Defensive Carry banner

Reduced wait-time holsters.. please advise

5K views 46 replies 38 participants last post by  Echo_Four 
#1 · (Edited)
Let me start off by saying that I am looking for a holster for my Glock 27. I currently carry in a Desantis Inner Peice. Similar to a Galco Summer Comfort, but with a tail stabilizer wing on it. I do love this holster for comfort, however, the two belt loops are mounted right on top of the pistol, and sometimes its just too thick to wear without a large lump being there. I wear shirts that fit me, not too tight, but not gangster loose either. So I've been searching for a better solution. Seems if I can get a holster with the belt loops outside of the weapon I can make a slimmer profile... on to the meat of this post...

I have contacted several of the major holster makers at this forum regarding "turn-around" time for holsters. Gary Brommeland, Mark Garrity, and Eric Larson. I just left them messages yesterday, and so far Mr. Brommeland has informed me that the wait time is approximately 16-24 weeks for service grade, (Thats 4 to 6 months) and 24-30wks for Presentation grade (6 to 7.5 months). I do expect Mr Garrity and Larson respectively to return my email when they get a chance in the next couple days, but with their popularity on this particular forum, I sincerely expect similar times from them also. I checked Matt Delfatti's page and he is CURRENTLY working on holster orders from JUNE of 2005. WOW!

The holster style I'm looking for has to be like the COM3, or Milt Sparks "VersaMax2" or Watch Six, Garrity's Triskel or In-Cognito. Ultimately I would like to score one of these holsters in a month, but I have searched and searched for somewhere to obtain what I am currently searching for within a "reasonable" time frame, with NO luck. (Easy holster makers- I know it takes time.)

Does anyone know where I can score a NICELY MADE holster like stated above within a month or so? I want it to be a nice, professional holster, but I want it like ...yesterday. I realize this may be out of the scope of reality, but thought I'd give it a shot to see if anyone else had any other ideas that I have not explored yet.

Thanks to all responses.

Shaun

See less See more
#2 ·
IF your not stuck on leather and want something NOW, give comp-tac a call. The Ctac is the style your looking for but its kydex, which for some people is a good thing. I have one ordered for my sig while i wait on my VM2.

#5 ·
.....or.....Ebay,.... Milt Sparks.

There's a VM2 on there right now for your Glock, but expect to pay a premium $$$$.

Other option, (and I'm not sure if they carry some for the Glock), is Coal Creek Armory for a Brommeland holster, if you gotta have it now. Give them a call and see.

#7 ·
Mark of http://http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/was a pleasure to eal with. Stated 6-8 wks, got it in 6 flat. Superfast replies to emails or phone calls. Also said that he had just hired some new employees, so maybe things are quicker now. Very nice holster, great price. I have no ties to him except as a satisfied customer. When I have some spare change I want to buy thequickclip from him. currently use the supertuck, its fine but sometimes I just want to get it on real quick to run to the stop and rob.

#8 ·
You're best bet to get one of the holsters you mentioned by just getting lucky on a forum, but most people aren't giving up their VMIIs. I've been looking and hoping to find someone selling one for one of my pistols for about eight months. If I'd ordered a VMII when I first started looking, I'd have had it three months ago.
You may or may not recall a thread I made several weeks ago ex post facto regarding my ordering certain "knockoff" holsters similar in style to the ones you mentioned. I ended up canceling that order and ordered the genuine versions.
If you want a fast turnaround, Comp-tac is about a week or less (at least the last time I ordered from them) and the holsters are top-notch. I just prefer leather most of the time.

#11 ·
You might want to try Lightning Arms Sports. They stock Milt Sparks, Lou Alessi, & Matt Del Fatti holsters. They will obviously cost more than if you order directly, but if they have the one you want you can get it quickly. I have not done business with the Chadwicks (who own Lightning Arms), but others here have and always give great reviews of service.

#14 ·
I ordered a IWB/OWB Scabbard holster, with a matching belt and double mag holder from Black Hills Holsters on May 11. I talked to them yesterday and its supposed to ship by the end of the week. They were finishing it up.

#16 ·
Wasn't there something wrong with some of the CTAC clips? One certain one wouldnt remain clipped around your belt or something of that nature? Its in a previous thread somewhere. Has that problem been cured? If not, which clips work out best, and which should be avoided?

#17 ·
Different people experience different things with the CTAC. If someone had an issue with one of their clips, that was their issue and did not reflect a greater problem with that holster design. More often than not the problem is with the belt, possibly that it is too thin where there is not enough belt to clip onto/around. I have 4 or 5 CTACs and I use the standard clips on all of them.

