Any experience with the Tucker Answer or Cross breed holsters?

This is a discussion on Any experience with the Tucker Answer or Cross breed holsters? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Which did you choose and why? The Cross breed is about 1/2 the price but I've heard nothing but praise for the Tucker products....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any experience with the Tucker Answer or Cross breed holsters?

Which did you choose and why? The Cross breed is about 1/2 the price but I've heard nothing but praise for the Tucker products.
    Kimber Ultra Carry - CT Lasergrips
    Glock 19, 21SF, 29
    KelTec P3AT
    Built M4 Carbine - My Evil Black Rifle

I swear you are reading my mind. If we are alike in other ways similarly to how alike we are concerning pistols, I think you could probably come to my job and no one would notice a difference.

Anyway, I'm very curious about this feedback as well. I think I have settled on the Crossbreed though...it looks pretty sweet.

JP
    XD-40 SubCompact with OD Green frame

Dunno about Tucker, but Crossbreed has been AMAZING to its customers on the xdtalk forums.

People with scratched up holsters got replacements, when he switched the molding to accomodate sights, old users could send theirs in for a FREE upgrade, and ditto with new clips. Great customer support, but looooooooooong turnaround time for orders due solely to its popularity. You can't go wrong.

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    They're similar, & I noticed crossbreed has changed their holster with "little" things", but those little things were the difference between them & the Tucker. The Tucker is lined on the back & they use Comp-tac for the kydex part of the holster & clips. I don't know who Crossbreed uses.

I'd say the Tucker is still nicer, but the gap is definitely narrower & the Crossbreed is probably a better deal for the money.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

I settled on a Tucker Answer. I haven't worn a Cross breed before but the quality didn't look to as good as Tucker's. Now why I settled on the Answer.

After much research for a IWB holster that was as comfortable as one could get I seemed to get pointed toward the Answer or the VM-2. I have a lasermax installed on my firearm and had problems with other IWB holsters actuating the laser when I didn't know it.

So I wanted something with a kydex reinforcement but still wanted it to be comfortable. The VM-2 not having kydex made me nervous about actuating the laser so I decided to try the Answer.

After reading Rob and Tuckers statements about their 100% customer satisfaction guarantee...that if you are not 100% satisfied with their product you could send it back for a refund; I had nothing to loose. Needless to say they don't get many back., mine included.

I waited patiently and when I received my holster I could hardly believe the superior quality I was looking at. I have literally never held a higher quality holster in my hand before. This is probably the same description others give on the quality but it is because it is something you have to see to believe.

As Tucker and Rob say, the holster gets more comfortable the more you wear it because it shapes itself based on your figure. And that is true...initially it wasn’t perfectly comfortable but that lasted about 8 hours before my holster really started to curve to my body. Though you still have to follow the rules of holsters... a good sturdy belt, one pants size larger if it is IWB etc.

I am not trying to sell you on the Answer over the Cross Breed, but my excitement is flowing based upon my experience with it. I have tried numerous holsters and all seem to have a certain purpose, but it wasn’t till I wore the Answer that I found a holster that served virtually all my needs. Plus the service you receive from Rob is above and beyond.

As I said in another thread Tucker has my business for life!

I am sure that didn't cover all your questions so if you have a specific question about a feature feel free to PM me, I would be happy to help you.

I toiled between the crossbreed and brommeland before deciding on crossbreed, mostly because i was hearing of absurdly long waits (6 months) for the brommeland. Just recieved it earlier this week and so far I'm liking it. Haven't been able to wear it much due to school and work, so I was going to post my review after the weekend. I will say that it's way more secure then my suped-up uncle mikes cheapo, and this equates to more comfort. I'll also say that 6wks was the turnaround, and Mike (or Mark, I keep forgetting) is a great guy and a pleasure to do business with. He said he just hired a couple more workers som maybe turnaround time would be better for you.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

A Tucker Answer has been my every-day-carry rig for my Ultra CDP II since last August. I originally chose it as an alternative to the Max Con V, which I (still) have on order. Tucker's delivery time then was 3 weeks. I considered the Texas Heritage, but figured since I already had a Brommeland all-leather model on order, I'd see what this Kydex thing was all about. The stated advantages were ease of 1-hand holstering and durability.

When I first received mine, I was disappointed that it didn't just disappear on me as everyone else seemed to claim there's did. I kept emailing Rob asking for suggestions, and he made a few, but the most important one was to wear it for a little while. And you know what? It worked. Now it really does disappear. I often don't even think about it being there anymore. Once I found my "sweet spot", it started conforming to my body so that now it's just second nature. The only real adjustment I made to it was to move the rear clip up one hole to get a little more forward cant. Now it's really easy to get a full grip.

