ZLOGONJE Holster-Fail

ZLOGONJE Holster-Fail

This is a discussion on ZLOGONJE Holster-Fail within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just a few quick comments regarding the ZLOGONJE holster that I bought. Time of delivery: about six weeks which was consistent with their web page. ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: ZLOGONJE Holster-Fail

Distinguished Member Array Gaius's Avatar

ZLOGONJE Holster-Fail

Just a few quick comments regarding the ZLOGONJE holster that I bought. Time of delivery: about six weeks which was consistent with their web page. Overall quality was generally very good, except for one fatal problem, at least for me. The leather on the tip pf the outside of the mouth of the holster was so soft that it was almost impossible to holster the gun without using two hands: one to hold the gun and the other to keep the mouth of the holster open to replace the weapon. That outside tip or top of the mouth if you will, would colapse making simple reupholstering impossible. As such, this holster is now simply one taking up space in my holster drawer. Too bad. The rest of the holster was very well constructed.
    Best way to win a gun fight? "That's easy, don't show up." --Wyatt Earp

--If you’re carrying a gun for self-defense, don’t practice like a marksman. Practice like a gunfighter.

--Always be nice until it's time to not be nice.

Distinguished Member Array kukla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Just a few quick comments regarding the ZLOGONJE holster that I bought. Time of delivery: about six weeks which was consistent with their web page. Overall quality was generally very good, except for one fatal problem, at least for me. The leather on the tip pf the outside of the mouth of the holster was so soft that it was almost impossible to holster the gun without using two hands: one to hold the gun and the other to keep the mouth of the holster open to replace the weapon. That outside tip or top of the mouth if you will, would colapse making simple reupholstering impossible. As such, this holster is now simply one taking up space in my holster drawer. Too bad. The rest of the holster was very well constructed.
    which model holster did you get?
    have you thought about letting them know of this problem?
    they should know, and maybe they can make it better for you
    the holsters on their website look very nice
    jeff111 likes this.
    "I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"

Distinguished Member Array Gaius's Avatar
    It was their Pancake OWB holster. I did not contact them in so far as I thought that this is the way the holster is made and as such not a defect. Sort of buyer beware. In fairness, they did not make any representations that the mouth of the holster would remain open for re-hosltering and as such, my mistake.
    Best way to win a gun fight? "That's easy, don't show up." --Wyatt Earp

--If you’re carrying a gun for self-defense, don’t practice like a marksman. Practice like a gunfighter.

--Always be nice until it's time to not be nice.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Array lee n. field's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    It was their Pancake OWB holster. I did not contact them in so far as I thought that this is the way the holster is made and as such not a defect. Sort of buyer beware. In fairness, they did not make any representations that the mouth of the holster would remain open for re-hosltering and as such, my mistake.
    IMHO, you should contact them anyway.
    Ianthin and ugh762x39 like this.

Let's see it
    Ianthin likes this.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special - Walther P22
    LMT STD 16 - Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield - Mossberg 500B
    Marlin 336Y - Kahr MK9 - Kel-Tec KSG

Does it have a reinforced mouth?

If not, that is why. Many makers specifically state that in order to achieve 1 hand reholstering, the customer should order the holster with a reinforced mouth strip.
    joker1 likes this.

I would at least shoot him an email. It very well could be a defect in the making of the holster. He couldve gotten a bad hide from his distributor. He may have cut your holster out an area where the hide isnt as stiff as it should be. There is lots of scrap working with leather and minimizing that scrap can be a challenge. At least let him try to make it right especially if you like the holster.

There are also ways to harden the leather yourself with little to no tools for a couple bucks if you wanna go that route.

Sponsor
    It can be a thin line to try and make a holster stiff enough to stay open with a single layer of leather around the mouth, even using good quality leather as you can use heat to stiffen up the leather or you can rely on an almost pure acrylic finish for the extra stiffness but both methods can run the risk of making the leather brittle.
    I try to walk in the middle by adding a second layer of leather around the mouth to keep the closing up from happening on owb rigs.

Contact them and let them know whats going on as it appears like he uses very good leather, he may have got a batch that was softer than normal or it may be how that holster was designed as some builders will allow the belt tension on the holster to really put in on the gun (after affect of doing this is the holster can try to close up when empty)
    Contact them and im sure they will fix it or tell you that is how the design works for that model, I have never heard anything bad on there work, it happens but give them a chance lord knows ive made a mistake or two my self.
    ugh762x39 likes this.
    Making some of the most comfortable inside the waistband holsters in the world.
    www.nelsonholsters.com

I'm looking at them online nice looking holsters. I'm sure they would fix it they don't look cheap at all

Call me old fashioned if you want, but I think the proper thing would have been to try to work it out with the maker before airing it out on the interweb.

Contact him. He does great work and I'm sure he would want to hear about this issue. Keep in mind that working with a holster is different than wearing one. If I put every holster on and checked it out, folks would be annoyed that it looked worn. Even if I did that, it's not being worn my me so maybe I don't notice something you notice. I check the gun fit, look over it, but I'm not putting most of them on. Especially pancakes.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Distinguished Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jh225 View Post
    Does it have a reinforced mouth?

If not, that is why. Many makers specifically state that in order to achieve 1 hand reholstering, the customer should order the holster with a reinforced mouth strip.
    Oh really?

Sponsor
    I'm going to disagree, because every holster must be designed and built for one-handed holstering. To do any less is to misunderstand what a holster IS. Draw with one hand, holster with one hand, secure any retainers with one hand. Every maker can do it, with every model, so why not? 150 year old holsters can do it, surely a 21st century maker will do it every time.

Distinguished Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Everybody always talks about holstering with one hand. Yes that's important. But nobody mentions looking as you re-holster. Especially if you have a cover shirt.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pure Kustom View Post
    Everybody always talks about holstering with one hand. Yes that's important. But nobody mentions looking as you re-holster. Especially if you have a cover shirt.
    Yeah they do. A lot. You may be the first to mention it on this thread, but I assure you it has been mentioned in nearly every thread about holster quality or when the one or two hand holstering method is debated.

OP, I'd contact them. At the least they should offer a refund. But I wouldn't be blasting them online before you at least gave them the chance to make it right.
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links