Reduced wait-time holsters.. please advise - Page 2

Reduced wait-time holsters.. please advise

This is a discussion on Reduced wait-time holsters.. please advise within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wasn't there something wrong with some of the CTAC clips? One certain one wouldnt remain clipped around your belt or something of that nature? Its ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reduced wait-time holsters.. please advise

Wasn't there something wrong with some of the CTAC clips? One certain one wouldnt remain clipped around your belt or something of that nature? Its in a previous thread somewhere. Has that problem been cured? If not, which clips work out best, and which should be avoided?
    N.R.A. Member
    G.O.A. Member
    Unified Sportsmen of Florida Member

Different people experience different things with the CTAC. If someone had an issue with one of their clips, that was their issue and did not reflect a greater problem with that holster design. More often than not the problem is with the belt, possibly that it is too thin where there is not enough belt to clip onto/around. I have 4 or 5 CTACs and I use the standard clips on all of them.

Try K&B holsters

http://www.kdholsters.com/ there are a bunch of threads with pictures and testimonials in the last few days just scroll down

Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone View Post
    Don't count on Eric Larson. Never returns calls or E-Mails. Check his web page. Placed order and paid told 2-3 mo been 8 mo. Called and E-mailed ever month no reply.
    You guys notice his website is gone? I don't know if he has a new one or not.

check with desantis.......nice durable well fitting holsters, reasonable price and FAST SHIPPING.......most received within 3 days...not as flashy as some customs, but very serviceable as well as extremely well made.....FIST inc makes excellent holsters beautiful, comfortable , kind of hard to get emails returned however....blue line leather made me a very nice IWB for a USPc....VERY reasonably priced as well also, looked and fit well also....UBG made me a really nice,well made good looking holster as well....pretty fast also.....

YMMV

black sheep out

+1 on UBG holsters.
    Nate is fast and easy to communicate with, his work is well documented on this forum as first class.

Quote Originally Posted by black sheep View Post
    FIST inc makes excellent holsters beautiful, comfortable ...
    I've had good experiences with Fist. Their turnaround is about ~4-5wks, give or take, which is fairly quick for a holster made to order. Well-made and on the basic/utilitarian end of things, hence economically priced.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Comp-Tac is currently having some problems with their website and seem to have lost some orders, (mine included), and are working to straighten this out. I suggest ordering by phone if you need something from Comp-Tac at this time.
    Yeah the same thing happened to me but 1 phone call fixed it. ITs 60ish orders that they had issues with, now the new system is working properly.
    كافر(Infidel)
    He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146
    German philosopher (1844 - 1900)

Quote Originally Posted by floridaguy911 View Post
    Let me start off by saying that I am looking for a holster for my Glock 27. I currently carry in a Desantis Inner Peice. Similar to a Galco Summer Comfort, but with a tail stabilizer wing on it. I do love this holster for comfort, however, the two belt loops are mounted right on top of the pistol, and sometimes its just too thick to wear without a large lump being there. I wear shirts that fit me, not too tight, but not gangster loose either. So I've been searching for a better solution. Seems if I can get a holster with the belt loops outside of the weapon I can make a slimmer profile... on to the meat of this post...

I have contacted several of the major holster makers at this forum regarding "turn-around" time for holsters. Gary Brommeland, Mark Garrity, and Eric Larson. I just left them messages yesterday, and so far Mr. Brommeland has informed me that the wait time is approximately 16-24 weeks for service grade, (Thats 4 to 6 months) and 24-30wks for Presentation grade (6 to 7.5 months). I do expect Mr Garrity and Larson respectively to return my email when they get a chance in the next couple days, but with their popularity on this particular forum, I sincerely expect similar times from them also. I checked Matt Delfatti's page and he is CURRENTLY working on holster orders from JUNE of 2005. WOW!

The holster style I'm looking for has to be like the COM3, or Milt Sparks "VersaMax2" or Watch Six, Garrity's Triskel or In-Cognito. Ultimately I would like to score one of these holsters in a month, but I have searched and searched for somewhere to obtain what I am currently searching for within a "reasonable" time frame, with NO luck. (Easy holster makers- I know it takes time.)

Does anyone know where I can score a NICELY MADE holster like stated above within a month or so? I want it to be a nice, professional holster, but I want it like ...yesterday. I realize this may be out of the scope of reality, but thought I'd give it a shot to see if anyone else had any other ideas that I have not explored yet.

Thanks to all responses.

Shaun
    First, there is no such thing as a premium holster in a month. Sorry.

"Nicely made" leather holsters are all made by guys in tiny shops who have years of experience doing things, "just exactly perfect" and will never allow anything BUT perfection to exit that tiny shop.

That said, a Glock in a Tucker, HBE, Brommeland, Rosen, Mernickle, etc, is, to me, a little like a goat driving a caddilac. A goat is a very efficient and versitile animal, but a goat is not the most aesthetically pleasing ungulate. To each, his own. There are a LOT of fast, comfortable and effective holsters out there that better match the Glock's rather utilitarian aesthetic than premium leather. One of the greatest things about a Glock is that the tennifer finish, on top of that "harder-than-kryptonite" steel, withstands wear as well as anything on the market. While we oldschool, blued 1911 guys often choose lined leather holsters for our babies, a Glock is perfectly suited for the rigours of kydex.

+1 on the Blade Tech, Blackhawk and Comptac suggestions. Uncle Mike's is crap. FIST is crap.

If you REALLY want premium leather, look no further than Tucker Gunleather. Tucker has no equal, IMO and offers an unconditional lifetime guarantee. If Rob Longenecker (Tucker's distributor) tells you 16wks, he MEANS it.

Best of luck.
    "Happiness, is a warm gun" -St. John of Liverpool

Proud to be an infidel.

Well, I do respect your opinion about my Goat PingPing, but I certainly don't agree with it. It does has the best reputation for reliability than any other weapon at this point, and will probably retain that title. I will still get a nice leather holster for my Goat, but I also ordered a Comp-Tac CTAC earlier for the time being.

Thanks for your response.
    N.R.A. Member
    G.O.A. Member

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    You might want to check out ubgholsters. His lead times are getting longer, but they're still fairly short in comparison.

I guess I'm glad that a Brommeland Maxcom V came with my Para LTC that I bought from someone on this forum. Nice gun & great holster.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

If you're stuck on leather and the devil is NOT in the details (or boning) try AKJ Concealco. Very nicely priced, wait time is about 4 weeks.
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

Check out Andrews Leather. Several of us on the forum here have some of his work and like his McDaniel II. He shows up at many of the Florida gun shows and may have one of them in stock at the show. Check with him to see if he will be at one in your area soon.

http://www.andrewsleather.com/
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

+1 on Andrews Mc D II, BUT, if he does not have one in stock, expect to wait more than a few weeks. +1 on Concealco products, have one for my Ruger SP101 and it came relatively quickly. I like my " goat " ( GLOCK ) too and I've heard Mr. Brommeland carries one in his own holster. Did not know a gun had to pass a beauty contest in order to carry it in a premium holster.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by sass20485 View Post
    I like my " goat " ( GLOCK ) too and I've heard Mr. Brommeland carries one in his own holster. Did not know a gun had to pass a beauty contest in order to carry it in a premium holster.
    Without sounding like a real A-hole, I couldn't have said it better. Interesting to know Brommmeland may carry a Goat in one of his own holsters.
    N.R.A. Member
    G.O.A. Member

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links