Fitment of Kahr PM9 into.....

This is a discussion on Fitment of Kahr PM9 into..... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have previously read somewhere that the PM9 will work in a Walther PPK/S holster. Is that correct? And if so, is it an exact ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fitment of Kahr PM9 into.....

Fitment of Kahr PM9 into.....

I have previously read somewhere that the PM9 will work in a Walther PPK/S holster.

Is that correct? And if so, is it an exact fit?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    as a pm9 owner look for a 1911 holster not a walther . I dont reccomend mix and match but if your going to that is a hint .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    as a pm9 owner look for a 1911 holster not a walther . I dont reccomend mix and match but if your going to that is a hint .
    Not really trying to mix and match, but if it is an exact fit, then its ok. Problem I am having is that VERY few reasonable custom guys have specific PM9 holster.

I am specifically looking at OWB hi-ride, minimal sized.

What make/model 1911? A standard Colt type doesn't seem to be right pictured in my head, it would be taller and narrower, no?

Jh

Not wanting to be a troll or to belabor a point but almost any of " our " custom holster makers can make that . its a p9 shortened , and most if not all our holster makers who post here can make an exact holster for you .

If you dont find thier rates reasonable then you are back to mix and match , and for the kahr p series the over the counter 1911 holsters will work . as will the made for kahr over the counter . So basicly what i am saying is if you want what you want , then contact one of our custom leather smiths and pay for thier time . if you are willing to get by then look at what 1911 holsters you can find and go from there . Its all up to you and your needs/finances.
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .

Thanks.

It is a matter of not wanting to spend $75+ for a nice custom for a tiny little gun holster at this point. I don't mind spending for a Sig or a Kimber, etc. but this thing is just a little toy sized gun

Definitely not trying to be a jerk, just a little thrifty
    Last edited by srfl; April 15th, 2007 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Language

LOL i could understand your point if it were a plinker , but its a bet your butt gun .

VIP Member
    I carry a Kahr CW40, which is the same size as a PM9; I ordered a very nice Don Hume holster from Gunners Alley for less than $40. I suggest you give them a try as they do carry other holsters that will fit.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    I carry a Kahr CW40, which is the same size as a PM9; I ordered a very nice Don Hume holster from Gunners Alley for less than $40. I suggest you give them a try as they do carry other holsters that will fit.
    Thanks, that's what I'm talkin' about.

Quote Originally Posted by jh225 View Post
    I don't mind spending for a Sig or a Kimber, etc. but this thing is just a little toy sized gun
    It's a $650 weapon with live bullets. It deserves to remain in a holster until needed, as with any firearm. There are plenty of custom holsters for less than $75, by the way. Take a look at Fist, for one; or, K&D, for another excellent chocie.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

You should also look at the Don Hume J.I.T holster.

me
    Quote Originally Posted by jh225 View Post
    Thanks.

It is a matter of not wanting to spend $75+ for a nice custom for a tiny little gun holster at this point. I don't mind spending for a Sig or a Kimber, etc. but this thing is just a little toy sized gun

Definitely not trying to be an ass, just a little thrifty
    Nate is running a 3-5 week delivery according to his webpage and his holster which he does make for the Kahr PM only run $60. Check him out on this site or his, his work is great, I am currently waiting on my Mag pouch from him and i would not recommend anyone I would not buy from.WEB PAGE
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Kahr

Couldn't find an IWB in left-hand locally, so I went with Fist holsters. Great for my sometimes CCW Kahr MK40. I came in under your budget with an IWB and mag pouch, I'll bet.

To answer your original question:
    I have previously read somewhere that the PM9 will work in a Walther PPK/S holster.

Is that correct? And if so, is it an exact fit?
    I have a PPK (not the PPK/S) but I believe the only difference between the PPK & the PPK/S is in the grip and that for those two guns, most holsters are the same. With that said, I have 5 holsters for my PPK:

DeSantis Leather Thumb Break Scabbard
    DeSantis Tuck-This Nylon Holster
    DeSantis Nemisis Nylon Holster
    Don Hume Leather Pocket Holster
    El Paso Saddlery Leather Street Combat Holster

The ONLY one that I can cram my PM9 into is the Tuck-This holster and it causes the holster to bulge out considerably. It will fit into NONE of the leather holsters. If you want an open top holster (no thumb break) I would suggest you take a look at the El Paso Saddlery Street Combat. As said above, I have one of these for my PPK and just got one for my PM9. They are suede lined so hang on to the gun nicely without damaging the finish. The MSRP on them is $60.00 but I purchased mine from Cheaper Than Dirt for $49.95 + shipping. If you prefer an IWB, you might look at the Bianchi Model 100 Professional for the PM9. As the link shows, Midway carries that one for $41.99. (I have one of these ordered for my PM9)

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

I purchased a good one at Comp-tac.com. Fitted to the Kahr PM9.
    Gun control means using two hands.
    ParaOrd LDA Carry .45, Colt .45 1911, Taurus PT140 Mil Pro, Taurus PT145 Mil Pro, KAHR PM9,Bond Arms 410/45LC.
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Nevada & Utah Certified CCW Instructor

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    As has been mentioned, Nate at UBG hoslters can & does make holsters, including a neat pocket holster, for the PM9.

I liked what he did so much, I bought an IWB Nassar for my Taurus Mil Pro PT145 too.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links