New Turnaround Time Quote Policy

This is a discussion on New Turnaround Time Quote Policy within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; With me still working full-time as a police officer, and orders continually growing, it has become increasing difficult for me to quote an accurate anticipated ...

With me still working full-time as a police officer, and orders continually growing, it has become increasing difficult for me to quote an accurate anticipated delivery time. Due to the fact that the only complaints I have ever had regarding my business are when I go beyond the quoted delivery date, I have implemented a new policy on quoting turn-around times. That being - on any future orders I will no longer give an anticiptaed delivery date. You may have your order in two weeks, two months; or eleven months, two weeks, and two days. My only pomise is you will have it sometime within a year of ordering. I have been testing the waters with this arrangement for the past six weeks. It has not turned away a single customer that has inquired about ordering, so I do not see it hurting business in any way. (And if it does, then my out-put and delivery will increase to the point where I get caught up and maybe I can then quote an accurate date once again). I figure if I do not quote a date up-front, I cannot be labeled as "dishonest" or "making excuses" when not meeting it.

I will continue my usual policy of accepting no payment up front, and not even asking for a credit card number until i contact the customer to tell them their order is completed and ready to ship.
    "He who makes things with his hands is a laborer, he who makes things with his hands and his head is a craftsman, he who makes things with his hands, his head, and his heart is an artist."
    www.garritysgunleather.com

VIP Member
    Sounds reasonable, Mark. If you don't know, you just don't know. Some may be dismayed at the lack of a delivery date prediction, but it would be less than a late shipment. Good luck.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

I can honestly say it's good to be told the truth about an unknown waiting period. I'd rather know up front than be "strung along". Plus we know you can't rush a darn good product. I can't be happier with my last order, and am planning to order again soon. If there's a longer wait for something I'll use for quit a few years, or get the next day and it'll fall apart next month, I know where my money's heading. Keep up the great work.
    "Fear is nothing more than an emotional response to the perception of danger coupled with the belief that I can't handle it."
    "If you change that belief to 'I can handle it', you'll no longer experience FEAR. You'll simply see what you are facing is a challenge... an opportunity to test yourself.

If no one likes it i guess they can go else where works for me

I want to commend you on your directness in this matter.

I suppose you could provide a raw count of how many are 'ahead' of a particular customer, but refrain from making any guesses.

But I don't think your way is out of line, either.
    Clint
    Kansas - The original Old West
    Open Skies - Long Vistas

Mark,

I was in no way unhappy with the time you quoted me or how long it will take to receive my holster and belt.

When I posted about where you were it was because I was wanting to get a price from you. I know that things, especially good things, take time. I am willing to wait for quality. I do not see going beyond the "projected" date as dishonest, things happen that are beyond your control.

Take care and stay safe. Also, take some time for yourself and don't let the orders consume you to where you don't spend quality time with your family and friends.

Biker

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Mark....ever thought of a mobile workstation you could use on court days? LOL. I can see you in the parking lot in the back of a van pounding (or however it is you masters mold leather) on a piece of cow hide to make a holster and a ADA running up to your van saying its your time to testify, LOL. Dang that would make for a good tv episode.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Assistant Administrator
    Best to be up front - and if as is still gonna be the case folks want the goods, they will wait

Honesty works best.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fed_wif_a_sig View Post
    Mark....ever thought of a mobile workstation you could use on court days? LOL. I can see you in the parking lot in the back of a van pounding (or however it is you masters mold leather) on a piece of cow hide to make a holster and a ADA running up to your van saying its your time to testify, LOL. Dang that would make for a good tv episode.
    I can see it now. The ADA knocks on the van, just as he's pouring dye. He splatters it allll over himself. Now he looks like a Zebra!!! I know that would be my luck, for sure.

Nate
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

VIP Member
    It drives me insane that people would give you a hard time about being late with the holster. You are a well known and respected person, so they knew the holster would come. I've been waiting on one holster for over 14 months at this point- but I know that maker will deliver sooner or later, just as I know you would.

That said, if I were to order I would drive you nuts begging for a guess. I wouldn't really care if you happened to miss the day, but it would be nice to have a ball park idea- or even a national park idea.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    I still think that Matt DelFatti has the best answer. He posts the month of orders he is working on. He is now building orders from May 2005. You may not be willing to wait so long, but at least you know what his backlog is.
    http://www.delfatti.com/Currently-building.html

Best,
    Jerry

Links