Size Matter's!

This is a discussion on Size Matter's! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just figured something out...(I'm a little slow on the uptake). The bigger we are the less holster can't seem sto be an issue. I've ...

Thread: Size Matter's!

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar

Size Matter's!

I just figured something out...(I'm a little slow on the uptake). The bigger we are the less holster can't seem sto be an issue. I've lost 30 pounds over the past 8-9 months. Before I lost my weight a regular FBI cant would conceal fine (15degrees), however, now that I'm trimmed up, a regular FBI cant lets the grip stick out and prints more. To solve the problem I've had to move to a 20 - 25 degree cant. I've seen pics of some nice holsters with a straight drop in cant but on me that pokes straight out away from my body.

I guess it's just harder to conceal when we do manage to loose those extra pounds! Any one else notice this or had to go to a more extreme cant to get a grip to lay up and along the back versus poking out?

Anyway, I feel better without the weight even if I have to get some new leather!

God Bless
    Gideon

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Looks like a good excuse to get some new pants and some new leather to go with them.

Congrats on losing the weight.

I need to get started myself.

Now where did that peanut butter jar go to???
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Check out one of Sam Andrews MacDaniel II you can adjust the cant as needed. Ask anyone that has one and they'll tell you how happy they are with it. I've got 4 -5 of them. http://www.andrewsleather.com/

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    I've always been more comfortable with more cant. On the straight drop, sounds like you could carry the gun lower. It might be riding too high.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

I guess it's just harder to conceal when we do manage to loose those extra pounds! Any one else notice this or had to go to a more extreme cant to get a grip to lay up and along the back versus poking out?
    If I ever loose the 20 lbs I need to, I'll let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    I just figured something out...(I'm a little slow on the uptake). The bigger we are the less holster can't seem sto be an issue. I've lost 30 pounds over the past 8-9 months. Before I lost my weight a regular FBI cant would conceal fine (15degrees), however, now that I'm trimmed up, a regular FBI cant lets the grip stick out and prints more. To solve the problem I've had to move to a 20 - 25 degree cant. I've seen pics of some nice holsters with a straight drop in cant but on me that pokes straight out away from my body.

Anyway, I feel better without the weight even if I have to get some new leather!

God Bless
    Gideon
    Actually, I noticed the exact opposite.

I went from 275 pounds to a current 160 pounds and I can conceal a much larger gun in more places with much less trouble.

I have not only lost fat but put on upper body muscle. Having done this, my shoulders and chest are now wider than my waist and as a result, all my shirts hang off my shoulders creating a perfect concealment system. I conceal my Glock 23 with just an untucked T-shirt all the time. And I carry OWB, in either a Fobus right hand paddle holster or a Blackhawk right hand SERPA holster.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Over the last fifteen years I have put on significant weight. That being said, I can conceal full size pistols more easily now, but it is less comfortable. Because of my current build ( large beer tumor) I usually find myself wearing my jeans on the low side. This takes SOB holsters out of the picture for me. My "handles" tend to get poked by beavertails etc. when using my IWB. If I arrange everything to fit comfortably I constantly have to pull my pants up because they slip down off my gut. I guess about fifty pounds ago I could carry anything just about any way I wanted. I guess I could stop using the exercise bike as a coat rack and solve this problem, but that would almost be like work.

Wherever there's fried chicken or barbecue
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    I guess I could stop using the exercise bike as a coat rack and solve this problem, but that would almost be like work.
    Or cut out the beer.
    Pitmaster

HELGA: Where are you going?
    HAGAR: To sign a peace treaty with the King of England.
    HELGA: Then why take all those weapons?
    HAGAR: First we gotta negotiate...

Well, I called it by it's common name. In my case it is actually a Mountain Dew tumor. During the last eight years when I was on midnight shift I used to drink about two liters per shift! I would fill up my 52 ounce "bucket" at 7-11 on the way in and at lunch time dump another liter in. Whole lot of calories there, but also kept me alert!

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Or cut out the beer.
    You should be banned from the forum for even thinking such a thing .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Administrator
    A man who calls himself "pitmaster" says get rid of beer!?
    "Just blame Sixto"

Links