Any holster will require a little growing into. You have to find where it fits best and how it conforms to your body type and size. I'm very pleased with how the Answer has worked out for me.

A really important consideration about the people. Tucker will absolutely stand behind his products 100%. They have an unconditional money-back guarantee. Buy one and try it, and if you decide you just don't like it, return it for a full refund. If you have a problem, they'll fix it. Rob Longenecker is a great guy to do business with.

Here's my Answer, alongside a Tucker IWB single-mag pouch:

And the rest of the Tucker lineup:

And no, I don't get a toaster if you buy a Tucker! Whatever holster you go with, but sure to get a good, stout gunbelt. It makes an enormous difference.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Ex Member Array one eyed fatman's Avatar
    The Tucker Answer holster was around well before the crossbred. The crossbred is a cheaper imitation of the Answer holster. In other words they copied the Answer but not the price. I've had my Answer holster for years now. Works fine for me so no need to buy the imitation. You will find plenty of people who like both holsters.

Love Tuckers

I have had mine for 3 years. I will buy no other holster than The Answer or one from KD holsters. I don't want a drawer full of holsters. And with Tuckers or KD you won't..

I wear mine for up to 18 hours a day with total comfort.

steve

I don't have a Tucker Answer, I have his Texas Heritage (1911 Commander) and LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! So much that I have a second on order for my CZ75 Compact.

Service is top notch and Rob is VERY good to work with.....you can't go wrong with anything from Tucker.

Well Mike, I just ordered a Crossbreed. In 6 weeks I will let you know what I think. Maybe we can hit the range and I can check out your TFOs and you can check out the holster.
    XD-40 SubCompact with OD Green frame

Senior Moderator
    I ordered an "Answer" and sent it back. I found it to cumbersome to take on and off. It was very comfortable on, but it just didn't fit my situation for needing to get a holster on and off quickly. In fact, I had to essentially undo my pants to get it on.

I then ordered a Tucker paddle holster and don't use it because it makes the but of the gun stick out and hence is very difficult to conceal.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Ron
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    I ordered an "Answer" and sent it back. I found it to cumbersome to take on and off. It was very comfortable on, but it just didn't fit my situation for needing to get a holster on and off quickly. In fact, I had to essentially undo my pants to get it on.
    I had ther same problem wih the "Crossbreed." Too cumbersome to get on and off. It is a very good holster. Adjustable, and reasonably comfortable, but it did not fit my lifestyle. Like Tangle wrote about the "Answer," I had to undo my pants to get it on and off, or to tuck in my shirt. I come and go frequently and I also need a holster that goes on and off quickly.

Ron
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

Thanks for all of the input. I'm leaning more towards the Answer because of the excellent reviews I've read on them. Honestly, Tangle and Ron are the only two negatives I've ever seen and honestly their reason is way low on my priority list as far as convenience is concerned. I've already ordered a Bull hide belt from them with the velcro sewn in at the recommendation of Rob. I spoke to him on the phone a couple weeks ago and he's a super nice and helpful guy.

The only reason I haven't already ordered it is because my Ultra Carry is/was going to be my EDC but I'm having issues with it right now and bottom line is that I don't trust it yet for EDC. If I can or can't get them problems corrected that will be when I order a holster. I currently have a Blade Tech IWB and a Fobus paddle for the Kimber right now as well as a Comp-Tac Infidel for my Glock.

For me my list of priorities in a holster are:

1) Comfort. If it ain't comfortable you won't wear it.
    2) Quick access.
    3) Weapon retention.
    4) Stability.
    5) Ease of on/off.

Am I missing anything or off base with any of those?
    Kimber Ultra Carry - CT Lasergrips
    Glock 19, 21SF, 29
    KelTec P3AT
    Built M4 Carbine - My Evil Black Rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    I can see how this could be an issue. The Answer has a luxurient, chrome tanned, suede backing, which helps it stay put; not unlike body velcro and VERY comfortable. However, for the same reason, it is a bit of a chore if your lifestyle requires frequent on-off maneuvers.

I carry in an Answer, all day everyday and have yet to find anything that works even close to as well. It is well made to-the-extreme and, like anything really great, gets better with age. I have tried a small room full of holsters, but I'm hooked on the Answer.

In comparison, the Answer looks as though it was made by a master craftsman, who apprenticed to a saddle maker, and uses the finest available materials.
    The cross breed, in contrast, looks like the work of a guy with a pocket knife, in a dimly lit basement, made after a trip to tandy leather.
    JMO, YMMV
    "Happiness, is a warm gun" -St. John of Liverpool

Proud to be an infidel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links