UC Comfort in Action (Video FINALLY)

This is a discussion on UC Comfort in Action (Video FINALLY) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Can someone tell me where to find this rig? I'd like to look at it. I typed in "uc comfort" on google and it didnt ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: UC Comfort in Action (Video FINALLY)

VIP Member
    Can someone tell me where to find this rig? I'd like to look at it. I typed in "uc comfort" on google and it didnt some up with it.

2. Remove Ads

I am not a Lawyer, LEO, or Special Forces Operator.
    The writings above are not burdened by trivialities such as research, experience or facts. However, it is on the Internet, so it must be true.
    InstructorCommunity, forum for instructors.
    The Threadless Nut, my blog

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mchasal View Post
    Yeppers , thats it. Thanks

Wow, thats pretty cool
    Better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6

Aviation Machinist's Mate USN 93-97
    NAF Atsugi, Japan CVW 5
    CV62 USS Independence
    HS-12 Wyverns, VS-21 Fighting Redtails

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Ok to answer a couple questions.

First off I am NOT a texican.....my pappy might be (and all of his family) but I am a proud Okie (for all ya yankees I know ya dont understand, but I'm from the right side of the Red River, LOL).

Birdman...the mask and glasses are for obvious reasons, sorry, they are not for dramatic purposes, just a simple cost of my line of work, some say they are, and some are, trust me the days when I was a "real" cop were much simpler...but thanks for the compliment.

Tapout....I spoke to Al this morning...yes I am waiting on my stuff to arrive and after three years of daily wear and a little weight gain my old rigs are in need of replacement. He (Al) informed me that he spoke with the manufactor yesterday and that the material has been cut and is being sewn as we speak. They have taken delievery of the 3XH holsters (v-neck with sleves and trama plate pouch) but the 2XH, Racerback and Tanktop holsters are expected in within two weeks.

jpduece....I dont know what to tell ya. I started wearing t-shirt holsters (and making them before UC Comfort came along) because I was a skinny dude trying to conceal a S&W 4506. At the time I was my normal 5'09.75" and weighed 120ish pounds. If you were using a UC Comfort holster, did you use the one directly under the arm pit? The one in the front is "advertised" to carry a gun, but I would NOT recommend it. Also if the shirt is to loose on you or your cover shirt is to tight, them you will print. The shirt I wore in the video is the tightest shirt I will wear with my gear and I had to be careful not to print today as the cover shirt in my experience needs to be about one size larger than you normally wear.

jdlv4 0.....awww man, Mad Max? I was hoping atleast you'd say the dude in Police Acadamy in the bed room scene with the female sergeant. Thats what my better half always tells me she thinks of when I come home from work....clunk, clunk. clunk, clunk, clunk (in the dark of night) and the beep beep beep beep of the gun box opening and clunk, click. Dang that was good if I say so myself.

robere...for some reason the site to order from is down. Al told me this morning that their system had crashed last week and that it would be up shortly. If any of you have an order pending and havent heard back from them by Monday let me know via pm your name, what you ordered and order number and I'll call Al with it then (oh dont forget your credit card number -----JOKING DONT YOU DARE

Welp just got home and the wife has informed me that my high personal self esteem aside....the grass needs to be cut, so another thankless civil servant is off to push a mower.........(gee where are the govt bennies I was promissed).
    Echo_Four likes this.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

WHOOOOO WHEEEEEEEE Man, Momma dont even carry that much stuff in her purse, Purse in a shirt i gotta get one of them I likes I likes LOL good thing i got paid today and she dont know how much it was for LOL

I've got one of these thanks to talking to Fed a while back..It's my main carry when I'm at my P/T job. It took about 2 times to get used to it, now it's just like anything else I wear.

I don't carry all that Fed carries, just a G19 and a spare mag.

Quote Originally Posted by jpdeuce View Post
    So you are comfortable with getting to your weapon in a hurry when needed?
    Missed this question earlier.

