Reduced wait-time holsters.. please advise - Page 3

Reduced wait-time holsters.. please advise

This is a discussion on Reduced wait-time holsters.. please advise within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by floridaguy911 Without sounding like a real A-hole, I couldn't have said it better. Interesting to know Brommmeland may carry a Goat in ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reduced wait-time holsters.. please advise

Quote Originally Posted by floridaguy911 View Post
    Without sounding like a real A-hole, I couldn't have said it better. Interesting to know Brommmeland may carry a Goat in one of his own holsters.
    Yep! I've got a lower back injury that prevents me from carrying a heavier firearm, so I'm packing a Glock in a Max-Con V. My requirements for a carry gun are that it be :reliable, accurate, reliable, 9mm (or larger), reliable, lightweight, and reliable. I've got an old 1st Gen Glock 17 that has over 40,000 rounds thru it without the first malf...It's reliable

BTW, Coal Creek did have a few Max-Con V's for Glocks (I do not know their current status), and will be getting a few more in the near future. (Before anyone blows a gasket, please note that they ordered them a year ago - they are not getting any special treatment in terms of deliveries)

desantis--check their website

Quote Originally Posted by DirtDawg View Post
    If you're stuck on leather and the devil is NOT in the details (or boning) try AKJ Concealco. Very nicely priced, wait time is about 4 weeks.
    I've got a black AKJC for my G26. Good holster. I got the holster with 1.5" and 1.25" loops and a mag pouch in NIB condition off eBay for $50.

That said...I'm still planning to purchase a UCC shirt holster and a CTAC...or two...or three....

But...the AKJ does a fine job.

Michael
    XD9 Service, CZ-75B, Glock 21, Kel-Tec P3AT
    Rifles...yes...and shotguns....and
    "Unofficial Legislative Attache...er...Watchdog...er...Agitator."
    "Yes, I vote...but not for the candidate I prefer: None of the Above."

I just got off the phone with Rob Longenecker(super nice guy)
    My HF1 is being shipped out today

I put my order in 01/26/07 and in the interim I used CQC sepera.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

I ordered a paddle holster and mag pouch from Comp-Tac over the weekend, and got the package last night. I have never been one for Kydex or plastics, after having the same problem you are experiencing, and looking all over my immediate area for something...anything, I made my order. I am not disappointed, in fact I am pleasantly surprised.

I will be placing an order for some other products from them in the near future.
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out." British Prime Minister Tony Blair

Quote Originally Posted by purple88yj View Post
    I ordered a paddle holster and mag pouch from Comp-Tac over the weekend, and got the package last night.

Did you order on the internet or by phone? Some of their internet orders have become what they are calling "ghost orders". Payments are received but the order is lost. I'm confident they will sort through this but in the mean time I'm waiting for some acknowledgement that my order is being processed.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Did you order on the internet or by phone? Some of their internet orders have become what they are calling "ghost orders". Payments are received but the order is lost. I'm confident they will sort through this but in the mean time I'm waiting for some acknowledgement that my order is being processed.
    I ordered by internet. I just read this after I got home today, and tried to call but they are not open right now. I DID get a confirmation email. Did you get one for your online order and it was still a "ghost"? Just curious if you received the confirmation. I will give them a buzz on Mon.

Thanks for the heads up.
    N.R.A. Member
    G.O.A. Member
    Unified Sportsmen of Florida Member

Well...I think I have decided on a Comp-Tac "Infidel" for my Goat...er...uh...I mean Glock! Like somebody said a few posts ago - Glocks belong in Kydex!

I couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by floridaguy911 View Post
    I ordered by internet. I just read this after I got home today, and tried to call but they are not open right now. I DID get a confirmation email. Did you get one for your online order and it was still a "ghost"? Just curious if you received the confirmation. I will give them a buzz on Mon.

Thanks for the heads up.
    As I understand, if you got a confirmation email your order is ok. Those of us who did not get confirmation have been advised to contact them with details about what we ordered and when.

If looking for something quick a CTAC will work good use that while you order a Brommeland Maxcon V.
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

That's exactly what I did. Ordered a MaxCon V for my Nighthawk Talon III. Then ordered a CompTac CTAC. Might keep the CTAC for Steel Shoots (since the MaxCon isn't made for one-had reholstering).

Quote Originally Posted by turbo93 View Post
    Try K&B holsters

http://www.kdholsters.com/ there are a bunch of threads with pictures and testimonials in the last few days just scroll down
    I have had two holsters and mag carriers on order for some time from these folks. The original time stretched out four weeks, then four more. I understand how things work, just be up front and honest about it. We shall see about the quality, all reading says they are worth the wait. I always hold judgment till I get things in hand. My holster, belt and mag pouch from Mernickle came in under the time quoted, and is an absolute work of art, fit and form. I would order from them in a heartbeat again.
    I know, I know, you are smarter than me..just ask you..

Quote Originally Posted by mocarryguy View Post
    I have had two holsters and mag carriers on order for some time from these folks. The original time stretched out four weeks, then four more. I understand how things work, just be up front and honest about it. We shall see about the quality, all reading says they are worth the wait. I always hold judgment till I get things in hand. My holster, belt and mag pouch from Mernickle came in under the time quoted, and is an absolute work of art, fit and form. I would order from them in a heartbeat again.
    If you would like to let me know who you are (real name), I'd be more than happy to let you know the status of your order. According to your posting here, it sounds like we're eight weeks beyond quoted turnaround times, which we are not. The original quoted turnaround time quoted is 8-10 weeks, so I'm a bit confused as to where you're basing your timeframe from.

As I posted in this thread: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...323#post383323, if you find that you're not happy with the order, you're more than welcome to return it for a refund. Or if you prefer, I'd be more than happy to refund your money (if it's been paid for already) at this point and cancel your order. Feel free to contact me.
    Last edited by K-Man; June 2nd, 2007 at 04:41 AM.

Fist Is Excellent...

Quote Originally Posted by black sheep View Post
    .....FIST inc makes excellent holsters beautiful, comfortable , kind of hard to get emails returned however....
    Never had an email problem...besides, just call...a lot easier!
    I have almost 30 Fist holsters...2-5 weeks for a great holster...reasonably priced...they stand behind their products...

OMO

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by DirtDawg View Post
    If you're stuck on leather and the devil is NOT in the details (or boning) try AKJ Concealco. Very nicely priced, wait time is about 4 weeks.
    I wish! ordered in early April.

Go Glock - until you can afford H&K

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links