In the Belt Holsters

In the Belt Holsters

This is a discussion on In the Belt Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have yet to find a IWB that suits me well. For one, I just am not willing to spend the $60+ it takes to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In the Belt Holsters

In the Belt Holsters

I have yet to find a IWB that suits me well. For one, I just am not willing to spend the $60+ it takes to order one and find it not suitable and be stuck with it. Two, I don't like having to try and find pants 2" larger than what I already wear AND still fit me correctly everywhere else. I have taken to using an Uncle Mike's size 16 for my Springfield XD9SC placed inside the belt, between the belt and the pants. I have seen mention of companies making holsters specifically for this, but can't seem to find them now. Could someone recommend the maker of these for that gun?
    "While the wicked stand confounded, call me with thy saints surrounded."

Springfield XD9-SC
    1895 Chilean Mauser
    1981 Yugoslavian M59/66 SKS
    1943 Mosin-Nagant M-38
    NRA Life Member(when it gets paid for)
    Moving Eventually ... Montana or Wyoming anyone?

My favorite gunleather company Galco, makes one called the JAK Slide. It's a small leather holster that holds the weapon around the trigger/ejection port area, and it rides under the belt, between the belt and your britches.

www.usgalco.com

Wouldn't you know it! I went to Galco's website, and they don't make a JAK to fit the XD. Sorry!

You might try Milt Sparks. I think they can make you one.

Just expect to wait about 6 months for it!

I use a Crossbreed Super-Tuck for my full size 1911. It works well with that weapon, give them a look, they also have a 2 week trial and if you are not satisfied you can return it for a refund.

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/index.html

Even though mine is a tuckable I rarely use that unless dress dictates it, but I like to have the option. Otherwise I use it just like a normal IWB.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

They do have some nice ankle holsters though

Springfield XD9-SC
    1895 Chilean Mauser
    1943 Mosin-Nagant M-38

Look into the custom belt & holster product called 'Beltster' by Bandera Gunleather.
    http://www.banderagunleather.com

I have had one for over a year now and I _love_ it!
    Last year or so I wrote up a review of it including a bunch of pics showing how very flexible it is toward carry and concealment.
    Search against my name and 'Bandera', you should find it relatively easily.

I use mine toward daily CCW and in IDPA too and have had zero problems, complaints, loss or loosening of the firearm (even while running, jumping, and playing with my kids at the park).
    It simply works exactly as advertised and it doesn't stand out at all visually as anything but an everyday average casual belt.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

even a nice but cheap uncle mike's holster will work (like you probably know), but you don't want to get different size pants? get the larger size pants to fit the gun and when not wearing it, have a belt to move up one notch and fit when not carrying. sound stupid? i thought so to until i tried it. just one notch makes up the difference of carrying and not carrying. you won't even be able to tell. it's so simple it works. glad i was wrong before. i never even voluntarily wore a belt until this need but i adapted quickly.
    What's this button do?

Take a look at Desbiens Gunleather ( www.desbiensgunleather.com )
    They have a model called the BTB, shown under SPECIALTY holsters. I believe this may be what you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by downrange View Post
    even a nice but cheap uncle mike's holster will work (like you probably know), but you don't want to get different size pants? get the larger size pants to fit the gun and when not wearing it, have a belt to move up one notch and fit when not carrying. sound stupid? i thought so to until i tried it. just one notch makes up the difference of carrying and not carrying. you won't even be able to tell. it's so simple it works. glad i was wrong before. i never even voluntarily wore a belt until this need but i adapted quickly.
    This is actually what I'm doing currently. I was just looking for something that would help to alleviate the pressure from the belt pulling it into my hip/waist/back/appendix I saw them before, I just don't remember what companies it was that made them. I guess I will just have to start hitting every holster makers website and looking. This will take awhile .. go get a sandwhich or something.

Springfield XD9-SC
    1895 Chilean Mauser
    1943 Mosin-Nagant M-38

Quote Originally Posted by sass20485 View Post
    Take a look at Desbiens Gunleather ( www.desbiensgunleather.com )
    They have a model called the BTB, shown under SPECIALTY holsters. I believe this may be what you are looking for.
    I saw some made like that, but they had retainers on both ends. It was almost identical to any IWB or OWB, just made to be retained behind the belt.

Springfield XD9-SC
    1895 Chilean Mauser
    1943 Mosin-Nagant M-38

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Look into the custom belt & holster product called 'Beltster' by Bandera Gunleather.
    http://www.banderagunleather.com

- Janq
    That's not too bad there, except I would much rather prefer something that didn't allow the metal to rub against me. If they made that with a body protector behind it, that would be pretty sweet.

Springfield XD9-SC
    1895 Chilean Mauser
    1943 Mosin-Nagant M-38

Check out Tucker Gun Leather - I have a Texas Heritage with a sweat shield and it does not rub at all. Though I do ALWAYS wear a t-shirt under my regular shirt.....have you tried that?

This is actually what I'm doing currently. I was just looking for something that would help to alleviate the pressure from the belt pulling it into my hip/waist/back/appendix I saw them before, I just don't remember what companies it was that made them. I guess I will just have to start hitting every holster makers website and looking. This will take awhile .. go get a sandwhich or something.
    try hitting up the "holster sources" link in the banner up top of this forum. tons of links there. i do it sometimes just for the hell of it. you never know what goodies you'll find.
    What's this button do?

Quote Originally Posted by Phaetos View Post
    That's not too bad there, except I would much rather prefer something that didn't allow the metal to rub against me. If they made that with a body protector behind it, that would be pretty sweet.
    Call dude and ask him about as much.
    Each unit is custom made and customizable to the buyers specific requirements and desires.

For me I've had no problem with the metal touching me as most often year round I wear an under shirt. On the hottest days of the summer or when wearing a tank top to reduce the temperature differential 'shock' of the metal touching my skin I'll leave the sidearm sitting in a window under direct sun as I get dressed. When I then holster it the body of it is warmer than my skin temp and it feels fine. After a couple of minutes I pretty much don't notice it nor for the rest of the day.

But I'd bet dude could work something special up for you.
    If not then well the phone call is cheap. :)

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

remember, most of the good guys in leather are custom craftsman. you're probably not the first guy to ask for a sweat / body shield. They'll know right away which of their models can be modified to take one and can tell you.
    For MN specific carry information and a great shooting community, check out forum.twincitiescarry.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links