Defensive Carry banner

Need suggestions for cc G27

2K views 17 replies 17 participants last post by  txgolfer45 
#1 ·
I have a new Glock 27 that I'm pretty happy with and intend to cc. I'm not particularly focused on any one carry option, although I think that I might favor a pocket-type holster. I'm 5' 10" and 185 typically wear cargo-type pants for work (farm) with tucked in t-shirt in the summer. Due to unexpected work conditions I can be crawling under/over something or whatever, and my clothes can become a bit disheveled, so I'd like for the holster/gun to be secure, protected, and concealed as much as possible. Any suggestions, brands, models would be appreciated. Thanks

#2 ·
I use this holster to IWB my glock 23.

http://www.tedblockerholsters.com/DA3.html

It comes with two sets of spring clips for untucked shirt or wearing an over garment (the ones that are attatched) and another set that for tucking a shirt over it (the black ones pictured next to the holster). I can comfortably conceal my 23 with a T-shirt tucked over the gun with the tuckable clips, and there is very little show unless I get caught in a wierd angle.

For OWB, I would look for a good quality leather holster like what some other people here have pictured for their weapons.

Hope that helps.

#3 ·
Fobus makes an IWB for Glocks (not the paddle holster) that is quite unconventional, but is extremely comfortable, holds the gun in position all day, and sells for under $25.

#6 ·
FWIW I carry my G30 in a Hume clip holster and it is uncomfortable @ 3-4 o'clock. IMO the G30 is too big for pocket carry, but your G27 is thinner.

#7 ·
I used to have a Glock 26 & really didn't like pocket carrying it (Although at times, I did). If you have to crawl around alot, I wouldn't suggest a regular tuckable holster, it's going to become untucked.

You could ankle carry it or try one of those UC shirts that's popular on this site.

#8 ·
I have an IWB holster that works well for me when my dress code allows. I also have a Galco ankle glove... not right for every situation or pair of pants, but definitely has it's moments.

As far as pocket carry... it might work in cargos, haven't tried. I can tell you that it doesn't work at all in dress slacks or jeans.

#11 ·
Blade tech Kydex. I have both an OWB and an IWB. I also have a Blade Tech IWB designed for the Glock M30 in 45 ACP and it holds the M27 perfectly, plus it allows that piece to ride a bit lower so it's even more concealable and comfortable. Also I have a very comfortable Galco Belly Bag that is great for vacations or hot weather.

#12 ·
I also have a G27 I'm trying to hide. I have the Fobus IWB and an Uncle Mike's IWB. I also carry a phone and a Motorola radio everywhere I go. I'm 6'2" 275# and with a 42" waistband you would think I could hide anything. I have more of a "brick-shaped" build so anything I wear around my waist seems to stick out. I thought about an ankle holster but size 16 steel-toe boots weighs about 3 pounds each so I do want to hang any more weight on my ankle. Since the grip of the gun seems to print the most I might have better luck with a IWB cross-draw. Does anyone know of a good one that is not too expensive (just in case it doesn't work out)?

#14 ·
I have a G27 that I carry every day in every situation in a Maxcon V holster at 4 o'clock. It does not work well for pocket carry but this setup works great. So comfortable and does not get in the way of anything I do.

#15 ·
I also carry IWB at about 4 O'clock. The gun needs to be JUST behind your hip bone on the side, kind of laying against the side of your butt. At times I do carry my G 27 in my pocket, but its always when I'm wearing cargo shorts. I dont even use a pocket holster when I do this, because the gun doesn't shift much in my pockets, however, I am also not crawling around on the ground. Good luck with your decision.

#17 ·
My Glock 27 holsters are:

VerasMax-II (IWB)
Galco Concealable (OWB)
Galco SOB
Alessi Ankle Holster

All work very well!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.