Paddle Holsters

Paddle Holsters

This is a discussion on Paddle Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would like to use a paddle holster with my 1911 pistol. I have tried the Bladetech kydex paddle holster, but it doesn't ride very ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paddle Holsters

Paddle Holsters

I would like to use a paddle holster with my 1911 pistol. I have tried the Bladetech kydex paddle holster, but it doesn't ride very close to the body, particularly the front edge. Has anyone had any experience with a paddle holster that rides close to the body?

Most paddle holsters offer easy/on & off, but the trade off is they don't ride close to the body, at least those that I've used or seen. I no longer use one for concealed carry.

My experience with Fobus was unsatisfactory.
    Last edited by sass20485; April 19th, 2007 at 09:56 PM.

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    I'm not sure there are any. Because of the paddle attachment, they stick out farther than a belt holster.

However, Tex Shoemaker & Son holsters, www.texshoemaker.com does have a simple paddle holster that's the closest fitting that I've seen. The paddle part's just a long flap of leather & it has a leather belt loop that snaps onto your belt. They have thumb-breaks, though & they're not cheap. It is comfortable though, I've carried a Sig 226 & a Glock 21 in them.

I do know that their leather guy's been with them for over 15 yrs. I used to "test" their stuff years ago along with another LE friend of mine.

I bought a Blackhawk mag holder the other day & was looking at their stuff. Their combo holster was interesting. It's a belt holster with a paddle attachment, made out of some form of polymere (Plastic?).
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

kpw
    http://www.jsholsters.com/ The site seems to be down at the moment but ther paddle is designed to ride close to the body.

I find that my Fobus paddle holsters ( not the roto ones) ride very close to my body, as long as I am wearing a good sturdy gun belt. It keeps my G23 as close as my High Noon belt holster.
    Nick.

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    My Comp Tac Paddles ride close, but no closer than my Fobus.

You will get "Fobus is junk", but I have used them for about 10 years without problems.
    I might add that I have holsters from Sparks, Brommeland, and some other good makers so it is not a matter of money. I use the Fobus because I like it.

Yes the Comp Tac is a better holster. Paddle holsters are very convenient, but you need a low ride rather than a high ride. There is a world of difference in how close to the body they ride.

Jerry

trafengr, you also might look at the bottom of this page.
    http://kdholsters.com/basefile/owb-defend.html

Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

I currently carry my 40 S&W using a Paddle Holster, I Like it, It's comfortable for me. The thing with Kydex, ytou have to jerk the gun out of the holster quick draw in order to get it out.

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    I have to say that the Safariland 5181 was issued to me and as butt heavy as a Sig 229 is this rig concealed and carries very well. It is the only paddle holster that I have used that I'd recommend to anyone.

In fact I still use the rig for IDPA and steel shooting.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

I've used a Fobus paddle for my Glock 22 and have had good luck with it. By far though, the best paddle I've seen is the Kramer MSP.
    The keys to winning a gunfight are first to bring a gun and secondly to take your time, quickly.

Always remember that if your opponent is within range, so are you.

POWER TO THE MEPEOPLE!!!

Galco paddle M5X

I have a fobus original type Paddle. It does ride close to the body.My problem with it was that it was so tight on my Glock 27 that I could not draw it properly (old shoulder injury) I fixed it, (the holster not the shoulder). Some time ago I purchased a Galco M5X thermoplastic, it has retention screws- they work great & the holster looks good - leather like & it rides close with a decent gun belt (UBG). I don't use it for every day carry only when my travels take me where I need a fast removal.
    Attached Images
    LIVE FREE OR DIE

I've used Fobus and Comp-Tac, but now carry occasionally with the finest paddle holster on the market in my opinion, the Kramer MSP Paddle. It is comfortable, secure and conceals well. Leather, not cheap, but the best.

The other item is from Simply Rugged, their Most Versatile Ammo Pouch for a speed strip.

"It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

I'm glad to see another Kramer MSP fan...finally.
    The keys to winning a gunfight are first to bring a gun and secondly to take your time, quickly.

Always remember that if your opponent is within range, so are you.

POWER TO THE MEPEOPLE!!!

VIP Member
    I have three Kramer MSPs on order - I'm very much looking forward to their arrival. Glad to hear the positive reviews!
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

I've had no problems with my Fobus, but I only wear it when I have a jacket or sweatshirt on. I don't think it conceals very well. I know you said you wanted a paddle holster, but honestly I think a leather pancake holster is a much better choice. I hate IWB holsters and wear a pancake most of the time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links