Horizontal Mag Carry

This is a discussion on Horizontal Mag Carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm having trouble finding some info about horizontal mag pouches. I was wonder about who makes them, how comfortable they are, and how secure are ...

Thread: Horizontal Mag Carry

Horizontal Mag Carry

I'm having trouble finding some info about horizontal mag pouches. I was wonder about who makes them, how comfortable they are, and how secure are they. I would figure that method of carry would eliminate direct contact with the body making it comfortable, but it would almost have to ride at your six and only 1 clip. I have a sheath knife that wears that way, and although very comfortable and unnoticeable, it is still behind you. Retention and access was not as good as vertical at you three, but concealment is the game. I would like to hear some thoughts about this and any recommendations.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    Safariland 123

i ordered one frm ubg holster and i love it a lot. i will try to dig out my camera and snap a pick. (in the middle of moving and i have to find it) it was a great price too. i will try to post something tonight or tomorrow
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

Mark Garrity makes some...
    Hoplophile

I have dual mag pouches from safariland and bianchi. both will go on a belt either vertaically or horizontally.

Havent tried them horizontally but keep meaning to

Thanks for the plug, Hobbes!
    Yes, I make them, mainly because many cops wear their on-duty pouches that way (myself included) so it's nice to have some commonality of training off-duty by keeping things in the same place.
    I don't recommend wearing it SOB though. My recommendation (for a right-hand shooter) is at about 1:30, with the opening towards the belt buckle. I have several customers who swear by them , saying they are much more comfortable than a vertical pouch.
    "He who makes things with his hands is a laborer, he who makes things with his hands and his head is a craftsman, he who makes things with his hands, his head, and his heart is an artist."
    www.garritysgunleather.com

no problem, I remember looking at those when I ordered my vertical one. I still need to try one of the horizontal ones sometime...
    Hoplophile

Links