Yes I am. Now you must understand that I've been carrying with t-shirt holsters since 1994 and drawing from them to me is almost as fast as drawing from a in the pants holster (almost). I can draw from under my shirt, put two into a paper plate at 7 yards in under 2 seconds. I can also draw, fire one, reload fire another in under 4 seconds. So yes I am comfortable.

Deep concealment is a trade off. I am faster with an in the pants or on the belt holster but to conceal them requires a cover garment that you cannot remove and in a business environment an untucked shirt (outside of Hawaii and the Philippine Islands) is a no-no. So I trade a few tenths of a second on my draw for the ability to blend in to conceal all my gear and draw less attention to myself (not like a bald dude with goatee, tats and hard eyes dosent draw attention from those looking so I'm already behind the 8 ball). Oh also, try concealing all that stuff on a belt under a untucked shirt. Thats a lot of stuff and just a few items less than what I wore on my old duty belt....minus a portable radio and second cuff case is all.

I take no gain if ya'al do or dont buy one of Al's shirts, however if you want to carry in a t-shirt I can only recommend UC Comfort's stuff and I've tested all the other ones out there I have found.
    Steve

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Steve, thanks for letting us see that. We've been kicking this around for awhile here and you'd already had my curiosity tweaked. When you posted the picture and I saw nothing at all you pretty much sold me on it. Thanks again for the video, that just reconfirmed what you showed me before. But I have to tell you that you let me down by not pulling out the rocket launcher that I just know you keep as a BUG. lol I'll be checking one out real soon.

Assistant Administrator
    I was waiting for an RPG too!! .. nice work Steve and while I hopefully will never need to conceal so deep - it sure makes for some impressive effect.

Impressive - to say the least
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    I am amazed. I was waiting to see the gun, one mag, and a pair of cuffs- and figured you would be as loaded as you could be to get that in there.

I just wish the video showed you getting to the gun quickly. I'd like to see how that works. Regardless, I'll be placing an order.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Excellent demo Steve. That's roughly the same type cover shirt I wear in the cooler months so it would seem I'd have little to no problems concealing a G19 and spare mag or two.

Question:
    Top button appears normal, then next two are velcro "fakes" as you described a few months back? How many are actually velcro backed to allow for easy presentation?
    Jack

OK, so you wear the grenades on your belt, right?!

I too would like to see a video of you doing a quick draw from that rig.

At my age and with my back the way it is, I have all I can do to tote my Glock around let alone that arsenal.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

maclean3......actually the top button (colar button) is left alone, the next three have the button sewn to the top with a male end of a snap sewn on the back and the female end of the snap sewn where a button normally is sewn. Confused? LOL. It takes about 20 minutes to cut off three buttons and sew them back on as described.

JimmyC....I have a broken back as well that i deal with. As much as I like my in the pants rigs, I find that not only does this t-shirt carry easier on the back the tightness of it helps with spinal support. My doc even says that some paitents get support shirts perscribed to them for back issues.

I have a airsoft G19 on order (for my daughter and I to train with for IDPA matches) and once it arrives I'll do a vid with it so you can actually see the draw, shooting and reloads.

Laters ya'al.
    Steve

Sorry for the lack of info from my end. Been crazy at work and jury duty.....

I have been wearing the shirt since Tuesday 5-29-07 on a daily basis at work. I received it on Saturday, 5-27-07.

The first day I put it on, you know of my concerns that I thought it printed too much w/ my 1911. That was a combination of 2 things: The first was that a friend saw me put it on so knew that I had it on and was instantly aware of its presence.
    The second was the FEELING that we all had the first time that we carried concealed: Everyone knows that I have a gun because I know that I have a gun.

So I put The CCW SHIRT to 4 tests:

1-I used the shirt daily at work. No one has said anything to me. I work closely w/ about 10 people in the office (I have to wear the dreaded shirt and tie). Then between the hours of 10AM and 4PM I see customers on the road. For the past 6 business days I have not been made once.

