Garrity In-Cognito Deluxe vs. Sparks VM2

This is a discussion on Garrity In-Cognito Deluxe vs. Sparks VM2 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was just wondering what users thought about the differences between the Garrity In-Cognito Deluxe as compared to the Milt Sparks VM2. Fit and comfort ...

Thread: Garrity In-Cognito Deluxe vs. Sparks VM2

Garrity In-Cognito Deluxe vs. Sparks VM2

I was just wondering what users thought about the differences between the Garrity In-Cognito Deluxe as compared to the Milt Sparks VM2.

Fit and comfort ? Thickness ? Other notable differences ?

I notice far more details and extra stitching in the Garrity model. Anyone tried the Sparks kydex clips on the Garrity version ?

2. Remove Ads

I have the garrity in-cognito deluxe (H&K P2000) and absolutely love it. Thought about the VM2 due to recommendations, but ordered the in-cognito deluxe. I couldn't be happier.

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    I have both and to me the only difference is the suede backing that Matt uses. They are both excellent examples of that style (VMII) IWB holsters.

VIP Member
    I'm a big VM-II fan and have several but I just ordered one of Mark's In-Cognito holsters because it looks so darn good!

I'll report back in 5 months!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

FWIW, I'd highly recommend the IN-Cognito.

Well, if it matters, I just ordered an In-Cognito Deluxe from him and turned down a brand new VM2 that I could have had immediately.

I ordered the Deluxe version, but I am torn over the idea. I really love the look of the plain, boned leather. It's just beautiful. The backing and kydex cover up a lot of this work, but I am hoping the functionality of these options will outweigh it.

I have them both for a 5" 1911 and can honestly say I would never sell either one of them. Get them both and spend the next year deciding which one you like .

For clarification, I have the regular In-Cognito in cowhide trimmed with stingray across the top. It's not the deluxe so I can't comment on the suede or kydex. The VM-II stays open a bit more when the gun is drawn, but a one handed reholster is equally doable with either one of them. They ride about the same on the belt, I haven't noticed a big difference. The belt loops on the In-C rotate on the snaps and the VM-II's loops don't. The In_C covers more of the gun above the belt than the VM-II. There are some other differences but none of them make one better than the other to me. Here's a picture of them both on a belt so you can see how they ride. Left to right is the Alessi PCW, In-Cognito, and VM-II. Good luck, you can't go wrong with either one of them.

Links