Defensive Carry banner

Reduced wait-time holsters.. please advise

5K views 46 replies 38 participants last post by  Echo_Four 
#1 · (Edited)
Let me start off by saying that I am looking for a holster for my Glock 27. I currently carry in a Desantis Inner Peice. Similar to a Galco Summer Comfort, but with a tail stabilizer wing on it. I do love this holster for comfort, however, the two belt loops are mounted right on top of the pistol, and sometimes its just too thick to wear without a large lump being there. I wear shirts that fit me, not too tight, but not gangster loose either. So I've been searching for a better solution. Seems if I can get a holster with the belt loops outside of the weapon I can make a slimmer profile... on to the meat of this post...

I have contacted several of the major holster makers at this forum regarding "turn-around" time for holsters. Gary Brommeland, Mark Garrity, and Eric Larson. I just left them messages yesterday, and so far Mr. Brommeland has informed me that the wait time is approximately 16-24 weeks for service grade, (Thats 4 to 6 months) and 24-30wks for Presentation grade (6 to 7.5 months). I do expect Mr Garrity and Larson respectively to return my email when they get a chance in the next couple days, but with their popularity on this particular forum, I sincerely expect similar times from them also. I checked Matt Delfatti's page and he is CURRENTLY working on holster orders from JUNE of 2005. WOW!

The holster style I'm looking for has to be like the COM3, or Milt Sparks "VersaMax2" or Watch Six, Garrity's Triskel or In-Cognito. Ultimately I would like to score one of these holsters in a month, but I have searched and searched for somewhere to obtain what I am currently searching for within a "reasonable" time frame, with NO luck. (Easy holster makers- I know it takes time.)

Does anyone know where I can score a NICELY MADE holster like stated above within a month or so? I want it to be a nice, professional holster, but I want it like ...yesterday. I realize this may be out of the scope of reality, but thought I'd give it a shot to see if anyone else had any other ideas that I have not explored yet.

Thanks to all responses.

Shaun

See less See more
#34 ·
I just got off the phone with Rob Longenecker(super nice guy)
My HF1 is being shipped out today:danceban:

I put my order in 01/26/07 and in the interim I used CQC sepera.

#35 ·
I ordered a paddle holster and mag pouch from Comp-Tac over the weekend, and got the package last night. I have never been one for Kydex or plastics, after having the same problem you are experiencing, and looking all over my immediate area for something...anything, I made my order. I am not disappointed, in fact I am pleasantly surprised.

I will be placing an order for some other products from them in the near future.

#36 ·
I ordered a paddle holster and mag pouch from Comp-Tac over the weekend, and got the package last night.

Did you order on the internet or by phone? Some of their internet orders have become what they are calling "ghost orders". Payments are received but the order is lost. I'm confident they will sort through this but in the mean time I'm waiting for some acknowledgement that my order is being processed.

#38 ·
Well...I think I have decided on a Comp-Tac "Infidel" for my Goat...er...uh...I mean Glock! Like somebody said a few posts ago - Glocks belong in Kydex!

I couldn't agree more.

#47 ·
If you're having problems with Comp-Tac's website, you could always go to gunnersalley.com. They sell the CTAC and usually will ship just as quickly. (Though I did just wait a month for one- they assured me it was Comp-Tac being slow- and since it is Sig 228 I believe them.)

And while I'm less that thrilled with their ability to come through on time, wildbillsconcealment.com stopped making custom orders and only sells specific items that they keep in stock. If you order online you should have your holster in a week- took longer for me- but that's just my poor luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.