Suspenders ? - Page 3

Suspenders ?

This is a discussion on Suspenders ? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ExSoldier I must be DAIN BRAMAGED but I've got a set of those and I can't figure out how they work! I'm ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Suspenders ?

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    I must be DAIN BRAMAGED but I've got a set of those and I can't figure out how they work! I'm that classic pear shape (but workin' on it) and I'm tired of havin' to HITCH up my 5*11's all the time while wearing a 45 IWB!
    You just put on your belt, cinch it up to where it's comfy, take the two front straps and swing them over your shoulders to where the back piece is on your back and the two front pieces are on either side of your kiester. Then, I always do the back one first (they may not fit over the back belt loop of your 5.11's, since it's kinda wide - if not, you can just put it to the side of it.) then grasp one of the front straps, pull it down just below the belt and hook it on! Then repeat with the other one and - viola! They're on!

Uh-oh...I gave you wrong info. I saw that you had a pair of the Duluth's side clip suspenders - I thought you had a set of Perry's. My mistake. For CCW, I would avoid the Duluth's. I mean - think about it...the clip is where your gun is usually, right?

Lightbulb YUP

Quote Originally Posted by Glock 'em down View Post
    Uh-oh...I gave you wrong info. I saw that you had a pair of the Duluth's side clip suspenders - I thought you had a set of Perry's. My mistake. For CCW, I would avoid the Duluth's. I mean - think about it...the clip is where your gun is usually, right?
    DANG! You're 100% correct!

Now what do I do? Good thing the side clips didn't cost me a ton of $$ IIRC about $10 on sale at Duluth.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    DANG! You're 100% correct!

Now what do I do? Good thing the side clips didn't cost me a ton of $$ IIRC about $10 on sale at Duluth.
    I'm tellin' ya - Perry's are the way to go! I may not be able to make a decision about my IWB purchase, but I sho' 'nuff know what kind of galluses work!

You can't tease on this site!
    Where are the pics?
    I can too tease

Right now all I have are some standard J-clips with some leather attached on the back. (scrap leather at that)... My design improvements require I work with the kydex, something I am currently not set up to do. I am really still just testing ideas, but I will be sure to post something when I have a well working prototype.

Its good to know there is some interest in such a product, maybe I will see if anyone knows a good patent lawyer and see if there is any way around this other guys patent, because I am not going to work to get him rich, and his idea is obviously not good enough to sell.
    "You can't shake the devils hand and say you were only kidding"

Make Any Holster Tuckable

I realise this thread is old, but thought my solution might be helpful to people who stumble across it. There's a simple way to make ANY holster tuckable and with optional suspenders. Simply wear a T-Shirt and a fabric belt under your clothes. Attach your holster and your suspenders to that.

I have a little more detail and a photo on my website at the URL below.

Tuckable Deep Concealment - Joel Dare

Distinguished Member
    I'm with those that have recommended Perry Suspenders. I have two sets: one heavy duty when wearing jeans and carrying lots of equipment/stuff on the belt or in my pockets; the other is regular that I wear with work clothes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links