Cross carry or FBI cant on strong side?

This is a discussion on Cross carry or FBI cant on strong side? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been listening to the discussion about how you must be comfortable or you just will not wear it consistently. I have tried numerous ...

Thread: Cross carry or FBI cant on strong side?

Cross carry or FBI cant on strong side?

I have been listening to the discussion about how you must be comfortable or you just will not wear it consistently.

I have tried numerous positions for the holster, mag holder, flashlight and knife.

The most comfortable for me so far is the cross draw to the left side. It seems to hide better and is much easier to get to with my long arms.

Please give me you thoughts on the subject. I am just starting and will try anything for a while to see if it is better.

Thanks
    Yodapsych

2. Remove Ads

Basically, Only YOU...

will eventually figure this out.
    It is like asking what kind of shoes are most comfortable...to 100 people. You'll get somewhere between 1 and 100 different answers (probably closer to the 100 end...)

Here is my take...
    I would venture to guess that a majority would lean towards an 'in the waste band (IWB) leather holster on the strong side (depending upon which hand is your dominant hand)...however...What do YOU feel comfortable with?...

If you can draw your weapon quickly (practice/muscle memory) from the 'right side of your underwear with your left hand, and it's a comfortable place to carry'...then go for it (Yes, I'm being sarcastic). I still prefer strong side IWB just behind the hip...but that's me...other responses will vary.

It has to be a comfortable place from which you can make a quick presentation...almost without thinking about it...this takes practice and time, to decide what will work for you.

Other questions that will get a multitude of responses: What's your favorite weapon? Who makes the best holster? IWB or OWB? What about SOB? (This question does not refer to your boss, it means Small of the Back.) Which is better, 9mm or .45? (Don't ask...)

Some will swear by their carry, leather holster preference, and caliber, the next guy will swear by the opposite info...both can be correct. To each his own.

There are some fantastic threads on holsters, caliber, carry types, training, and just plain everyday experiences...

Enjoy the learning process and read a lot...you will be able to determine your weapon, caliber, holster, and carry/presentation technique with time and practice...

Take a self-defense (firearms) class, this will help with your info search...read through these threads about training...lots of choices!

Stay armed...stay safe!

Enjoy the trek!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I just read your profile...you already have some things correct! You work in a school, you like grandkids, guns, Harley's, and you can carry in the schools...you have a great start...

returla9ub:
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links