K&D...Need I Say More?

This is a discussion on K&D...Need I Say More? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I'm not one to leave well enough alone. After making an ass of myself twice, bothering Kevin as to the whereabouts of my Cochise ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: K&D...Need I Say More?

K&D...Need I Say More?

Well I'm not one to leave well enough alone. After making an ass of myself twice, bothering Kevin as to the whereabouts of my Cochise Defender, it finally arrived last week. It is RonT's fault for my impatience.

I didn't want to write anything right away. We all know how great his holsters look; what I wanted to know is would they work as good as they looked.

Fit and finish: Having examined the "Big Boys" i.e. Milt Sparks, Mitch Rosen, Galco and others. This holster is every bit a work of art as the others. It fit my M&P like a glove. I've heard that leather requires extensive break-in before smooth draws can be accomplished. Not so with this one. I did the zip-lok bag thing over night, and the next day, without constant drawing and re-holstering it drew great. Hopefully this will not become too loose over time. Right now, it's about perfect. Outstanding!

the back:

I have carried it for a few days now, in many different locations. I tried different positions and cants, and have sort of settled on around 3:30 with a slight forward cant. This is all easy to accomplish due to the easy to reposition clips. It conceals much better in every position than the cheap DeSantis clip-on that I've been using while waiting on this.
    Yesterday, I gave it the ultimate test. I drove for three hours, went to a hospital to visit my ailing Grandfather, drove and hour back, fished for 5 hours with my Father-in-Law, and drove the rest of the way home. The holster remained comfortable for most of the trip. Near the end of the ride home, it did start to dig into my hip. This is more of a positional issue than design.

Top:(note the slimness)

The only thing that I think I would change is my own fault. After seeing Ront's, I think if I had to do it over again, I would get the sweat guard. I'm not that concerned as there is always a t-shirt between the gun and my skin. Also, the M&P is stainless steel.

Bottom:

Thank You very much Kevin, and I apologize for being annoying.

My every day carry things:

2. Remove Ads

Haha, I just wrote Kevin an email asking about my Dakota Defender for my Springer 1911 .45, my 1 1/2'' gun belt, and my magazine clip holster. I am inpatient, too!

I am just so excited to see this holster. My bud Chad over at passtheammo.com ordered one at the same time and we have been hurrying home everyday for the last week or so searching for that Fedex box sitting on our front porch. He got the Cochise Defender in Snakeskin.

I'll post a pic of my goods when they arrive. I suspect they will be here tomorrow. Yeaaa!
    JJ Honeycutt- GodGunsGlory.com

To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic. - Ted Nugent

Assistant Administrator
    Ahhh - beauty personified
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

how much did that cost thinkat if you don't mind me asking

Vey nice! I can't wait to get my eagle defender, got quite some time to go still. Nice to hear how well that Cochise is working out for you, congrats!

VIP Member
    Very nice. Anticipation. I ordered a Dakota Defender 5 weeks ago and Tucker cover up 10 weeks ago. It is a loooong wait.

Kevin's making my custom cochise defender for my G27 right now--he told me I should have it this week!

Dang it....just wet myself again...

uh...did I say that out loud?

Looks very nice thinkat!! I hope you are as happy with your Cochise Defender as I am with mine. I love it!! K-mans workmanship is awesome.
    Great review and pictures also!!

Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

Congrats...

on the NICE leather...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by GodGunsGlory View Post
    Haha, I just wrote Kevin an email asking about my Dakota Defender for my Springer 1911 .45, my 1 1/2'' gun belt, and my magazine clip holster. I am inpatient, too!

I am just so excited to see this holster. My bud Chad over at passtheammo.com ordered one at the same time and we have been hurrying home everyday for the last week or so searching for that Fedex box sitting on our front porch. He got the Cochise Defender in Snakeskin.

I'll post a pic of my goods when they arrive. I suspect they will be here tomorrow. Yeaaa!
    Tried sending you an email, but your box was full!

Your holster, belt, and mag carrier are on the table being made as we speak. Should be in the mail to you by the end of this week.

thinkat: Glad to hear you're happy with the holster. BTW, I carry that same CRKT knife.

I hope nobody takes this the wrong way, but I am as giddy as a school girl! I feel like a kid on Christmas eve waiting ever so patiently for the break of dawn.
    JJ Honeycutt- GodGunsGlory.com

To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic. - Ted Nugent

I have some coming up too - man, I love getting Kevin's stuff in the mail!!

After I recover from the wife's nagging over the Bulman holsters I got, I will be ordering a IWB from K&D. Very nice holsters and what I think to be the best and most versatile IWB on the market.

Any pics of A J-frame in a Defender???????
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Man View Post
    Tried sending you an email, but your box was full!

Your holster, belt, and mag carrier are on the table being made as we speak. Should be in the mail to you by the end of this week.

How about my snake skin cochise, Kevin? I'm mighty excited. Especially after reading this review.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links