Defensive Carry banner

Deep Concealment

3K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Tin Bender 
#1 ·
Anyone used an undershirt bad like this?http://www.gunnersecurity.com/holster-shoulder.html
I've been thinking of getting one, or a tuckable IWB. Realizing the tuckable would allow a faster presentation, my thoughts are the band would be more concealed under more types of clothes, considering I live in SW Texas (HOT) and I always tuck my shirt in, even t-shirts.

#3 ·
Wish I had the link to hand but strikes me there are two major deep concealement options - both of which naturally increase draw time - that is unavoidable.

The SmartCarry/Thunderwear type device is one and then there is the UC Comfort band such as used by fed_wif_a_sig .. and IIRC he has a sorta ''easy rip'' buttons/velcro facility for his shirt to gain fast access.

#4 ·
That almost looks like the kangaroo holster which I have and I can get my ultra carry out really fast.I like wearing western shirts with the snaps instead of buttons and I leave the top 2 snaps open and then grab at the 3rd snap with my left hand and pull it open as I grab the butt of my kimber with my right hand and its out like a flash,no problem at all.I just get my shirts one size larger,no printing at all.Also very comfortable to wear all day long. sj

#5 ·
Thanks for the recommendation Chris.

I too live in the heat of hell (aka Texas)(Ok I'm an Okie and will forever want to live there) and as Chris said if you search my past post or the phrase "UC Comfort" you'll find where I have discussed the different types of deep concealment options, including the chest belly band you metioned and their pluses and minuses.

Good luck and holar if I can ever be of help.

#7 ·
If its cool I will wear a t-shirt,if hot then I don't,but either wayI don't sweat much at all.I never have so thats a problem I haven't had to worry about.I'm like everyone else in that I have a drawer full of holsters that I have bought.I ought to just try and sell the ones I never use they are just taking up space.The two I use the most are the kangaroo and a don hume JIT slide.If I could find a small compact OWB for an ultra carry I would probably buy it also.sj

#9 ·
Frankly I don't see the point of that type of CCW for me. I live and work out of doors in a tropical climate. It boils down to hand gun size / caliber vs. how to & how much hide it. I use a fanny pack designed with a holster or loose shirt over my De Santis Scabbard.

Sorry but that type of "Deep Cover" = "Six Foot Deep Cover For Me".

T-Out

#10 ·
Thek9....thats ok that you dont understand it. However realize that some folks by dress code MUST wear their dress shirts tucked into their pants when they go to work and want to be able to take off their jackets. I work in an environment where I MUST tuck in my shirts and dress in slacks and long sleve dress shirts, occasionally a tie and sportscoat or suit jacket. At the same time I also MUST have on my person my duty pistol, two magazines, expandable batton, cuffs and knife. Now you might be comfortable in a fanny pack when wearing a suit, but it wont fly in my environment (and fanny packs are also banned for use). Plus in most areas, a fanny pack equeals GUN, not a good thing for some folks who's company just might decide their employment isnt needed anymore because they carry a weapon (even when company policy dosent ban them from carrying).

Deep concealment isnt for everyone, but just because your style of dress allows you to be more relaxed (trust me, when I'm off duty, its jeans and an untucked t-shirt over my in the pants holster and magazines).

As for your belief that "Deep Cover" = "Six Foot Deep Cover For Me", you might be right. However, thought my Deep Cover rig is slower than my belt or in the pants holsters, I can still draw, put two into a 6" target (from under a dress shirt) in under 1.5 seconds.

Your lucky you dont need to dress up, but for those of us who do, there is a viable method that is proved and very effective and with training, very fast as well.

#14 ·
Anyone used an undershirt bad like this?http://www.gunnersecurity.com/holster-shoulder.html...
kjmillig,

I am currently on my second of that particular holster, having worn out the first one.

I personally enjoy it! I have used it alone for my primary in hot summer weather when wearing elastic waist gym shorts and a T-Shirt.

I've carried a G-23, Ruger SP-101, Ruger Speed Six 3" barrel, Colt Officers and my Para P-12 in it. It works to my satisfaction.

When carrying my revolvers in it, I literally forget they are there. It does seem to conceal the revolvers better too.

Drawing from the holster is obviously quicker if wearing a button up shirt than with a T-Shirt or Sweater, but it is what it is... A "deep undercover rig".

When carrying two guns, my BUG almost always rides there with primary on IWB or OWB.

#15 ·
I echo what fed_wif_sig said...

:congrats:

#16 ·
Thanks. I really appreciate hearing about y'all's experiences. Always adds to my database. Still trying to decide between the band and a Galco 2nd Amendment tuckable IWB. Maybe I'll end up getting both for different situations.

#17 ·
I've used the UnderCover Comfort t-shirt holsters for a couple years now. Like most people, I have several other holsters that I've tried (and still use some occasionally).

However, I find the UC Comfort t-shirt holster works best in my environment. I highly recommend them.

#19 ·
Ohhhhhh I love a challenge: Go baby Go!!!

#20 ·
Glad to see the KANGAROO up here. I just ordered one yesterday.
Hope it works as well as the Smart Carry. I plan on wearing both for my Sig 229 and a S & W 642.

I'll be a pullin' and tuggin' like a dawg itchin'.

:blink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.