Well worth the wait

Well worth the wait

This is a discussion on Well worth the wait within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Today I got a package in the mail from Gary Brommeland. I had spoken to him some time back wasting his time asking about alternatives ...

Thread: Well worth the wait

Well worth the wait

Today I got a package in the mail from Gary Brommeland.

I had spoken to him some time back wasting his time asking about alternatives for someone like me, who had a serious back injury, and couldnt carry a gun the same way as most people do without pain.

So we finally decided on a Def Con, like this

http://www.brommelandgunleather.com/...ts/def-con.htm

For my Glock 26, plus a great custom belt to hold the gun up on my fat hind end, and a really good single mag pouch that from a distance looks like a paddle holster.

Ive had a few custom holsters, from various makers, mostly bought on ebay to try out, however, this, by far is the best.

It is well thought out, cants perfectly, and the draw is natural with it (Once I do about a hundred presentations to loosen it up some it will be). I sat here for a long time this evening and tried to shake the gun out of the holster, and couldnt manage it, so I imagine that it wouldnt come out in a fall, and probably not from someone trying to snatch it from me.

The ridge of leather on the back top end of the holster also makes the chances of the gun rubbing your gut a lot less likely.

It does seem, at least to me, someone who doesnt know much about leather, that this rig was designed by someone who has talked with gun carriers and given these sorts of problems a hell of a lot of thought.

The butt of the gun doesn't stick out, even though I have a bit of a gut, but stays right in there close to the body. This makes printing much less of a concern. I'll have to wear it a few weeks to know for sure, but it does seem to me that this rig will work well for me.

It should work for you too.

It ain't cheep, but quality never is.

Sorry for buggin ya on the phone Gary, I was just...anxious..
    "I Don't Want To Socialize With A Pinko Liberal Democrat Commie. Say What You Like About Republicans. We Stick To Our Convictions. Even When We Know We're Dead Wrong." Denny Crane:

Administrator
    Congrats. May it help to protect you.
    You have found yourself one of the best leather rigs ever made -

Early Man started chewing on Mastodon Hide in order to work it into a nifty prehistoric spear holder.

That was how it all began...It started in Cave Man Land and it culminates in Modern Day BrommeLand.

For sure on of the best holster makers on Earth.

Only one Specie on the planet HATES Brommeland holsters and that would be cows.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Assistant Administrator
    Good to hear that Lawrence - there is nothing so good for carry as the right combo - good belt and a stellar holster.

Glad to say our prime (many) holster makers have let their designs evolve over time such that they now offer almost the ultimate.

Individual shapes and sizes influence what works best but - as always the ability to discuss with the maker all that is needed, does most often lead to something near perfection. It is then money well spent.

We are just so darned lucky to have at our disposal so much talent.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

me
    Congrates Lawerence,

I am in the process of waiting for a Max-Con V. The only thing that makes waiting bearable for me and keeping me from bugging Gary and Remy is that I am finishing up college and can not carry while I am there Due to campus policy and state law. Since I can't use it yet I have been good.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Nothing like custom leather.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence Keeney View Post
    It ain't cheep, but quality never is.
    Then again, for a product that literally can (and likely will) last a lifetime, it's a bargain on any day.

Got to love quality gear that works like it should, is comfortable and is backed by the artisan. Hard to beat.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I have four Brommeland's and a fifth on the way. They can't be beat!!!
    Tony

I just looked at that holster for the first time. That little detail of the canted rear slot is so simple, but looks like it would really improve the way the holster rides/draws. Amazing little idea.
    What Would Gumby Do?

Waiting for my Max Con, hope to see it at my door soon.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog View Post
    I just looked at that holster for the first time. That little detail of the canted rear slot is so simple, but looks like it would really improve the way the holster rides/draws. Amazing little idea.
    The Def Con conceals so well, that I can conceal a 1911 with the right cover! And I'm only 5'7" 145 lbs....
    Tony

Waiting on my MaxConV also for my Glock26 and single Mag pouch
    holder, Patience, Quality work takes time.
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I was out and about yesterday at a function where I couldn't open, or even concealed carry, so all I wore from the friday package was the new belt.

The funny thing about a new custom dress gun belt verses a $40 off the shelf belt from a dept store is that a strong belt like this seems to both be strong, AND hold your pants up better

It doesn"t shift around and doesnt curl over ever, and this makes your holster and the inserted sidearm infinitely more secure than any sort of a cheap belt would be.Getting in and out of a car and up and down out of a chair over and over can drag, especially on a big gun. This belt doesn't do that.

This one also looks great doing it.

I'm going out a lot in the evenings this week, so I'll get numerous chances to carry, and will report back.
    "I Don't Want To Socialize With A Pinko Liberal Democrat Commie. Say What You Like About Republicans. We Stick To Our Convictions. Even When We Know We're Dead Wrong." Denny Crane:

Great choice Lawrence, Gary does amazing work and backs it up with excellent service and advice. I've got a Def Con in the works for a Glock G19 that's still in layaway.

Like you, I'm carrying a few extra pounds (about 30 of 'em) and a really screwed up back so I asked Gary for advice on both method of carry AND a weapon to replace my much loved Mil-Spec 1911. The weight of the all steel gun along with the recoil of the .45 acp were really starting to wear on me so I knew it was time for a lighter weight, lighter recoiling pistol.

What we came up with was a 9mm Glock carried OWB in a Def Con. I opted for the G19 as a compromise between the concealabilty of the G26 and the longer sight radius/higher capacity of the G17. I still plan on ordering a MaxCon V for it for the added concealability but the Def Con will be my primary "Go To" holster for most days.

Oh yeh, I also ordered a set of Tru-Glo TFO night sights for the G19 from Gary, he's a stocking dealer now. Those came in a few days ago and are waiting for the gun to come home. I can already tell I'm gonna love these babies and I'll want them on all my guns!
    Jack

Patience is a virtue.......

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Sponsored Links