2-I asked my son if he could tell where I was carrying. I told him that I was but he did not see where until I pointed it out.

3-Just today I went into 2 gun shops. In the one we got onto the topic of different CCW shirts. I told the fellow that I had one on w/ a full size 1911. He said that he couldn't tell. I had to point it out.

This came up because the sign on the door said "All guns must be unloaded before entering the store." Out of courtesy I asked them if that meant me since I had a CCW permit. We went to the back to ask the owner and he said I was OK. The sign was mainly for folks who came to trade guns, etc. When I specifically told the clerk about the shirt he said that it did not print.

4-Finally - Last night I had to give a 4 minute presentation in front of a group of about 35 people. We were in the room from 6PM to 930PM. We all milled about and interacted with each other for about 15 minutes before the evening started. Then again for about 15 minutes for a break where we ate and stretched. I was the final presentation and I had no doubts that I would be made.

This happened to be a presentation in a place where it is not illegal to be armed but if I were to be caught I would have been removed from the premises. I even got a few hugs at the end of the night when the meeting broke up. I was careful to "go in for the hug UNDER their arms" so they were forced to hug me above my shoulders. This insured that they would not have their arms around my torso below my arm pits where they would instantly feel the gun. GRANTED these were not intimate hugs - just friendly. So we were not hugging tight (chest to chest) where the butt of the gun would most like hit their breast.

As you know I wanted to compare the 2 shirts that I ordered - 1 from you and the other from a different company. BUT that head on comparison will have to wait do to the fact that the other shirt has not yet arrived. Through great communication they have informed me that there was a delay do to reasons I have already outlined in another message. I will do that comparison as soon as possible - about 2 weeks after the other one arrives.

With that said I will quickly give specific "short and sweet" input on your "The CCW SHIRT"

--EXCELLENT customer service and communication through the complete cycle of:
    my questions to you, me placing the order, you confirming the order, you asking me for some additional information (probably do to the fact that all shirts are made to each individuals own dimensions and I am probably somewhat mis-shapen - LOL), you telling me when my shirt was being made, and you telling me when my shirt was shipping.
    --EXCELLENT fit and quality workmanship (workwomanship).
    --EXCELLENT design. I carry and successfully conceal 1 full size 5' barrel 1911, 1 mini mag light and 1 spare full mag. This is all with the existing sized dress shirts that i already own. AND NO I would not be able to wear a fitted dress shirt.
    --So far NO PROBLEMS with the daily wear and washings I have put the shirt through.
    --I can't compare head to head yet - this shirt w/ the UC COMFORT - but I will do so after it arrives and I can wear it for a couple weeks.

In short, for my deep concealment needs I am so far 100% satisfied. I will make sure to add any updates on how the shirt holds up to the wear and tear of being washed frequently and worn often.

Bart, I am also going to post this message on the couple forums that I frequent. I believe that it is important to pass on the good as well as the bad when dealing with a company. I will probably do this tomorrow evening.

Thanks so much for your great customer service and wonderful product. Every day that I am forced to wear the dreaded "tucked in shirt and a tie" - I will still be able to have the peace of mind to know that I can still have my primary carry gun with me.

Talk to you soon:
    Cork
    Steve and all:

Not sure if you have tried Bart's "The CCW Shirt" yet but I have and am impressed so far. I am waiting for one of the backlogged UC COMFORT shirts as well. I wanted to do a side by side comparison of the 2 but Bart's arrived first.

Above you will see my reply to Bart's question on how I was doing w/ the shirt. I did not describe the shirt itself - as you all can google
    "The CCW Shirt" and find out the details that way. My reply to him was more about his service and my comfort w/ the shirt.

Any questions feel free to ask.
    Cork

The 2nd amendment doesn’t mean you have to own a firearm It insures you can. It gives you the ability to protect yourself and your loved ones when the Government can’t. PLEASE REMEMBER KATRINA and VIRGINIA TECH the next time you vote!!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links