Input on these holsters appreciated

This is a discussion on Input on these holsters appreciated within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The one's I'm considering are: 1) Tucker "Answer" with the V-Clips. Seems to be the best of both worlds between Kydex and leather. And you ...

Thread: Input on these holsters appreciated

Input on these holsters appreciated

The one's I'm considering are:

1) Tucker "Answer" with the V-Clips. Seems to be the best of both worlds between Kydex and leather. And you absolutely cannot argue with their warranty. Lead time stinks though12+ weeks . Pricing for holster, double mag pouch and belt is $284.

2) Broomeland Max Con V. Looks to be an excellent all leather holster. Not sure on lead time. Pricing for holster, double mag pouch and belt is $265.

3) Comp-Tac Infidel or C-TAC. Would really like some feedback on these and why you would choose one over the other.

Is there any advantage to Kydex over leather?
    Kimber Ultra Carry - CT Lasergrips
    Glock 19, 21SF, 29
    KelTec P3AT
    Built M4 Carbine - My Evil Black Rifle

2. Remove Ads

ALL have their merits Mike. Leather is definately more comfortable if your wearing it IWB. BUt what are you using it for? Competion shooting, CC or Open Carry? But nature of the beast is that you will definately wait alot longer for a GOOD Quality custom leather holster than you will for Kydex. I have a Garrity for my Ruger KP944 (OWB) and KD on the way for my SA Micro compact (IWB) a Blade Tec also for my Micro, and a Uncle Mike that fits both. Oh yeah, Galco(IWB) for my wifes Rossi 357. But she just discovered the benifits of my Ruger so I'm thinking that I might have lost it and will have to get another IWB for it for her. Unfortunately we are both right and left handed so we will need multiples for all.
    But most important is TALK to who you buy from, if they are good then they will give you guidance!
    My 0.02
    Alex G.
    S&W M&P .45
    Virginia Beach, Va.
    Senior Chief Petty Officer, RETIRED, USN
    Certified NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Range Officer

I'm waiting on my Max Con, Brommeland is reported to be one of the best. Expect to wait for any top holster crafter to make one for you. All have a backlog of orders, as their goods are HANDMADE not run off a mechanical production line and most are a one man operation. If you want a quality custom holster, but can't afford to wait, buy a mass produced one to use, until your custom one arrives.

Can't help you as to Tucker, no experience with them, as to Kydex or leather, personal choice. I prefer leather, find it more comfortable for an IWB. OWB, I find no real comfort difference.

Hi Mike, I cannot say much about the Tucker "Answer" or the Broomeland Max Con V, as I do not own either. The Max Con V does look very nice.
    I would also suggest that you take a look at http://kdholsters.com/. I have one holster from them and another in a couple of weeks. I have the Cochise Defender being made for me(http://kdholsters.com/basefile/iwb-defend.html ) . Kevin also made custom IWB Defender for me a few months back for my Kel-tec P3AT. Here are a couple pictures of it, just so you can see some of his work. There are many other pictures here on CombatCarry of his fine holsters!!

I also have a Comp-tac Infidel. I have it set up with the Gurkha strut and I really like the holster. Great retention, it is fast and comfortable. Here are a few pics of it.

I hope that helps you a bit.

Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

Sorry guys, I should been more specific in my situation. I will be using this for daily CC only. It will be for my Kimber Ultra Carry and if it turns out that I really like whichever one I purchase, I will probably get one for the Glock 29 as well.

For anyone not familiar with the Tucker "Answer" holster, it is a hybrid. All parts that touch the skin or undershirt is leather. They then install a Kydex holster to actually hold the weapon.

Yes, I understand that a custom leather holster will take longer to manufacture and it will not be the final decision maker for me. I will have my license in approximately 6 weeks though. I would rather not spend too much extra money for a "temporary holster", but that may be my only option.

thanks for the replies so far and please, keep them coming. I really had no idea that you could sink so much money into a carry system, but I'm willing to spend the money to have the best. Ron, I may have to look into that Garrity that you have for the Kel Tec. I will probably be picking one of them up soon for a BUG. Is that a pocket holster for it?
    Kimber Ultra Carry - CT Lasergrips
    Glock 19, 21SF, 29
    KelTec P3AT
    Built M4 Carbine - My Evil Black Rifle

The holster shown with my Kel-tec is the Custom IWB Defender made by K&D Holsters.

Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

Mike, I have a Comp-Tac Infidel in the belt loops setup for my M&P9. As Ron mentioned, the Infidels are comfortable. The only problem I have so far is that the traditional belt loops setup adds extra width do to Comp-Tac's design. This isn't a major problem but it is harder for me to conceal with several polo shirts and button downs. With a cover garmet like a jacket or fleece, no bulging whatsoever. I selected Comp-Tac for something worhtwhile to hold me over until my rig from UBG is made. The Infidel took about 6 business days to get and it only cost $65 total. Definitely worth a look.

Pocket holster I like best for my Keltec is the K Rat by Palehorse (you can find the website on the MEGA list at top of this forum ). Another great IWB is the Mc Daniel II from Andrews Leather, have one for my Kahr K40 and REALLY like it. LOTS of great holster makers can be found on the MEGA list. UBG makes very nice holsters and currently seems to have a shorter wait than most. Nice belts too.

All boils down to personal choice.

Here are a couple of pictures of the K Rat that sass20485 mentioned.

In all honesty, I do like the Infidel, but it was also really only purchased to hold me over until the Cochise Defender from K&D Holsters arrives. While the Infidel is a very nice kydex holster, I am willing to put money on the fact that once the Cochise Defender arrives, the Infidel will be spending a lot of time in the drawer!!

Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

Links