Defensive Carry banner

Horizontal Mag Carry

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Hobbes 
#1 ·
I'm having trouble finding some info about horizontal mag pouches. I was wonder about who makes them, how comfortable they are, and how secure are they. I would figure that method of carry would eliminate direct contact with the body making it comfortable, but it would almost have to ride at your six and only 1 clip. I have a sheath knife that wears that way, and although very comfortable and unnoticeable, it is still behind you. Retention and access was not as good as vertical at you three, but concealment is the game. I would like to hear some thoughts about this and any recommendations.

#3 ·
i ordered one frm ubg holster and i love it a lot. i will try to dig out my camera and snap a pick. (in the middle of moving and i have to find it) it was a great price too. i will try to post something tonight or tomorrow

#6 ·
Thanks for the plug, Hobbes!
Yes, I make them, mainly because many cops wear their on-duty pouches that way (myself included) so it's nice to have some commonality of training off-duty by keeping things in the same place.
I don't recommend wearing it SOB though. My recommendation (for a right-hand shooter) is at about 1:30, with the opening towards the belt buckle. I have several customers who swear by them , saying they are much more comfortable than a vertical pouch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.