Comfort in IWB holster

This is a discussion on Comfort in IWB holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking for a comfortable holster for warm weather wear. During cooler weather I used a HUME OWB which concealed very well with a ...

Thread: Comfort in IWB holster

Comfort in IWB holster

I am looking for a comfortable holster for warm weather wear. During cooler weather I used a HUME OWB which concealed very well with a jacket.
    As spring is approaching the jacket will leave. As I do not like the bum look I can not wear untucket shirts which means the OWB holster will not work. I tried a high noon hidden alley IWB which worked great except when I drove, It did not matter where I put it the guns butt would dig into my side. I know there are IWB holsters out there that are comfortable so I am open to suggestions on what others have found that worked.
    I am 5' 10" 195 lbs. ( I know I could stand to lose a couple of lbs.)
    My carry weapons are
    Springfield XD Service
    Glock 23

2. Remove Ads

Here are a few "tuckable" holsters, which is what I think you are looking for:

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod..._argument.html

http://www.comp-tac.com/ (see the C-T.A.C.)

http://www.mitchrosen.com/ (see the "Workman")

http://www.miltsparks.com/ (see Versa Max 2, often referred to as a VM-II on the forums)

The VM-II is a great holster, but I have not used it in the "tuckable" mode, only as a standard IWB. I have little or no experience with the others; maybe you can get some feedback on them on this forum. I have a friend that carries his G26 & 27 in a "Closing Argument," he likes it.

Hope this helps.

SSKC

Tucker Gunleather

I have two and couldn't be happier. I use one with a Kahr Amrs P9 and one with a Springfield 1911 A1. Get the tuckable model that allows you to tuck your shirt in over the gun. Works great! Can't recomend them enough.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

yci
    I use the VM-II's for my full-size 1911's. No problems wearing them all day. I find them to be very comfortable.

My primary carry is a G22. I live where it get very warm in the summer and I wear shorts most of the time. Several months ago I was shoping for my first IWB hoster. Having this same question, I read every thread on this same question I could find on different forums which provided me with no clear cut anwsere. I made a list of the three or four that caught my attention. Next I had to consider did I want leather or plastic. Full leather prices was double that of plastic and some such as the VM2 had a two or three month lead time. I then call these maker to ask question I had regarding their holsters. The one thing I was going to try avoid is to end up with several holster tucked away in a drawer not to be seen again at $80 and up per holster. I selected a comp-tac. Since I have not tried one of the other brand to compart comforability, all I can say is in the past three months I have no complants. The people at Comp-Tc were very friendly and helpful when I called. Some of the other companies were not as friendly. I place my order over the phone and had the hostler in hand 48 hours later. The only complaint I have with the IWB is I had two option upon receiving my new holster, drop some weight around waist ( which is not a bad thing to do) or purchase new pants a size larger ( bad on the ego). My advise would be to go to the different web sites and see if any thing catches your eye. Read these thread on this forum and others, do you want leather or plastic, call the mfg's. and talk with them. The make a list of the ones you like on paper, post the list on a wall, step back and throw a dart to complete the desicusion process. Good luck

What kind of cover garment do you wear? I live in South Florida and it get really hot down here! I always wear the standard uniform of the CCW holder the venerable Banana Republic photographers vest. If you ever seen ANYBODY wearing one of these and he's not bristling with cameras or wearing CNN on his body, he's carrying a concealed weapon. This is because these vests are extremely comfortable in warm to cool climates, have a GOZILLION pockets for spare STUFF, look classy as all get out and will still cover a full sized handgun either IWB or OWB. I personally prefer the IWB products of Blade Tech. I find these so comfortable, I have been known to fall asleep wearing one of their IWB's with a Sig P245 in my "LAZY-BOY" tv chair after returning from having dinner out. http://www.blade-tech.com Pretty reasonable, too.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Brommeland Gunleather's MaxCon V or VI. The most comfortable iwb I have ever worn. Period. I carry an all steel, 5" 1911 in these rigs and love it. Give Gary a try.
    http://www.brommelandgunleather.com

Hope this helps

Dan

ps, half the battle with concealed carry is a good belt. Invest wisely.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by jdsumner
    Brommeland Gunleather's MaxCon V or VI. The most comfortable iwb I have ever worn. Period. I carry an all steel, 5" 1911 in these rigs and love it.
    I just received my Brommeland MaxCon V IWB and an Andrews Leather Hybrid Saddle OWB. I'll do a review on each of them after I have worn them awhile but initial impression on each of them is much better than expected. It didn't take me long to start wondering why it took so long for me to get around to custom leather for my guns. There is a world of difference between them and the ones I have bought in local stores....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Ex wears a photo-terrorist vest, Ex wears a photo-terrorist vest, nanny nanny booboo!
    Hey wait a minute, so do I. Love mine. A little 'urban camo' such as water bottle and granola bars visible in the pockets, and folks think I'm a bunny lover just enjoying the park.
    My wife hates the vest. She calls it my "shoot me first" vest.

Dan

Links