Comp-Tac customers

This is a discussion on Comp-Tac customers within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Comp-Tac has notoriously good customer service and quick delivery. Milt Sparks, on the other hand, doesn't seem to have a problem making or keeping customers ...

View Poll Results: Did Comp-Tac's quick turnaround play a big role in deciding to order from them?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

44 57.89%
  • No

16 21.05%
  • Sort of

16 21.05%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Comp-Tac customers

Comp-Tac customers

Comp-Tac has notoriously good customer service and quick delivery. Milt Sparks, on the other hand, doesn't seem to have a problem making or keeping customers despite the long wait.

So I want to ask Comp-tac customers, to what degree did the promise of speedy fulfillment factor in to placing an order with them? Did it play a big role in the decision to order with them or not?

2. Remove Ads

I bought my Comp-Tac kydex because of the positive feedback on this and other forums, not on a delivery promise.
    That said, I placed my order on a Monday and asked if I could get it in time for a weekend IDPA match. They said they would try and sure enough, i got it on Friday.
    Of course, the match was a rain-out<g>

In short great product, great service.

Senior Member Array Smith&Wessonfan's Avatar
    I ordered mine on a combination of recommendations from people I trust and their short lead time.

I see no reason to wait an inordinate amount of time for a holster when excellence is only a couple of weeks away.

This is the problem I am experiencing right this moment. I can get a Comp-Tac (with their 30 day "wear it and see" guarantee) in about a week (+/-) OR I can wait 20-24 weeks for a VM2...am I the only one seeing something wrong with this picture? I know I'll step on some toes when I say this, but I think the VM2 is kinda like an expensive 1911 or a Harley Davidson - an ego thing. And that assumption is not made by not being educated about that holster. For the last week, a friend of mine was kind enough to loan me two of his VM2's for a test drive. They felt nice, but I personally don't think they warrant a 6 month wait and a $100 price tag. Like many others here, I too am a purist...to a degree. But if something can work for me just as good (or better) than something of leather and iron and wood...then, yeah, I will break free from the purist mold and go for the new fangled, state-of-the-art gear, like Glocks and Comp-Tac holsters. Glocks work. Period. I have never had a belch out of my Glocks and I've carried them since 1991 when I bought my first - a Glock 22. I've tried others...yeah that includes a brief stint with a 1911...and they just don't work like Glocks.

Sorry for the disturbance 1911, Milt Sparks and Harley Davidson owners...

Dude...I told you. just buy the CTAC and be done with it!

Quote Originally Posted by whamonkey View Post
    Dude...I told you. just buy the CTAC and be done with it!
    Actually, I think I'm gonna go with the Infidel. Who knows...I may get an Infidel AND a CTAC! The price is right AND the delivery time too! Do you have moleskin on the back of yours, monkey?

Administrator
    Quick turn around time was just the cherry on top. I had good info on them from coworkers and from here, the fact that I had in on my doorstep in three days was very nice. If I thought their products were no good, it wouldnt matter if they good get it to me in seconds.

FWIW, I am still very pleased with my infidel.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by Glock 'em down View Post
    Actually, I think I'm gonna go with the Infidel. Who knows...I may get an Infidel AND a CTAC! The price is right AND the delivery time too! Do you have moleskin on the back of yours, monkey?
    Nope on the moleskin, I run with a tshirt underneath. If you look at the photos I posted you can see how much higher the Infidel rides....on me anyway. CTAC dude..................CTAC

Not really

I've got the Infidel for my G23. Very nice. The turnarond was a big plus, but not the deciding factor. That said, I am not about to wait 6 months for a holster. It could have a satellite dish built in for all I care, but 3-4 weeks is my maximum.

The other thing about the CompTacs is that some of the models can be interchanges with the addition or removal of a few loops/clips. So you can have your cake and eat it, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragman View Post
    I've got the Infidel for my G23. Very nice. The turnarond was a big plus, but not the deciding factor. That said, I am not about to wait 6 months for a holster. It could have a satellite dish built in for all I care, but 3-4 weeks is my maximum.

The other thing about the CompTacs is that some of the models can be interchanges with the addition or removal of a few loops/clips. So you can have your cake and eat it, so to speak.
    My thoughts exactly! Well said!

Comp-Tac Customer

I have two Comp-Tac holsters. I do have a friend I shoot with that used one of their paddle slides before I bought my first Comp-Tac. Customer service is the best, and they ship within one or two business days. Most important to me the holsters are outstanding.

Paddle slide for XD9 service
    C-TAC for XD9sc

Great holsters

-- Richard
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Quick turn around time was just the cherry on top. I had good info on them from coworkers and from here, the fact that I had in on my doorstep in three days was very nice. If I thought their products were no good, it wouldnt matter if they good get it to me in seconds.

FWIW, I am still very pleased with my infidel.
    +1 to SIXTO's comments. Fast delivery means absolutely nothing if it is a piece of crap!

Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

I just purchased a CTAC about an hour ago, and yes, lead time DID definitely have a play on my decision.
    N.R.A. Member
    G.O.A. Member
    Unified Sportsmen of Florida Member

Good for you man....you'll like it.

I went with Comp-Tac for a couple of reasons, and because I had a very disappointing LONG DELAY experience with one Kydex maker and a so-so experience with another. I was surprised when they quoted a make/delivery schedule as less than a week (on my first one), and when it was, the choice on my next Kydex holsters (and recently a belt, too) was obvious.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links