Defensive Carry banner

Brommeland Holsters

4K views 30 replies 22 participants last post by  dustoff451 
#1 ·
Hey all Just wanted to give Gary and Remy some more praise today. I have never spoken to folks more intent on helping their customers in my life. I can not speak highly enough of their customer service, in a culture where customer service is decreasing Gary and Remy are still willing to help every customer. Gary helped me in deciding what type of holster would be best for me and Remy has been an absolute joy to talk to.

I spoke with Remy today, just to get an updated time-line and she once again was wonderful. She pulled no punches and gave me an accurate time line of when I could expect it. I am in no hurry and had been trying not to bug them but my curiosity had gotten the best of me.

I had asked when I ordered it if I could go ahead and pay for it immediately, which is not their norm. They allowed me to and I must say it is better for me that I did (Money was easy then tight now). I normally am not the patient person dealing with Gary and Remy has been great and for craftsmanship like theirs I am more than willing to wait. I am looking forward to getting it and thank both of you for your help.

Thanks Guys!!!

#9 ·
With 405 posts I THOUGHT you were but, I just couldn't be sure.
So you tugged on my leg too. :yup:
I was thinking...How could this guy have 405 posts and not know about G. Brommeland? :confused:
Nah...I sez ta myself...he hasta know.
Then my kindly heart got the better of me and I figgered I'd best inform you. :rofl:

#13 ·
With 405 posts I THOUGHT you were but, I just couldn't be sure. ...Then my kindly heart got the better of me and I figgered I'd best inform you.
What really stands out is the way you chose to inform me! As always, very Diplomatic. I really appreciated that!

On that note, I've decided to give Gary the green light for a MaxCon-V to accommodate my CombatMaster! ..:smile:

#12 ·
Yeah, I just bought a 1911 that included a Brommeland Max-con V. Wow, & it was the service grade. Nice, very nice. Can't wait 'till I get the gun to use it (Darn Calif. 10-day waiting period).

#17 ·
When I first got my carry permit I shopped around for leather or Kydex. I finally taked on the phone with Gary. He was a world of help with all my holster questions. At the time my EDC was a 5 shot snubby but I was talking about making a change. Gary went ahead and put me in the waiting line and let me call him a month later and tell him what I finally purchased.

So now I am like some of the rest of you, I am waiting for my Service Grade, MaxCon VI for my G26. (To bad the MaxCon does not come in a slide type of holster so I can also carry my new G19 in the same holster) I hate to wait and I want to call him every day but I don't. OK I did one time and Remy was super nice to deal with as well. I have seen Garys work first hand and guys it is worth waiting for.

Keep up the great work Gary.

#19 ·
I have a question. What's the difference between "Presentation Grade" and the other grade Brommeland holsters?

#22 ·
From what I understand, the boning is a little better, more defined (Which is pretty incredible, because it looks pretty good on my service grade). I think the finish is shinier, too.

The guy I got mine from also as a presentation grade. He said there wasn't alot of difference, but it definitely looks better & is shinier. I'm not sure why people get the presentation grade, since it's an IWB & most of the holster's hidden.

From what I understand, there's no difference in performance, they're supposed to have the same draw.

#24 ·
When I recieved my Max Con V for my XD45, I thought Gary had made a mistake and sent me a presentation grade instead. He said he had not...wow that man can make some great looking holsters.

#30 ·
45-nut wrote:

I'm curious about the Max Con V for XD45. Does the mouth of this holster collapse when the pistol is drawn--

Mine do not, they are very well made and have enough stiffness to hold open just fine, at least with mine they do. I have yet to see the mouth of mine colapse or press in when the gun is drawn.

can you reholster one-handed?

Yes, but Gary actually states on his website that it is not designed for that. However, i have yet to have a problem with one hand holstering with either of mine.

Are the loops replacable?

Yes

Comparing to a Versa Max II which is 18-24 week wait.

The VM II is a different style holster. The VM uses the steel band at the mouth which i can't stand, many people love the holster but i don't care for it due to the steel mouth. Actually, the Summer Special would be more compareable to the Max-Con V as it doesn't use the steel band at the mouth.

I like a holster that is thin and durable and the Max-Con's are the best out there in this style holster for me.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Buy one, you won't regret it, i promise.

Ti

#31 · (Edited)
To qoute the late Bruce Nelson from his cataloge-

" It is made of natural materials, not stainless steel."

Bruce's Summer Special was called the #10 and it had a 'metal lined top band'.

Quoted straight from his cataloge in front of me.

Now, Gary's Max Con V has got to be the most comfortable and concealable holster that I own for my 5 in. 1911.

Trust me, I've got a box full of holsters that I hardly ever use.

Gary and Remy are top shelf in my book and yea, I've got a couple more holsters ordered.

BE PATIENT FOLKS. Good things come to those who wait.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.