Best concealed carry holsters for Glock 19

This is a discussion on Best concealed carry holsters for Glock 19 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know nothing about what makes a good concealed carry holster other then whats comfortable. I am looking for the following: 1. Quality 2.Concealability 3. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Best concealed carry holsters for Glock 19

Best concealed carry holsters for Glock 19

I know nothing about what makes a good concealed carry holster other then whats comfortable. I am looking for the following:

1. Quality

2.Concealability

3. Comfort

4. Quick draw

I have had an Aker Leather Shoulder holster when I owned a S & W 5906 9mm.

What are the down sides to shoulder holsters? I thought it was comfortable.

I am concerend about carrying my Glock 19 with one in the pipe but I believe its the right way to carry. Am I stressing about nothing?

What do you all think? Thanks for your time and info.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

I use a Galco SCT224 in side the waist band.for my G19. this holster is actualy for the 17 but it fits good and draws easy. I'm 5'11" and weigh 200 pounds and it fits good
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Inside the waist holster made of Kydex, a plastic like material is my preferred for my 19. It meets all your requirements and also stays snug in side if you are active. This is the one I use, it is a bit more function. Link:
    http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/k1/K7.htm

Or get this one for just excellent price and simplicity. Link:
    http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/k1/K6.htm

It takes a few weeks to get they make them to order, but i'm tellin' yah it's worth the wait. As far as one in the pipe, this holster covers your trigger, so it is good. Shoulder holster I have not tried. Hope this helps you out.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "The best compliment to the Warrior is that others feel safe while you are around." I would add especially if they REALLY ARE safe when you are around.

I Prefer Leather Over Kydex...

My kydex holsters and thin and light, but now as forgiving when next to the body as leather...

My dozens of holsters are primarily Fist...some kydex...most leather...

The leather seems to be more comfortable and less cutting into the skin for IWB...maybe it's just me...

Kydex is great for a thin pocket carry, but leather when next to the body...

OMO

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

kpw
    The most important thing is a good belt. Even a great holster can't do it's job well on a poor belt. Your best bet is to contact one of the makers that post around this forum frequently and describe your style of dress and what you can use for cover garment. The last month or so, I've been carrying my G19 in an OWB from Nate at UBG holsters. It rides very high and is very comfortable. I also ordered a belt and mag pouch. For an all around carry rig, it's hard to beat. Nate is fast, very reasonably priced and excellent quality. There is also a bunch of other makers here that make fantastic leather and it would be hard to go wrong with any of them. I have a shoulder rig and kydex as well. Almost everything gets used at some point but you will have your favorites. In the end, you'll end up with a number of holsters. Some you will use and some you won't but finding one for every situation is difficult for me. Hope that helps a little and don't worry about chambering a round. Keep your head on straight and carry in a good holster and your good to go.

Here is a pic of my EDC rig.
    Attached Images
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Glock 19 if you can wear a shirt untucked, I go hands down with my Milt Sparks SS2 or my Mitch Rosen ARG. They are very comfortable and concealable with great grip presentation. I have heard tons of great words for Gary Broomland, Mat Del Fatti and Eric Larsen but do not own one of their rigs (yet one is on order) so I cant speak for them.

Shoulder Holsters.....To me these are a special use holster. They work great when your seated and need to draw or in the winter when you zip up a coat. In shoulder rigs I use Galco or Sam Andrews. Also I find that shoulder rigs are less comfortable than in the pants or on the belt holsters.

One in the pipe.....always. This has been recently talked about on here (dont remember the thread) but I dont carry any of my weapons on an empty chamber and as of yet have never suffered a AD outside of a 2nd shot cooked off while test firing a friends 1911 with a .5# trigger (that was WAYYYYYYYY to light for me), and never with a Glock (knock on wood).

In kydex....I am a loyal used of BladeTech, with the exception of the new Blackhawk SPERA holsters (which I love). I have nothing but high praise for both. COMPTAC has a good reputation in the Texas IDPA circles and most of the folks I shoot against use them (the company is out of Houston and these folks are loyal...very loyal).

Good luck the gun is a very nice weapon and I have had my Gen 1 for over 10 years with alot of rounds through it.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Well in all honestly, any and all makers on this site could make you a plethora of leather that would do your G19 a world of good. Look at styles and features you want and go from there.

Shoot well and god bless
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

VIP Member
    I'm a Milt Sparks fan and use the VersaMax-II for all my CCW's.

This is my G-23... same size as your G-19.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    +1 Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    I'm a Milt Sparks fan and use the VersaMax-II for all my CCW's.

This is my G-23... same size as your G-19.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

At 5'8'' and 145lbs. my G23 isn't the easiest of my collection to conceal but the Rosen ARG works well. The extra cant of the ARG and the stiffness of the Rosen 1 1/4' belt help a lot.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I vote Galco

You really cant go wrong with anything made by Galco they last a long times and fit most body types well.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    galco works the best
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

I can't remember the brand of mine:( but it's leather iwb I carry by my kidney and you can't even tell it's there

Chad
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. – Gen James Mattis USMC

Woolfe Gunleather on my G19

gatorbait51 likes this.

GALCO as already mentioned and High Noon Holsters, Gun Holsters and Concealment Holsters. Go to the HN site for more info than you'll ever want on holsters, fitment of such, belts and just about everything in cost from $20+ to 'spensive!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links