes this.

My wife just recently bought the breathable one from Well Armed Woman. She wore it Monday and Tuesday while we were in St.Louis and commented how much she liked it and wish she had bought one sooner.
    Whome65, Kennydale and NONAME762 like this.

The one I have is a Galco Underwraps. Seems to do the job nicely.

https://www.galcogunleather.com/unde..._393_1326.html
    "...there is no arguing with such snivelling puppies, who allow superiors to kick them about deck at pleasure."

– Captain Bellamy

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    The one I have is a Galco Underwraps. Seems to do the job nicely.

https://www.galcogunleather.com/unde..._393_1326.html
    I like that one because it actually covers the trigger with something more solid than an elastic bandage.
    Never trust a person who doesn't love coffee, dogs, and rare steak. ~ Gimme's Life Rule #1

Distinguished Member
    You can get a Bulldog for $10. It works and is 6" wide. Uncomfortable. I have a Desantis, which is 4" and thicker material than the Bulldog. 2 gun pockets and 2 accessory pockets. $35. There's also the Can-Can, a fitted band with multiple pockets, made for women. There's the Pistol Wear, Thunder Wear, 3 Speed. Lots of options.

Edit: There's also the Crossbreed, which part of a modular system and Lethal Lace.
    Coty and Whome65 like this.
    I know little on the subject so I'll speak at length.

If you have an excuse for failure, you will.

I can see the Smokey Mts from my front porch ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric357 View Post
    My wife just recently bought the breathable one from Well Armed Woman. She wore it Monday and Tuesday while we were in St.Louis and commented how much she liked it and wish she had bought one sooner.
    I like that one, but I'm still looking around because I want one I can run while wearing. I'm not sure about that one.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk
    Eric357 likes this.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principal , stand like a rock."
    ~Thomas Jefferson

Smart Carry
    Whome65 likes this.
    "Lets Be Careful Out There!"

Ron

Bianchi

Quote Originally Posted by Gimme_Coffee View Post
    I like that one because it actually covers the trigger with something more solid than an elastic bandage.
    ^^^ The Galco is the closest thing to the original and best Bianchi you will find. There is ONE on Gunbroker 28" - 34" if that will fit. bianchi bellyband For Sale ? Buy bianchi bellyband Online at GunBroker.com No comparison to the all elastic johnny-come-lately made-to-sell stuff.
    Whome65, Eric357 and marcclarke like this.

Perfect timing, Whome! I've been looking for just the right running/jogging holster.

Thanks for starting this thread, as is often the case with this forum, I'm learning quite a bit from our experienced members.
    Coty, Whome65 and NONAME762 like this.
    Armed And Harmless
    ----
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    - - Sir Winston Churchill, 1941

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links