Holster Burn Out - Page 2

Holster Burn Out

This is a discussion on Holster Burn Out within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Bigger pants.. And before the flames start, I also have a 40-41" waistline.. I've been there and done that! Be safe....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holster Burn Out

Bigger pants..
    And before the flames start, I also have a 40-41" waistline.. I've been there and done that!
    Be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigJS View Post
    Bigger pants..
    And before the flames start, I also have a 40-41" waistline.. I've been there and done that!
    Be safe.
    Same size guy here, and although I've been working on (and ever so slowly succeeding) reducing my girth, I have never had a problem carrying IWB. Your belt quality and pant size can have a big effect on comfort. I carried a 1911 with a beavertail and extended safeties for about three months "Mexican" style and any holster is more comfortable than that. Also, what position are you using for IWB? I only ask because one guy on another forum had complained about how painful his strong-side IWB was and it was hard to sit down with, and it turned out he had it positioned forward of "appendix carry".
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

Try this. http://www.banderagunleather.com/ I haven't tried it, but it seems to meet your requirements - almost like Mexican Carry!
    LegalRaptor
    The freedom to swing my fist ends where the other man's nose begins
    Oliver Wendell Holmes

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
    Same size guy here, and although I've been working on (and ever so slowly succeeding) reducing my girth, I have never had a problem carrying IWB. Your belt quality and pant size can have a big effect on comfort. I carried a 1911 with a beavertail and extended safeties for about three months "Mexican" style and any holster is more comfortable than that. Also, what position are you using for IWB? I only ask because one guy on another forum had complained about how painful his strong-side IWB was and it was hard to sit down with, and it turned out he had it positioned forward of "appendix carry".
    I have tried all positions and the best one seems to be cross carry with a cheap clip on holster at 2:30 O'Clock. Remember I am left handed.
    One thing I though of is this gun has crimson trace laser grips on it. The led sticks out about 3/8 inch from the right grip panel which for a lefty rides against your body and pushes the grip out . Maybe this is throwing every think out of wack and why you rightys are so happy with your holsters.
    I could put the original grips on but then I don't see the sights very clearly hence the laser grips.

Check out www.andrewsleather.com , he has a great appendix crossdraw holster and is another Florida boy. His Carjacker or McDaniel II (A VERY popular holster,) would probably be right for you.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    I'm a big guy as well. There is a store in VA called Backwoods Leather. Before you go crazy with expensive holsters this guys prices are hard to beat, and I use his leather exclusively. He is on the net somewhere, sorry I don't have the number available but look him up. He is either in Chesapeake or Portsmouth VA (He's right on the line and I'm not sure shich he winds up in). Great product, great prices.
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

Make sure you've got a good, thick belt. Makes a world of difference, even for skinny rats like meself.

Quote Originally Posted by Free American View Post
    I'm a big guy as well. There is a store in VA called Backwoods Leather. Before you go crazy with expensive holsters this guys prices are hard to beat, and I use his leather exclusively. He is on the net somewhere, sorry I don't have the number available but look him up. He is either in Chesapeake or Portsmouth VA (He's right on the line and I'm not sure shich he winds up in). Great product, great prices.
    His store is in Churchland (Portsmouth) on Tyre Neck Rd. next to the post office and he comes up to the gun shows at the Showplace. He's got good stuff and he'll make just about anything you want. James Kirk is the proprietor. 3022 Tyre Neck Road, Portsmouth, VA 23703
    (757) 483-4872
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

Fist #42 Cross-Draw to Driving Holster...

This might be what you would find very comfortable...
    I have dozens of Fist holsters...good quality...affordable...3-5 weeks delivery...

Check out the Holster Sources at the top of the page and then search out Fist...look for the Cross-Draw to Driving holster...quite unique!

Stay armed...while driving too...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Go Glock - until you can afford H&K

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links