Galco X-Project Holster System

This is a discussion on Galco X-Project Holster System within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterT3.asp...37&CatalogID=2 Does anyone have experience with one of these? If so, what do you think of it? It looks very interesting to me, but I ...

Thread: Galco X-Project Holster System

Question Galco X-Project Holster System

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterT3.asp...37&CatalogID=2

Does anyone have experience with one of these? If so, what do you think of it? It looks very interesting to me, but I can't afford to spend that much "just to find out" if it's any good...

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Try this one.

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterT3.asp...24&CatalogID=4

I like the pic of the holster just hanging in mid air on the guys side. That would make a few people take a second look at you. Makes me want to think of other things that I need to suspend on my side. Do they make beer holsters?

To the point. I personally don't like Galco Products. I have found that for a little more money you can buy a custom rig from one of the makers here. of course it won't have that handy 'midair clip".

This is just my opinion. I'm sure that there are many happy Galco customers on CC.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Good concept but G17 holsters I think it would work alot better with like a G26. The G17 stuck out really far and there was definetly some getting used to. The straps are really cool because they really do do a good job of not printing vs my Jackass rig which prints wearing jacket. The retention system is slimiliar to the Serpa with where your finger falls. You can also instantly change it from a shoulder rig to a strong side hip or cross draw by simple detaching the holster. OO yeah if you don't use a undershirt you will start.
    Last edited by Rob99VMI04; May 18th, 2007 at 03:38 PM.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

I was thinking more along the lines of the concealment T-shirt concept. It makes me think that instead of buying multiple shirts (so you can do laundry), and instead of being limited by the presentation angle of the shirt products I've seen, you could buy one of these instead.

You could wear it over your undershirt and under a regular shirt with the holster attached directly to the harness. Or you have the option as shown in the picture. Or use the OWB attachment.

And, by adjusting the straps and experimenting with the cant settings, it looks like you could come up with a good "no print" presentation angle...

I like the general idea of a shoulder holster, as I spend a lot of time strapped into my car. But I also want deep concealment and don't want a system I would attach to my belt or otherwise wear outside my outer shirt. It's too hot/obvious to wear a vest or jacket here...

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    I guess you could how ever the shirt actuaclly makes it a snugger fit so you don't have alot of play in the connection from the holster to the rig. YOu have to have a shirt over the harness because even though its not in the picture one of the straps goes around your belly.

Quote Originally Posted by CCMO View Post
    I was thinking more along the lines of the concealment T-shirt concept. It makes me think that instead of buying multiple shirts (so you can do laundry), and instead of being limited by the presentation angle of the shirt products I've seen, you could buy one of these instead.

You could wear it over your undershirt and under a regular shirt with the holster attached directly to the harness. Or you have the option as shown in the picture. Or use the OWB attachment.

And, by adjusting the straps and experimenting with the cant settings, it looks like you could come up with a good "no print" presentation angle...

I like the general idea of a shoulder holster, as I spend a lot of time strapped into my car. But I also want deep concealment and don't want a system I would attach to my belt or otherwise wear outside my outer shirt. It's too hot/obvious to wear a vest or jacket here...
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Links