Spare P3AT mag

This is a discussion on Spare P3AT mag within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Picked up a P3AT and am very happy with it in a Nemesis holster, riding in the back pocket for when I can't wear my ...

Thread: Spare P3AT mag

Spare P3AT mag

Picked up a P3AT and am very happy with it in a Nemesis holster, riding in the back pocket for when I can't wear my regular carry. I'm looking for a way to carry a spare mag.
    I'd rather not just put it in my pocket to get full of lint. Looking to find an OWB pouch with a snap top similar to a knife case that doesn't draw attention to itself, or something that could be carried in a pocket.
    I've seen the holsters that have the spare mag next to the gun, but they look to be too large for my pocket.
    Any ideas?

2. Remove Ads

me
    old leatherman pouch
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

VIP Member
    I would suppose any of the custom holster makers could make a mag holder for your pocket. I would get in touch with Nate at UBG Holsters and tell him what I needed.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Yeah I thought of the leatherman/knife case, but haven't come across any even close to the right size.
    I know a guy who does leather locally who is going to make something, but won't have time for a little while. I'm just surprised that there's nothing (I can find) available off the shelf as this is a very popular gun. Maybe most people don't carry spare mags for it.

Senior Member Array ElMonoDelMar's Avatar
    My guess is that most people either carry this for a backup gun, and probably don't carry spare mags for their backup, or they use it as a mouse gun where having a magazine on your hip would defeat the purpose of deep concealment.

KD Holsters has a pocket mag pouch. I use it for my Keltec.

Is it a backup gun or your primary? If its your primary you really should have a spare mag - and practice drills using it. If its a backup gun, good on you for wanting to carry an extra magazine, and I sure hope you never need to use it! I would consider ankle carry for an extra mag for a BUG - you'll probably be on the ground or hiding behind something at that point anyways - and it would be out of the way and easily concealable.

See Holster Sources (above)...

Hedley Holsters will make a leather mag holder for your KT...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Thanks for the info guys. I like the look of the Hedley a little better, but he requires you buy a holster for it, and isn't accepting new orders anyway. The KD should get the job done nicely.
    I'm a machinist and wear a shop apron at work. So it's pretty tricky to wear anything on the belt and not have it print. Quite a bit more in the warmer season with just a t-shirt. So the Kel Tec in a back pocket is a good compromise for me. Of course when I come home the first thing I do it put my Sig on, but a .380 sure beats nothing.
    aus, I always carry a spare mag or reload, good for peace of mind.

I have thought about the same thing with my P3AT. Then I got to thinking about it, If I can't take care of the threat with 6+1 in this little gun - I sure as hell ain't going to survive a gun battle with it. I use mine for deep concealment - pocket carry and can't risk or afford much else showing.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Not so much worried about a long gunfight or mag failure- although those are good reasons to carry a spare- but if the day ever comes, I really don't want to be standing there with an empty weapon while I wait for the police to show up.
    But hopefully it'll remain an academic question.

Links