Yaqui Trouble

Yaqui Trouble

This is a discussion on Yaqui Trouble within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, I think I have started the infamous box of holsters. I purchased a Ross Leather Yaqui M9S today attempting to use it as my ...

Thread: Yaqui Trouble

Yaqui Trouble

Well, I think I have started the infamous box of holsters.

I purchased a Ross Leather Yaqui M9S today attempting to use it as my first carry rig. I started with it around the house with shorts and a light cover t-shirt. Not sure if itís just me carrying for the first time or itís just so obvious. I feel and see the print of my Glock 23. I then switched to a long polo, felt a bit more comfortable butÖ Again still notice my print. I also find that the barrel of my gun is exposed while standing up from a chair with my shirt getting bunched up on the handle of my gun, bending over, or sometimes reaching up to grab something.

I am now questioning how concealed it really is.

Any suggestions on cover cloths, position, or in general thought on the Yaqui holster??

Thank you in advance for all of your input.
    Attached Images

Lead Moderator
    I have gone to IWB , unless I wear a long cover garment. Might want to look for some longer shirt tail shirts. The printing probably isn't as bad as you think.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Administrator

Try changing your carry location to back behind your hip at 3:30 or 4:00 O'Clock and cinch your belt in a bit tighter.
    Then switch to a darker colored cover garment.
    You should be good to go then.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

IMO, I think Yacquis are better suited for subcompact Glocks. I have a G23 that just doesn't conceal right on me OWB, so I opt for my G27. Both Glocks will disappear IWB.

Moving back to 4 o'clock would help conceal better as would a sturdy belt (maybe yours is) instead of a store special. At least tighten it up. I prefer 1 3/4" wilderness style belts for their better adjustability.

I find IWB uncomfortable but there is no doubt that it's concealability is better than OWB. OWB is still a viable option, and IMO much more comfortable, but the holster must be made so it pulls in the butt of the gun. Many good custom makers out there and here that make great OWB pancakes and the like. Custom holsters are more expensive but you shouldn't put your hundred dollar head in a five dollar helmet.

As is usually the case, you think you're printing more than you really are.

Good luck.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Aside from what's been mentioned...A Glock is a pretty thick gun. A Ross holster is a pretty thick holster, compared to most I've seen. Your belt doesn't look to be supporting it very well...maybe a gunbelt is in order. I think you have a less-than-ideal combination there, but people don't look as closely as you do. .
    What Would Gumby Do?

Sponsored Links