new guy help

This is a discussion on new guy help within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; New to the forum, really impressed. CCH in process, need holster help. I wear a suit six months a year, could carry a bazooka. Need ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new guy help

new guy help

New to the forum, really impressed. CCH in process, need holster help. I wear a suit six months a year, could carry a bazooka. Need summer help. Carry guns are Smith 640 2" J frame, and Colt 3.5" 1911. I am ok with pocket carry with 640 in casual clothes. Good IWB great in fall/spring. How do you carry in warm weather?

2. Remove Ads

I use Gary Brommeland Max Con V for IWB carry and have carried a 5" and 4 1/4 in just shorts and tshirt with not problems

www.brommelandgunleather.com

Gary is also on here so you can shoot him a PM

I carry IWB, pocket and Smartcarry. One or more of these types of holsters. I make my own except for Smartcarry of course.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    On duty I wear a UC Comfort t-shirt holster, in business attire where I like to take off my suit coat, when off duty its a in the pants holster and depending on the weapon depends on the holster maker. Right now its a 1911 in a Galco and I have a Gary Brommeland on order.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

I carry a KT P 11 in a pocket hoster (my own make) or a Kimber Ultra either in a Nemesis pocket holster or OWB with either a vest or an oversized tee/polo shirt or a Ruger P 95 in a OWB of my own make again with an oversized tee/polo shirt.

I carry strong side IWB with an open front cover garment every season, all the time. Summer just means wearing an unbuttoned short sleeve shirt for the cover garment rather than a flannel or denim shirt

I carry most of my weapons in a Fist IWB (with a cant & a clip)...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I usually carry a 3" or 4" 1911 in an Andrews Leather McDaniel II under a loose tee or tee with open "island style" short sleeve shirt.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

I carry a model 60 in a Galco pocket holster. A 6" pocket opening allows a draw with a good firing grip.

I carry a 442 in a Kramer pocket holster.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

IWB with just a tshirt. Crossbreed supertuck. Sometimes I print a little but I don't think most even notice, let alone have any Idea that it's a gun. Just looks like a bump.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

CTAC w/C-clips for business attire.
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White View Post
    I use Gary Brommeland Max Con V for IWB carry and have carried a 5" and 4 1/4 in just shorts and tshirt with not problems

www.brommelandgunleather.com

Gary is also on here so you can shoot him a PM
    Same here, 1911 in a MaxCon V or a .38 in my front pocket. For OWB holsters check out Gary's Def Con. Welcome to the Forum & good luck with your permit.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by ELCruisr View Post
    I usually carry a 3" or 4" 1911 in an Andrews Leather McDaniel II under a loose tee or tee with open "island style" short sleeve shirt.
    +1 on the MacDaniel II. I carry my 1911 5" in one, and it is fine under a loose T-Shirt or Polo shirt. I'm looking forward to the Brommeland Max-Con VI for my M&P 40.
    LegalRaptor
    The freedom to swing my fist ends where the other man's nose begins
    Oliver Wendell Holmes

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Do a little searching around in the holster section you'll see lots of holsters made by forum members and non-forum members, usually pictures and a reveiw about them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links