New, for me, Brommeland Max-Con V

This is a discussion on New, for me, Brommeland Max-Con V within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK, I recently bought a Para LW LTC from someone on this forum. Like the gun (The 10 mags, including 7 Wilson 8 rounders didn't ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New, for me, Brommeland Max-Con V

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar

New, for me, Brommeland Max-Con V

OK, I recently bought a Para LW LTC from someone on this forum. Like the gun (The 10 mags, including 7 Wilson 8 rounders didn't hurt), & it came with a relatively new Brommeland Max-Con V (Service grade).

I have not carried a gun this large in a while (My G-19 & old G-36 were the largest lately). Thankfully the gun's the LW, so the weight's not bad. But where are people positioning theirs. For the last several yrs. I've carried guns in a single clip holster with cant about equal to this one (15-20 deg.). This holster's so wide & deep because of the closed bottom & extra flap of leather & wide spacing of the belt loops.

I know that makes it thinner & I'm using a 1 1/2" wide Liger belt, so it's not that. I've carried IWB for the last 12 yrs. or so, so is isn't my not having properly sized pants. I just can't seem to get comfortable with the thing.

What I'd like to know, is approximately where is your front leather loop at? Not the gun, but where are you putting the front loop at. Pics would be nice, but not that big a deal.

Thanks in advance.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    I have a Max-Con V that I carry a Glock 22 in. The front loop sits against my belt loop right at the 3:00 position. I find this ideal for me.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Hmm, so at the seam then. My jeans don't seem to have a loop at 3:00. Thanks, I'll try that.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

I try to line up the rear sight with the seam on my pants. Of course every one is built a little different. What works for me, may not work for others...
    Tony

1943 - 2009
    There's a pic of me wearing my Max-Con V on this thread (post #6):

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ad.php?t=26098

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Front loop just in front of the 3 o'clock belt loop.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

Just wondering if you found a comfortable position yet?
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Lol, sort of. I think it needs to mold to me a little, but I really appreciate all the help. I was positioning it too far back. My other holster's aren't as wide, so that was throwing me off.

I will say this, it's a large & long holster. Personally, I would've rather have one with an open muzzle & not have that long flap of leather. For a shorter gun, I understand. But a 1911 commander's not a small gun.
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member

Glad it is getting better.
    Mike
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by cockedlocked01 View Post
    I will say this, it's a large & long holster. Personally, I would've rather have one with an open muzzle & not have that long flap of leather. For a shorter gun, I understand. But a 1911 commander's not a small gun.
    Everyone is different, so I might be wrong about this. However, my best guess is that once you carry a Max-Con V for a while you'll change your mind. That tail flange goes a long way toward enhancing your comfort level when carrying for extended periods of time.

If it turns out that I'm wrong, let me know and I'll be happy to make one for you with an open muzzle. Good luck!

Here's my 5" Mil-Spec. The seam on the jeans is right at 3:00 and the gun feels most comfortable right in this area.

Thanks maclean3. I saw that pic somewhere else on this forum, & I think that's been the best position for me so far.

Since that's been the least uncomfortable, I'm going to try it there & let it form to my body. Judging by how straight it was, I don't think the previous owner wore it much (I think he's had it since January this yr.). I understand the holster needs to form to me a little because of the flap & all.

I also appreciate all the suggestions & pics. Thanks.

CL01
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member

Congrats on a real FIND!

Consider this:

I have found position to be less about the holster and more about the gun. Through a lot of training, practice, trial and error, I've found that the trigger at 4:00 works best for me. Hence, and regardless of holster, I position the pistol so that the trigger is in the same place on my body. Now, no matter what pistol or holster I am wearing, my draw stroke is consistent with my engrained muscle memory.
    Eventually, leather will submit to about any reasonable carry position. So when I get a new holster, I just align the trigger and go from there.

Also, when buying custom holsters, I always specify the specific ride height and cant that works best for me.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.
    "Happiness, is a warm gun" -St. John of Liverpool

Proud to be an infidel.

The trigger index is a good idea, but was harder for meto do properly due to it being under the jeans. So, I tried indexing the rear sight to the 3:00 seam. I think 2-3 people mentioned &/or showed that.

It's been working good so far. I've worn it all day, including sitting around the house & in front of the computer (Which I don't usually do). I have to say, it is comfortable. I wouldn't say it dissappears, but that's the full size grip for yah.

Thanks all for the help, I sure appreciate it. I would've hated to put a Brommeland in the holster bucket (Just kidding).
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member

Glad to hear you're getting it figured out CL. I usually position the rear sights about 1/2" to 1" behind the 3:00 seam and that gives me the best combination of comfort and concealability. Before I put on my cover shirt I check out how the grip aligns with my ribcage in the mirror - sights at 3:00 usually keeps the end of the grip from printing by keeping it in line with my body.

As far getting the holster to form to your body, Gary builds in a precurved form so, figure three days to a week and it should be fine tuned to your hip structure.
    Jack

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links