Reduced wait-time holsters.. please advise

This is a discussion on Reduced wait-time holsters.. please advise within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Let me start off by saying that I am looking for a holster for my Glock 27. I currently carry in a Desantis Inner Peice. ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reduced wait-time holsters.. please advise

Question Reduced wait-time holsters.. please advise

Let me start off by saying that I am looking for a holster for my Glock 27. I currently carry in a Desantis Inner Peice. Similar to a Galco Summer Comfort, but with a tail stabilizer wing on it. I do love this holster for comfort, however, the two belt loops are mounted right on top of the pistol, and sometimes its just too thick to wear without a large lump being there. I wear shirts that fit me, not too tight, but not gangster loose either. So I've been searching for a better solution. Seems if I can get a holster with the belt loops outside of the weapon I can make a slimmer profile... on to the meat of this post...

I have contacted several of the major holster makers at this forum regarding "turn-around" time for holsters. Gary Brommeland, Mark Garrity, and Eric Larson. I just left them messages yesterday, and so far Mr. Brommeland has informed me that the wait time is approximately 16-24 weeks for service grade, (Thats 4 to 6 months) and 24-30wks for Presentation grade (6 to 7.5 months). I do expect Mr Garrity and Larson respectively to return my email when they get a chance in the next couple days, but with their popularity on this particular forum, I sincerely expect similar times from them also. I checked Matt Delfatti's page and he is CURRENTLY working on holster orders from JUNE of 2005. WOW!

The holster style I'm looking for has to be like the COM3, or Milt Sparks "VersaMax2" or Watch Six, Garrity's Triskel or In-Cognito. Ultimately I would like to score one of these holsters in a month, but I have searched and searched for somewhere to obtain what I am currently searching for within a "reasonable" time frame, with NO luck. (Easy holster makers- I know it takes time.)

Does anyone know where I can score a NICELY MADE holster like stated above within a month or so? I want it to be a nice, professional holster, but I want it like ...yesterday. I realize this may be out of the scope of reality, but thought I'd give it a shot to see if anyone else had any other ideas that I have not explored yet.

Thanks to all responses.

Shaun
    Last edited by floridaguy911; May 31st, 2007 at 05:03 PM. Reason: added info
    N.R.A. Member
    G.O.A. Member
    Unified Sportsmen of Florida Member

2. Remove Ads

IF your not stuck on leather and want something NOW, give comp-tac a call. The Ctac is the style your looking for but its kydex, which for some people is a good thing. I have one ordered for my sig while i wait on my VM2.
    كافر(Infidel)
    He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146
    German philosopher (1844 - 1900)

+1 on the Comp-Tac C-T.A.C. It's an excellent kydex holster built along the lines you describe. Comp-Tac's an excellent company to deal with and you should have your holster in 1-2 weeks.

Don't count on Eric Larson. Never returns calls or E-Mails. Check his web page. Placed order and paid told 2-3 mo been 8 mo. Called and E-mailed ever month no reply.

.....or.....Ebay,.... Milt Sparks.

There's a VM2 on there right now for your Glock, but expect to pay a premium $$$$.

Other option, (and I'm not sure if they carry some for the Glock), is Coal Creek Armory for a Brommeland holster, if you gotta have it now. Give them a call and see.
    You never see a motorcycle parked ouside a psychiatrist's office!

Have you looked at UBG holsters at www.ubgholsters.com. He has an IWB with belt loops off each side & a slide guard. Nice, high quality and relatively fast production time. Got mine in under 5 weeks. He has one in his FOR SALE section ready to go for a G 30, call him and see if it can be made to fit your G 27, ought to be fairly close in fit.
    Last edited by sass20485; May 31st, 2007 at 05:54 PM.

Mark of http://http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/was a pleasure to eal with. Stated 6-8 wks, got it in 6 flat. Superfast replies to emails or phone calls. Also said that he had just hired some new employees, so maybe things are quicker now. Very nice holster, great price. I have no ties to him except as a satisfied customer. When I have some spare change I want to buy thequickclip from him. currently use the supertuck, its fine but sometimes I just want to get it on real quick to run to the stop and rob.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

You're best bet to get one of the holsters you mentioned by just getting lucky on a forum, but most people aren't giving up their VMIIs. I've been looking and hoping to find someone selling one for one of my pistols for about eight months. If I'd ordered a VMII when I first started looking, I'd have had it three months ago.
    You may or may not recall a thread I made several weeks ago ex post facto regarding my ordering certain "knockoff" holsters similar in style to the ones you mentioned. I ended up canceling that order and ordered the genuine versions.
    If you want a fast turnaround, Comp-tac is about a week or less (at least the last time I ordered from them) and the holsters are top-notch. I just prefer leather most of the time.
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

Sent you PM with information about holsters from an outfit I bought from gunleatherusa.com. His website isn't much yet but I really like the quality and price of his products. Ships in a timely manner as well.
    Semper Paratus (Always Ready)

CompTac C.T.A.C.

BEST HOLSTER EVER.

I carry a Glock 23 in mine and it disappears. Oh so comfy.

VIP Member
    You might want to try Lightning Arms Sports. They stock Milt Sparks, Lou Alessi, & Matt Del Fatti holsters. They will obviously cost more than if you order directly, but if they have the one you want you can get it quickly. I have not done business with the Chadwicks (who own Lightning Arms), but others here have and always give great reviews of service.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by whamonkey View Post
    CompTac C.T.A.C.

BEST HOLSTER EVER.

I carry a Glock 23 in mine and it disappears. Oh so comfy.
    Comp-Tac is currently having some problems with their website and seem to have lost some orders, (mine included), and are working to straighten this out. I suggest ordering by phone if you need something from Comp-Tac at this time.

I've purchased some Comp-Tac holsters as well and really like them. Quick shipping!
    Semper Paratus (Always Ready)

Wherever there's fried chicken or barbecue
    I ordered a IWB/OWB Scabbard holster, with a matching belt and double mag holder from Black Hills Holsters on May 11. I talked to them yesterday and its supposed to ship by the end of the week. They were finishing it up.

Pitmaster

HELGA: Where are you going?
    HAGAR: To sign a peace treaty with the King of England.
    HELGA: Then why take all those weapons?
    HAGAR: First we gotta negotiate...

I echo the C-T.A.C. comments

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links