Kydex Holsters

This is a discussion on Kydex Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi everyone. I have posted on here a little bit. I need some help in finding a holster. I would like to get a Kydex ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kydex Holsters

Kydex Holsters

Hi everyone. I have posted on here a little bit. I need some help in finding a holster. I would like to get a Kydex tension adjusting OWB holster for range practice. I am right handed and I have a Taurus Mil Pro PT-111 9mm. Also some OWB mag holsters for the same as above. Thank you in advance. Jeff.
    Always Pack and Keep Your Groups Tight.

2. Remove Ads

Fobus holsters work well. I do not currently use a Fobus myself, but I have used them before. Sometimes you have to adjust them a wee bit with a blow-dryer, but most of them time they work great right out of the box. My cousin has one for his Ruger 9mm and the holster fits perfectly.

Have you looked here? http://www.comp-tac.com/
    Great people with great service and a great product! Here are some pictures of my holster from them. It is IWB, but will show you some of their work.

Ron

Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

JT
    For Kydex, I use to like Sidearmor...

http://www.sidearmor.com/

but then I became more of a fan of Blade Tech...

http://www.blade-tech.com/home.php
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

+1 for Comp-Tac. I just got a paddle holster from them and love it. I have 2 IWBs from them as well. Fast and friendly service.

My "Plastic" guns are the only ones that get a "Plastic" holster. In "Plastic" I use CompTac.

Great product and great people. I have only talked to Them on the phone, but they answered my questions and gave really great customer service, which is rare in today's "Convieniance Store" world.

Biker

VIP Member
    Be wary of Fobus - they have a less-than-stellar reputation in many circles. A broken holster on the range might only equal a bad score and some embarassment, but in a real encounter it might cost you much more than the 20 bucks you originally spent...

Of course, some people swear by their Fobus, and YMMV.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

JT
    I use Fobus magazine holders, but steer clear of their holsters. They are cheaper for a reason, IMHO.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I tried a Fobus on my 1911 yesterday, and was less than pleased. Now perhaps their Roto- line would be a better fit, but I wasn't crazy about the sloppiness (the pistol actually rattled around in the holster).
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out." British Prime Minister Tony Blair

I use the Blackhawk kydex. It is very comfortable, inexpensive (notice I didn't say cheap), well made, and comes with both belt loops and a paddle. It is fully adjustable to any cant, including cross draw. I am very impressed with mine.
    "To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace" George Washington

VIP Member
    normal - Are you talking about the Blackhawk Serpa? I'm considering getting one for myself... The only complaint I've heard so far is that if the retention device malfunctions and doesn't release when you push the button/lever that is designed to release it (a very rare but not unheard of occurance), then it becomes nearly impossibly to get your weapon out...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

OPFOR.
    I got mine without the SERPA feature. It is the same holster, but without the finger button. I figure that the tensioning device is enough to keep the pistol in the holster and since it will be concealed, keeping a bad guy from taking it from me is a very slim possibility. I also don't use concealed holsters with thumb straps for that same reason. The screw adjustment tightens down to keep the pistol secure, but the pistol will come out very quickly when drawn. I figure that since it is concealed, I could use a little extra speed drawing to make up for the time lost getting around my clothes.
    "To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace" George Washington

VIP Member
    OK, thanks for the clarification. I use non-retention device holsters whenever I've carrying concealed, but have become interested in the Serpa as a possible "retention" holster for EDC.

Kydex or (Leather)...

See: 'Holster Sources' above...look under Fist, Inc...I have several...fine holsters!

OMO

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Best (IMO) kydex holsters have been and still are Blade Tec. With that said, Comp-Tac has a very good reputation. I do like the Blackhawk SERPA and their kydex without SERPA.

As far as the SERPA retention feature, it is the fastest retention feature I have ever used, like it isnt even there. I will have one of their new tactical ones for weapon with lights once they are released.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links