JM Custom Kydex

JM Custom Kydex

This is a discussion on JM Custom Kydex within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just pulled the trigger on the AIWB Wing Claw Kydex Holster and single Mag Pouch for my G23, looks like an very interesting deign....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: JM Custom Kydex

JM Custom Kydex

Just pulled the trigger on the AIWB Wing Claw Kydex Holster and single Mag Pouch for my G23, looks like an very interesting deign.
    Last edited by Rhodie2; June 10th, 2016 at 07:56 PM.
    Kennydale likes this.

PIcs and review is expected :)
    Rhodie2 likes this.

Concealed carry is a genie which will not get back in the bottle, no matter how hard the antis might try. ~ Mike1956

I'm waiting on one of his AIWB, without the claw but with extra tuck, for my P224. I do not have any of his, but he is one of the only ones that make AIWB specific for the P224. I'm hoping I like it. My first choice would have been Matthew's Katana.
    matthew03 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I have a V2 OWB for my FS M&P .40 that is really quite good.
    I don't like it as much as my Stealth gear "Flex" but it cost 1/2 as much
    and gets the job done. It rides in pretty tight, has a great cant angle for drawing
    and is well made, so I can't complain.
    I am just spoiled by the backing material SG uses on their holsters, it's very comfortable and I'm used to it now.
    I would definitely recommend JM Custom Kydex to anyone that wanted an OWB kydex holster,

Your going to love the holster, best one I own and unfortunately I own more than my fair share of holsters. I have the wedge however and not the claw, but I'm sure it will work for you. You hear it all the time but it really is true, a good holster really makes a big difference in concealment (along w/ a good belt). Especially when you carry aiwb, I will never have another holster that doesn't either have a claw or a wedge. I can conceal my 229 or 227 carry no problem and I'm not one to wear a shirt two sizes too big just to conceal.
    Rhodie2 likes this.

I ordered the same thing with the neoprene wedge for my p30sk a couple of weeks ago. Can't wait to get it! Let's see pics and thoughts when you get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bornandraisedlv View Post
    I ordered the same thing with the neoprene wedge for my p30sk a couple of weeks ago. Can't wait to get it! Let's see pics and thoughts when you get it.

Certainly will. The vendor gave me a 3 to 4 wk lead time if I would order in Black and if the gun was a glock, I complied so looking forward to getting my hands on it. Yes, I too ordered it with the neoprene wedge.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhodie2 View Post
    Certainly will. The vendor gave me a 3 to 4 wk lead time if I would order in Black and if the gun was a glock, I complied so looking forward to getting my hands on it. Yes, I too ordered it with the neoprene wedge.
    really, nice. I might order one if i can get it in 3-4 weeks, it wold be for a glock and black. Illl email them. Ive always wanted to try out one of there holsters but don't want to wait 9 weeks.

the claw version looks like exactly what i'm looking for.
    Rhodie2 likes this.

wanting a review

When will we get some reviews on this? Thinking about getting one for my FNS 9LS. I have standard AIWB with extra tuck being delivered this next week for XDS, but will wait to see about wing claw prior to ordering for FNS.

Quote Originally Posted by uralite View Post
    When will we get some reviews on this? Thinking about getting one for my FNS 9LS. I have standard AIWB with extra tuck being delivered this next week for XDS, but will wait to see about wing claw prior to ordering for FNS.
    I am still waiting on the holster. I do expect it within a couple of weeks given lead time from the Vendor. I ordered a mag pouch with the holster and that is the reason why the lead time had been extended a bit. I will check back with pics when my order arrives.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
    HK P30s
    HK P2000sk
    Sig P229CA
    Glock G23
    Glock G30s
    Ruger LCR357/38

Senior Member Array firefighterguy's Avatar

I have the claw for a g19. I'll preface my post by saying this. Appendix carry is very subjective to the wearer. What works for me might not work at all for you and vice versa. Some people like stiff belts, others like floppy belts. I'm still experimenting with this holster so I can't give a full review. I can say a couple things tho.

1) it pulls the grip in a lot. Much more than the standard wedge. If that's your biggest issue with appendix holsters then this might be your ideal holster. I feel like this holster is made for people with a little (or a lot) belly on em. The amount of tuck isn't necessary for someone with a slender frame.

2) the claw takes up more real estate in your pants. About half an inch more. I actually had to get a different belt because my other one was too small already and this holster pushed me over the limit.

Tony makes great stuff and his customer service is second to none. He now offers it in quick ship for the glocks. Got mine in about 10 days.

MIKECIB and Rhodie2 like this.

FireFighterGuy - In your picture, it looks like the Claw can be removed, can it? I have a slender build and ordered the same holster as you and I am wondering if having the Claw installed would be detrimental? With exception of having to have a bigger belt (I should be ok in that department) is there anything else that may proove in a negative way for a person with a slender build for this AWIB Style? Oh, and thanks for the write up.

On a side note Tony said the mag pouch that I ordered a long with the AWIB Holster was what was holding up my holster order. Had I not order the pouch I would have gotten the order much sooner.

Senior Member Array firefighterguy's Avatar
    FireFighterGuy - In your picture, it looks like the Claw can be removed, can it? I have a slender build and ordered the same holster as you and I am wondering if having the Claw installed would be detrimental? With exception of having to have a bigger belt (I should be ok in that department) is there anything else that may proove in a negative way for a person with a slender build for this AWIB Style? Oh, and thanks for the write up.

On a side note Tony said the mag pouch that I ordered a long with the AWIB Holster was what was holding up my holster order. Had I not order the pouch I would have gotten the order much sooner.
    The claw is adjustable and could be removed in theory. You would need to get new hardware for it. What I mean by adjustable is this: it comes with rubber washers like you would see on a normal holster to adjust the retention. You can tighten down the claw as much or as little as you want to effect the degree of tuck.

What I found for me was that I needed to remove the rubber washers altogether so I am waiting on a new set of hardware because it is too long. I found for my body style that it actually tucked too much. It pulled the slide away from my body. Tony was able to help me get it squared away and once I get the new screws I'll be set. One of the great things about this holster is how adjustable it is.

Also because it doesn't have a wedge like his other holsters, it doesn't create a bulge as much either.

Like I said, I'm only a couple weeks into testing it out and trying different belts, pants, etc to find the perfect way to wear it.

Tony stands behind his products and he will make sure you are satisfied with it.

I'm a slim 6'-2", long time appendix carry. I really like Tony's George holster. A little bit of wedge at the throat of the holster and I add my own foam wedge tailored to my specific preference. No muss, no fuss. Doesn't bulge the belt line for me.

I've been on the fence trying to decide between another George or a Wing Claw for a Shield 45 but I'm thinkin' I'll just go with what I know and order a George Long for the new pistol.

I just got mine last night and have not had the chance to test it yet other than for a quick moment.

I should have the chance to play with it a bit more tonight.

I'm 5'11" slim (32" waist) but a bit of a beer belly and this is the holster Tony recommended, with the wedge.

Will post my thoughts in a few days after I have a chance to play with it a bit

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links