Pagerpal review

This is a discussion on Pagerpal review within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok here is the story. On the first I ordered a Pagerpal from pagerpal.com. I was kinda taking a risk on it being I had ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pagerpal review

Thumbs down Pagerpal review

Ok here is the story.

On the first I ordered a Pagerpal from pagerpal.com. I was kinda taking a risk on it being I had not found anything good about ti on Glock talk. When I ordered I was told it would be 3-5 days till I receive it. I finally got it today (22nd).

I was kinda looking forward to receiving it, I wanted to see if it is all it is cracked up to be. So I put my Glock 23 in it and drop it it place. I go take a look in the mirror and well, it looks like I have a huge chubby!! It does not lay flat against my body instead it angels out towards the floor. This think is a giant piece of crap. The leather on it is the thinnest I have ever seen on any holster, the phone case does not fit my Razor. and the fake pager is trashy looking.

I do not recommend anyone buy this unless they want the "I am stuffing something huge in my crotch look".

I tried to contact the company about a refund and they no longer accept refunds. Go figure. Oh well I guess I chalk this one up to experience.

I will post pictures later when I get home.

2. Remove Ads

Ummm... pictures of you like you have a huge chubby? No thanks. :)

I've tried a tuckable and they don't work for me. I'd need to dress in extremely loose clothing to get rid of the bulge.

I finally gave up and bought a couple of smaller guns for better concealment when I have to tuck in my shirt.

Good luck and welcome to DefensiveCarry!
    "If you so much as bunny hop I'll cut your heart out!" Billy Bob Thornton in The Last Real Cowboys

"I carry a gun for the same reason that I carry health insurance and a cell phone - be prepared."

I normally use my C-Tac tucked or untucked and it works great. But this thing is trash.
    Last edited by Smitty53; May 22nd, 2007 at 09:13 PM.

Is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?
    ~Mike F.
    http://www.ConcealedCampus.com
    http://www.a-human-right.com/
    "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

Hahahaha!!

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    All I can say, is at least they're still not $100. I was at the gunshow and saw the "crowd" around the pager pal booth. I wanted to walk up and shoo everyone away and tell them to not waste their time.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Pager Pal

Smitty,

I'm sorry for you and yet thankful.

Sorry you are having this bad experience, thankful that your sharing the experience.

Why, my first flight was delayed for work today, the cable is out at the hotel I am staying at, and you Sir have given me something to laugh about.

be well.

I've had a PagerPal for at least 6 years and have never been happy with the way it tends to flip outward when I'm wearing slacks, which is almost every day. I understand your situation. And yes, the phone case is huge and open on both ends! My Nokia fits very loosely, and the clip doesn't fit well over my belt.
    In jeans it works OK, sitting pretty flat, because my jeans are considerably snugger than slacks.
    "The purpose of education is to replace an empty mind with an open one."
    Malcolm Forbes

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    Bummer...sometimes chalking stuff up to a lifes lesson just sucks, better luck next time.
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

have had an offer to buy this piece of of crap, so it isn't a total loss. But I think I am going to hold off and pursue the refund a little harder.

Funny thing is until I saw he pictures I really didn't know how bad it was. I got a good laugh out of it my self, so did the wife. She couldn't hold the camera still enough to take the picture due to laughter.

I have never heard anything good about this setup. Heck of a gimmick though, but that is exactly what it is

Smitty53,

If you want to try and salvage the holster, here are a few suggestions:

1. Try pleated slacks, or anything 'relaxed fit'. Most pants/shorts that fit you well will exhibit that "really happy to see you" bulge.

2. Cargo shorts are pretty fashionable these days ... I wear these exclusively, weather permitting. These are VERY forgiving and might do a better job of concealing the uneven distribution of payload.

3. Generally speaking, the heavier (and looser!) the fabric of your pants, the better it will resist 'bulging'.

These same rules seem to apply with the SmaryCarry or Thunderwear-style holsters; I carry a Glock 26 or 27 in the latter, on occasion.

Hope this helps ...

PJ
    Phoenix, AZ

Assistant Administrator
    Oh my - never seen one ''in the flesh'' but this is close ........... and keep hearing folks refer to them but - yuk!!!

Not my idea of useful at all.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Dang... I'm not sure how I would react if my wife laughed after looking at my crotch!

Joking of course... best of luck with the refund.
    Semper Paratus (Always Ready)

Yeah, that's not what I would call discreetly concealed. I had my doubts when I first saw these a few years ago and I'm now glad I did not buy one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links