#42 ·
I have had two holsters and mag carriers on order for some time from these folks. The original time stretched out four weeks, then four more. I understand how things work, just be up front and honest about it. We shall see about the quality, all reading says they are worth the wait. I always hold judgment till I get things in hand. My holster, belt and mag pouch from Mernickle came in under the time quoted, and is an absolute work of art, fit and form. I would order from them in a heartbeat again.

#20 ·
check with desantis.......nice durable well fitting holsters, reasonable price and FAST SHIPPING.......most received within 3 days...not as flashy as some customs, but very serviceable as well as extremely well made.....FIST inc makes excellent holsters beautiful, comfortable , kind of hard to get emails returned however....blue line leather made me a very nice IWB for a USPc....VERY reasonably priced as well also, looked and fit well also....UBG made me a really nice,well made good looking holster as well....pretty fast also.....

YMMV

black sheep out :wave:

#22 ·
FIST inc makes excellent holsters beautiful, comfortable ...
I've had good experiences with Fist. Their turnaround is about ~4-5wks, give or take, which is fairly quick for a holster made to order. Well-made and on the basic/utilitarian end of things, hence economically priced.

#24 ·
First, there is no such thing as a premium holster in a month. Sorry.

"Nicely made" leather holsters are all made by guys in tiny shops who have years of experience doing things, "just exactly perfect" and will never allow anything BUT perfection to exit that tiny shop.

That said, a Glock in a Tucker, HBE, Brommeland, Rosen, Mernickle, etc, is, to me, a little like a goat driving a caddilac. A goat is a very efficient and versitile animal, but a goat is not the most aesthetically pleasing ungulate. To each, his own. There are a LOT of fast, comfortable and effective holsters out there that better match the Glock's rather utilitarian aesthetic than premium leather. One of the greatest things about a Glock is that the tennifer finish, on top of that "harder-than-kryptonite" steel, withstands wear as well as anything on the market. While we oldschool, blued 1911 guys often choose lined leather holsters for our babies, a Glock is perfectly suited for the rigours of kydex.

+1 on the Blade Tech, Blackhawk and Comptac suggestions. Uncle Mike's is crap. FIST is crap.

If you REALLY want premium leather, look no further than Tucker Gunleather. Tucker has no equal, IMO and offers an unconditional lifetime guarantee. If Rob Longenecker (Tucker's distributor) tells you 16wks, he MEANS it.

Best of luck.

#25 ·
Well, I do respect your opinion about my Goat PingPing, but I certainly don't agree with it. It does has the best reputation for reliability than any other weapon at this point, and will probably retain that title. I will still get a nice leather holster for my Goat, but I also ordered a Comp-Tac CTAC earlier for the time being.

Thanks for your response.:wave:

#26 ·
You might want to check out ubgholsters. His lead times are getting longer, but they're still fairly short in comparison.

I guess I'm glad that a Brommeland Maxcom V came with my Para LTC that I bought from someone on this forum. Nice gun & great holster. :biggrin2:

#27 ·
If you're stuck on leather and the devil is NOT in the details (or boning) try AKJ Concealco. Very nicely priced, wait time is about 4 weeks.

#33 ·
If you're stuck on leather and the devil is NOT in the details (or boning) try AKJ Concealco. Very nicely priced, wait time is about 4 weeks.
I've got a black AKJC for my G26. Good holster. I got the holster with 1.5" and 1.25" loops and a mag pouch in NIB condition off eBay for $50.

That said...I'm still planning to purchase a UCC shirt holster and a CTAC...or two...or three....

But...the AKJ does a fine job.

Michael

#28 ·
Check out Andrews Leather. Several of us on the forum here have some of his work and like his McDaniel II. He shows up at many of the Florida gun shows and may have one of them in stock at the show. Check with him to see if he will be at one in your area soon.

http://www.andrewsleather.com/

#29 ·
+1 on Andrews Mc D II, BUT, if he does not have one in stock, expect to wait more than a few weeks. +1 on Concealco products, have one for my Ruger SP101 and it came relatively quickly. I like my " goat " ( GLOCK ) too and I've heard Mr. Brommeland carries one in his own holster. Did not know a gun had to pass a beauty contest in order to carry it in a premium holster.

#30 ·
I like my " goat " ( GLOCK ) too and I've heard Mr. Brommeland carries one in his own holster. Did not know a gun had to pass a beauty contest in order to carry it in a premium holster.
Without sounding like a real A-hole, I couldn't have said it better. Interesting to know Brommmeland may carry a Goat in one of his own holsters.:hand5:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.