Sports holster

Sports holster

This is a discussion on Sports holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You guys can think I'm paranoid or crazy or whatever. But you don't know the neighborhood I live in or the lowlifes in my apartment ...

Thread: Sports holster

Sports holster

You guys can think I'm paranoid or crazy or whatever. But you don't know the neighborhood I live in or the lowlifes in my apartment complex.

What's the best holster to wear while jogging. During the winter I used the tread mill in the apartment gym and it was easy enough to carry it with the towel and just put it in one of the cups on the panel. Now that it's warming up, I'd like to move outside for a change of scenary. Staring at a wall while running gets old pretty quick. But I don't want to chance this 'hood without some sort of protection.

So, my question. Is there some sort of "sports" holter/belt/something out there?

thanks in advance.

kpw
    What are you carrying?

Fanny packs are a pretty popular choice for jogging holsters. It does depend a bit on what you're carrying, but that would be both accessible and not very conspicuous when you're out exercising.

kpw
    I use a fanny pack when I'm biking. The only time it doesn't look too goofy on me.

kpw, I'm usually carrying a full size 1911 in .45.

Hadn't even thought of a fanny pack. But what's to keep it flopping around really bad?

kpw
    I usually carry a G19 but if I'm wearing a fanny pack on my bike, It's with a S&W 442. You need to find one that is tight fitting where the strap pulls the whole bag into your body. The generic packs are more like a bag on a rope and would definately flop around when you run. I like the DeSantis Gunny Sack. I'm not sure how it would work with a 5" 1911 though. Hope that helps a little.

I wear a belly band under my jogging suit. It doesn't slap around like a fanny pack does. But I don't think you'd be able to fit a full size 1911 in there without some issues. I'd say get yourself an airweight J-frame, or something else compact and light to jog with.

Quote Originally Posted by aepilotjim View Post
    kpw, I'm usually carrying a full size 1911 in .45.

Hadn't even thought of a fanny pack. But what's to keep it flopping around really bad?
    Look for a fanny pack with side sinch straps that will collaps the side to take the extra material out. I have an Eddie Bauer fanny pack that works great for my full size gun.

With a smaller gun then the 1911 you could go Smartcarry.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

I also use a fanny pack for running. I have found that pulling the pack compartment around to the side helps reduce flopping.

I have been looking for a holster for the very same reason. I read many posts from fed wif a sig advocating the undercover comfort shirt holster. Looks like a nice system incorporating a compression shirt. Only problem is that now that I have finally made a decision and am ready to buy, their website appears to be down. www.undercovercomfort.com Maybe someone around here can tell us what is up with that.

Links