Car Carry

Car Carry

This is a discussion on Car Carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone have any good tips on how to carry "In-transit" so you have quick access while driving in case of car jacking or any other ...

Thread: Car Carry

Car Carry

Anyone have any good tips on how to carry "In-transit" so you have quick access while driving in case of car jacking or any other time where you would need faster access other than reaching around seat belt, shirt, etc. Ive considered getting an "uncle mikes" type holster and modifying it to secure to the seat. Would just appreciate suggestions. Thanks

This would be one option:

www.grassburr.com

i carry two weapons when i travel or am in transit. if i have on long pants, i have a small revolver in an ankle holster, that i pull and put between my seats. i do have split buckets with an armrest that can cover my weapon if needed. a couple of companies also make an under the dash holster now for some smaller weapons... hope this helps.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Man
    This would be one option:

www.grassburr.com
    They looked pretty good until I looked at the picture in their "Office Gallery" of the front door area of their shop. I believe that's a No Firearms sign on the window. They would not get my business.....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

http://www.andrewsleather.com/

Carjacker Crossdraw

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper
    They looked pretty good until I looked at the picture in their "Office Gallery" of the front door area of their shop. I believe that's a No Firearms sign on the window. They would not get my business.....
    Which one?

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye680
    Which one?
    Looks like it to me....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

If that sign is what it is, then they would not get my business either.

I thought the concept/idea they make would work well in a lot of settings. Another option for cmbthgun would be a holster/gun set up under the seat or if there's a pocket in the driver's side door where a holster could be placed/mounted. I've also seen where pople have modified the storage unit that's sometimes found between the front seats.

That is NOT a "Guns Prohibited" sign on the Grassburr shop door. It was a registration form for a local Sporting Clays event put on by --of all things -- the local high school girls drill team. The money raiser earned the girls enough money to buy uniforms for the next year.....and I know because my daughter is on that drill team.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper
    Sorry, I should have been more clear- which sign were you talking about? I'm just not familiar with them.

VIP Member
    You're wanting off-body carry in the vehicle? Fobus makes a vehicle mount for their Roto holster.

image © Fobus holsters
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Red face

I can't get my picture small enough to post, but I bought a small pouch at Wally World in the sporting goods section that is about the size of a good book. I carry my Kimber in it while driving...it will also hold 4 mags in the side zipper section....I mounted it on the center console just beneath the dashboard with velcro...it is easy to reach with my right hand...think it cost me $10.

I have a CZ-52 in an inexpensive vinyl holster under my driver's seat, butt end forward. I use that holster because of its thick padding, I was able to work it under the seat in such a way that it is retained by a combination of the potrusions on the bottom of the seat and potrustions on the floor. Obviously it depends on the design of the specific car and the size of the gun and holster whether this will work for someone else, but in my case it works well. Once it's properly wedged in there, it is invisible (unless you stick your head in the footwell), easy to reach, takes a good yank to get the gun out, while the holster stays, and it doesn't move even during a hard stop.
    "Terrorists don't seem to be too afraid of stern language. But I do notice, that while the fear of death does not seem to deter these people, the fact of BEING dead does significantly decrease their operational effectiveness. "
    - Bill Whittle

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    Betty, I don't want to offend or get personal, but I was curious, is your avitar a picture of you? Sorry, just curious....

Gideon

Links