So what should I get to carry an H&K P7M8?

This is a discussion on So what should I get to carry an H&K P7M8? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Not that I have money left or anything--I couldn't resist that "last 500" come-on on the Bud's website! But after I spend all next week ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Not that I have money left or anything--I couldn't resist that "last 500" come-on on the Bud's website! But after I spend all next week collecting tin cans on the side on the road, I just might be able to pay my taxes and get a new holster. Something with snaps rather than belt slots for quick on and off, either IWB or OWB? Thanks, from a lost soul.

kpw
    I'd look to Matt DelFatti for a P7. Lightning Arms has a lot of photos with his gear with P7s in them. It looks like he really understands what it takes to carry these pistols well. That and the fact he makes some of the best looking leather would make it worth a look. Get a bib on before you look though to catch the drool.

Gripmaster, 7-lb adjustable.

Seriously, a fine gun deserves the best holster you can find. Whatever works well. IWB, OWB to match your mode of carry and clothing. I'd think: strong-side IWB with cant, one that holds it tightly into the body. But that's just me.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Try Del Fatti

Matt Del Fatti published this photo of his work the other day here. It shows the H&K "squeeze cocker" in his holster:

kpw
    See what I mean?

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    I dont think you should carry it at all. I think you should immediatly go to your local UPS store and ship that offensive firearm directly to my address. Shame on you for having and wanting to carry the only H&K pistol that I respect.

Oh if you decide to carry that weapon, against the earlier advice, then definitally check out Mat Del Fatti and his ITP holster specifically for the P7 series of pistols.
    http://www.delfatti.com/photos/photos/103.JPG
    http://www.delfatti.com/photos/photos/104.JPG

I know a former Capitol Police officer who swears by the pistol and the holster shown. Its a little different than the one shown above and is cut and made just for the specifics of the P7 pistols.

That said, I still think you need to ship it to me and I'll save you the money and buy the Del Fatti for you.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kpw View Post
    I'd look to Matt DelFatti for a P7. Lightning Arms has a lot of photos with his gear with P7s in them. It looks like he really understands what it takes to carry these pistols well. That and the fact he makes some of the best looking leather would make it worth a look. Get a bib on before you look though to catch the drool.
    +1 on lightning Arms - they carry DelFatti for P7s in stock

Thanks guys. I'm gonna call Lightning Arms for DelFatti holsters on Monday. As a lefty, I was encouraged to read on their website that they stock some LH. Anyhow, I pick-up the P7 later today. I'm pretty jazzed about it.

Oh, and Fed: I appreciate your willingness to help, but somehow it reminds me of that scene in _Stripes_ where Ox is showing (character name escapes me) how to play poker.

Another possibility - FIST

Gunner's Alley, a holster distributor in North Carolina that handles the FIST brand of holsters as well as others, currently is showing an interesting pancake holster with open bottom for a H&K P7, priced at $47.

Gunners Alley website

P7's are perfect for inside-the-waistband [IWB] carry since they are so flat.

If you don't care about really expensive gorgeous leather like del fatti or milt sparks, the Comp-Tac C.T.A.C is very thin kydex that works nicely.

http://www.comp-tac.com/ct_ctac.html
    Go Glock - until you can afford H&K

See Holster Sources...Above...

Check our Fist, Inc...

Great holsters...but...there are some GREAT holster makers...scratch that...holster 'artists' on this forum...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

kpw
    I know a few guys that carry P7s. From what I gather from them, you have to be a little more careful in selecting a holster for it. They are a bit butt heavy and combined with a short muzzle design will tend to flop out away from the body if it doesn't sit deep enough and have enough support. I don't know this first hand, I've never carried one, so take it for what it's worth. I might ask some makers about this and get their opinions.

VIP Member
    Del Fatti is the de facto favorite leathersmith on Park City Tactical's P7 Cult....and rightfully so.

However I love my COM 3 holster made for my "PSP" by Eric Larsen. Note, it is actually made for an P7M8:

USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Well...Matt makes excellent P7 holsters....some of the most gorgeous you'll find.

Just look around and see what you like in the way of leather for the HK. Be picky....very picky! HK P7 leather can be a trick to make a holster that works like they should. You need alot of meat below the muzzle to counter the top heaviness of the gun, take the holster up as high as you can to keep it stable without getting in the way of presentation and bla bla bla.

BTW...the FIST is nice too! Great color and detail work.

Shoot well and god bless
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

Del Fatti ISP-LP w/ mag pouch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links