Opinions on two holster considerations

This is a discussion on Opinions on two holster considerations within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking to purchase a IWB tuckable holster for my XD40sc. After reading many, Many, MANY posts on this forum and others I have ...

Thread: Opinions on two holster considerations

Opinions on two holster considerations

I am looking to purchase a IWB tuckable holster for my XD40sc. After reading many, Many, MANY posts on this forum and others I have narrowed my list down to two options - the High Noon "Split Decision" and the DeSantis "Tuck This". I would like opinions on these two holsters, especially in regards to comfort and ease of use. Also, if anyone would have any other tuckable holsters in the $40 dollars and below range, I would appreciate those suggestions as well. I realize there are many other quality holsters in this category at varying price ranges, however, the limited amount of time and frequency of use as a secondary holster do not allow me qualify this as a dire expenditure at this time. That, and the fact that my wife recently gave birth to our first son (9 lbs 7 oz) who really LIKES to eat, and then frequently discharge the remnants of his meal means there are other expenses that take priority - like diapers.
    Thanks in advance for your input.

BJC

2. Remove Ads

I just purchased a "Tuck This" for my PPK and though I haven't worn it yet throughout an entire outing, I am not a fan. The tuckable clip is what I can only describe as "funky". It attaches at the rear of the holster which creates a fulcrum while wearing the holster. The entire holster kept wanting to swivel while I was wearing it pushing the firearm further and further below my belt line. Also, I think the folks on the Hight Noon site make some valid arguments against the J-Hook attachment. Had I seen the High Noon holsters before ordering the DeSantis, I'd have gone for the High Noon.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    Owned both and of the two go with the High Noon, the Nemesis is junk. You get what you pay for when it comes to gunleather.

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    I'd go with the high noon. I don't have one & I don't have the Desantis Tuck-this, either.

I do have & have used a Desantis Stealth, which is basically the tuck-this with a non-tuckable, non-adjustable metal clip. The problem with it is it's nylon, & I don't find it very comfortable if I'm using it over about 3-4 hrs. You can't reholster single handedly with it either, because of the nylon & it doesn't hold the gun snugly, although it's never fallen out on me, either.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

I have a split decision and I like it. HNH has the best clip in the business.

Let us know what you choose.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

i don't have a split decision, but i've got tuck-this holsters for all my carry guns and i think they're great. the guns don't move around, and if i'm carrying my Kahr or Bersa i can easily conceal with a shirt tucked in. it seems to be a love it or hate it holster. i happen to love it.

Lead Moderator
    I am selling the Tuck This holster I own. A few find it o.k. , but most of us here do not.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Links